Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Colin Trevorrow Talks Jurassic Park IV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Colin Trevorrow Talks Jurassic Park IV Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Colin Trevorrow Talks Jurassic Park IV - 4/7/2013 7:58:33 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Possible Spoiler alert... - 4/7/2013 7:58:33 AM   
Holbydude

....but I remember a few years back, an internet geek got hold of a JP (4?) script. It had InGen finding the original Dino DNA, stolen by Nedry, and created the same dinosaurs but mixed with human and canine DNA to make them....well...more tame. The plot, as far as the internet goes, revolves around the company creating a new dino or loads of new dinos which are not so tame...both dinos and humans joining together to fight the new ones in a theme park packed full of visitors....Could work....

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible Spoiler alert... - 4/7/2013 8:55:47 AM   
Dannybohy

Didn't someone leak a load of seriously disturbing DINO/HUMAN mutant concept drawings?.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Holbydude)
Post #: 3
- 4/7/2013 9:43:41 AM   
Seamie

Nope, that script was scrapped years ago. It sounded bonkers and part of me will always want to see it but lets face it, humna-dino hybrids?! No, it would've been awful! This new one is set on the original island (Isla Nublar) where the park has been reopened and functioning for many years until something happens, naturally! I read that some of the dinosaurs will have muzzles and a new 'threat' in the vein of the Spinosaurus in JP3 will feature. An underwater dinosaur too which sounds like a good addition:)

Post #: 4
- 4/7/2013 9:59:33 AM   
Lord Bilious

It's probably wishful thinking, but it'd be great to see this film that's a bit more hard-edged (less kids-friendly) than the previous three. So long as it has a script to match, something more graphic would look amazing. Imagine how cool an 18-rated, high budget dino flick would look? I'm thinking something along the lines of 2000 AD's 'Flesh' series.

Post #: 5
RE: - 4/7/2013 10:53:46 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Bilious

It's probably wishful thinking, but it'd be great to see this film that's a bit more hard-edged (less kids-friendly) than the previous three. So long as it has a script to match, something more graphic would look amazing. Imagine how cool an 18-rated, high budget dino flick would look? I'm thinking something along the lines of 2000 AD's 'Flesh' series.

The beauty of JP is that it is dark and it is scary, but it's still kid friendly. I don't see any need to make it more graphic. Sure, it'd be cool to see a really 'grown-up' dino flick, but I don't think JP is the franchise to do it with.

< Message edited by Whistler -- 4/7/2013 10:55:36 AM >

(in reply to Lord Bilious)
Post #: 6
Extinction - 4/7/2013 11:27:22 AM   
richallin

I remember reading about another take on the JP4 script - involving a disease brought back when the dinos were resurrected (think back to the triceratops lying sick on the ground in the first film) and that as the dinos have evolved over time on the islands and started to breed (frog gene) it leads to some sort of mutated version of the disease which can also infect humans.

Post #: 7
Extinction - 4/7/2013 11:37:48 AM   
richallin

I remember reading about another take on the JP4 script - involving a disease brought back when the dinos were resurrected (think back to the triceratops lying sick on the ground in the first film) and that as the dinos have evolved over time on the islands and started to breed (frog gene) it leads to some sort of mutated version of the disease which can also infect humans.

Post #: 8
RE: Extinction - 4/7/2013 9:26:23 PM   
Ghidorah

Rumours are the film will focus on a type of dinosaur that hunts in the dark.

It's possible they will use Michael Crichton's idea of a chameleon type dinosaur which hunted at night and the other predators were scared of.

(in reply to richallin)
Post #: 9
Don't worry about honouring the originals too much - 6/7/2013 4:26:07 PM   
rubadub

As long as there are no scenes where 12 year old black gymnasts kill Velociraptors by triple somersaults then i'll be happy.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Colin Trevorrow Talks Jurassic Park IV Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI