Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: although...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: although... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: although... - 2/7/2013 4:17:38 PM   
FoximusPrime

On this...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bloodmeister

John Hamm for Bat Man. That is all.

...and this...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suverlo

I also think an HBO-style Batman memoirs show would be awesome ... with Jon Hamm as an aged Bruce Wayne looking back on the years (Dark Knight Returns style)

...when the fuck did John Hamm cease to be the internet's go-to casting choice for Superman and instead become the best choice for Batman? What about Fillion, eh? Or Elba (which could actually be interesting if he was younger; as per Kevin Smith's Smodcast from over a year ago which I recently caught up on)?

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 31
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 4:21:01 PM   
Dannybohy

Lets just a have whole separate JLA movie with all new, ideas, actors, writers and directors?. I don't see why we have to tie it to stand alone character franchises

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 32
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 4:27:32 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Lets just a have whole separate JLA movie with all new, ideas, actors, writers and directors?. I don't see why we have to tie it to stand alone character franchises

The perception is that the audience (as a collective) is too thick to comprehend two alternate continuities running alongside each other.

To be honest, I share that perception: the number of people who, when Batman Begins was released, criticised the film because they were confused by when Jack Nicholson would enter the story stoked the fires of my misanthropy harder than Doc Brown's multi-coloured coal thing in a steam train furnace.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 33
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 4:31:59 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

quote:

The perception is that the audience (as a collective) is too thick to comprehend two alternate continuities running alongside each other.

To be honest, I share that perception: the number of people who, when Batman Begins was released, criticised the film because they were confused by when Jack Nicholson would enter the story stoked the fires of my misanthropy harder than Doc Brown's multi-coloured coal thing in a steam train furnace.
]

My son watches different incarnations of Spider-man, Superman, Transformers all the time! its not an issue , we can handle it.

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 34
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 4:44:18 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

quote:

quote:

]

My son watches different incarnations of Spider-man, Superman, Transformers all the time! its not an issue , we can handle it.

As fans I'm sure you can - the problem lies in the mainstream audience. The sort of person who demands a refund from the cinema because the film they watched was subtitled / silent / wasn't like 'The Fast & the Furious' despite being called 'Drive'.

I agree that there's room for parallel continuities, I'm just pointing out that the studios no doubt approach it from a business POV so want to reach as wide an audience as possible and, crucially, want to franchise and merchandise the shit out of everything: no doubt much easier with a single mega-brand.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 35
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 4:59:44 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

]

As fans I'm sure you can - the problem lies in the mainstream audience. The sort of person who demands a refund from the cinema because the film they watched was subtitled / silent / wasn't like 'The Fast & the Furious' despite being called 'Drive'.

I agree that there's room for parallel continuities, I'm just pointing out that the studios no doubt approach it from a business POV so want to reach as wide an audience as possible and, crucially, want to franchise and merchandise the shit out of everything: no doubt much easier with a single mega-brand.

I found the UK marketing of MoS to be pretty pants!. I was expecting ASDA etc to be full of Man Of Steel merchandise! the only thing I have seen is a pair of mens socks (no i didnt buy them) . Have they even released a MoS suit for kids?! or any toys in the UK?!

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 36
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 5:11:53 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

]

I found the UK marketing of MoS to be pretty pants!. I was expecting ASDA etc to be full of Man Of Steel merchandise! the only thing I have seen is a pair of mens socks (no i didnt buy them) . Have they even released a MoS suit for kids?! or any toys in the UK?!

I purchased a MOS one-se over the weekend...it was for my son...I promise...*hangs head in shame*

Personally I think we will see Bale in the cowl again; their is no reason behind my thinking here beyond my spider sense going off...either that or my syphilis is kicking up again...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 37
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 6:44:13 PM   
Dirk Miggler

I get what Jobloffski is saying and agree with it for the most part but that would suggest the studio would choose artistic integrity over the $$$.

Surely Bale is to DC what Downey Jr is to Marvel. They would be stupid not to cash in on that Trilogy's success. JLA will make a lot of money, but with Nolan and Bale attached it would make a fuck ton of money !!

Despite the themes in DK trilogy being nicely rounded off I still feel it was left in a way that a Bale Wayne/Batman could be worked in and lets not forget he was dead before. Supermans appearance could be the ultimate catalyst for him coming back, coupled with a JGL struggling to protect Gotham in his role as the Bat with him eventually becoming Knightwing/Robin when Bruce once again puts on the cowl.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 2/7/2013 6:45:30 PM >

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 38
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 7:06:56 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Christian Bale confirming once again what we all knew last year. Fair play to him for not being tempted by the dump truck full of gold bullion WB parked by his house the other day.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 39
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 2/7/2013 9:01:35 PM   
BelfastBoy

A few thoughts:

- To those wanting a younger Batman, think a bit harder or check your facts. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Jon Hamm are both older than Christian Bale. (NKW is 43 at the end of this month, Hamm is 42). Does Hamm even want to be a huge film star? Surely, if he did, he would've cashed in on his Mad Men status with something more substantial than Bridesmaids or that other film with most of the same cast (Friends With Kids, was that it?).
- The suggestion of Joe Manganiello for Batman was presumably a joke. The guy is perfect for True Blood, in that he has an amazing body, no problems with nudity, but limited acting skills. A very minor role as Flash Thompson hardly qualifies him for leading man status in tentpole blockbusters either.
- Why is it inevitable that Bale will ever return as Batman? He might be, let's say, a little 'intense', but I think he cares more about his film choices than Downey Jnr. Bale has an Oscar, the ability to do pretty much any kind of role, and a bit of integrity - I can't see him crowing about a $50m paycheque the way RDJ does.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 40
RE: No suprise... - 2/7/2013 9:21:34 PM   
Hugh_Fran

You what?

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 41
RE: RE: - 2/7/2013 9:22:59 PM   
Hugh_Fran

quote:

Thank god! Please reboot batman ASAP with new writers/director, he deserves better!.

Deserves better? There is no pleasing some people

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 42
Lets see DC - 2/7/2013 10:22:37 PM   
Battan9000

I hope they reboot again soon and am glad there will be no more in this vein. I want a DC Batman with a DC Robin. Until MOS a DC hero in a DC Universe (apart from arguably Watchmen – also Schneider)was something we had never seen on film. I love the Batman films but Batman was in Nolanverse or Burton-verse or (unfortunately) Schumacherverse.

Post #: 43
- 2/7/2013 11:43:26 PM   
finnie25

John Hamm for batman???? Jokers!

Post #: 44
Old news - 3/7/2013 6:19:30 AM   
paulmitchell

Why empire do you add old news,I heard this ages ago,bale always said it was his last.report something new for a change

Post #: 45
RE: Old news - 3/7/2013 9:35:47 AM   
criminalmoviereviews

I actually think this is a good choice. Time to pass on the torch indeed. Someone here mentioned Jon Hamm as an option? That's an intruiging idea! :p

I'm a criminologist who writes movie reviews about any type of movie dealing with crime. I love it with all my heart. CriminalMovieReviews.com

(in reply to paulmitchell)
Post #: 46
RE: RE: - 3/7/2013 12:04:01 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

The fan in me would love to have Bales Batman share the same universe as Man Of Steel and it would be awesome to have together in a Justice League movie but Bale has pretty much closed the door shut on that now.

Looks like the next Batman will be introduced in Justice League before spinning off into his own series of films.

I think that's fair enough. Batman truly doesn't need another origin story, just put him in there as a fully formed character and see what happens. The audience should have seen enough versions of the story by now to understand the essentials of why Bruce became Batman and don't need to be spoonfed a variant of the same tale again.

Give this person a prize. This is exactly how to approach him in the JL.

And as Mr DannyBhoy stated I like the idea of a DKR storyline (although elements were used in Rises) but not with Bruce Willis (terrible casting, sorry, no offense and IMO), someone like Kurt Russell would be my choice.

The gravelly voice was ridiculous from beginning to end! I was really enjoying Batman Begins upto the first time he put on the voice!. i was like what the hell!! "aint no body got time for that!!". All that tech and he couldn't just put a Mission Impossible style voice changeer built into the neck of the suit! come on!!. .....
Whats wrong with Willis! imagine that face with the cowl on!! almost as awesome as a younger Clint Eastwood would!! cut up and old Empire and try it! he would look seriously good. Kurt Russell was The Commander , he has done his Superhero stint!

What about that guy who plays the main werewolf in True Blood! he would be great! They need a tall Batman! someone seriously physically imposing?

Christian Bale is 6 feet tall.

Seriously do you just type bullshit on purpose just to be funny or are you genuinely just a moron?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 47
RE: RE: - 3/7/2013 1:22:34 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

quote:

The fan in me would love to have Bales Batman share the same universe as Man Of Steel and it would be awesome to have together in a Justice League movie but Bale has pretty much closed the door shut on that now.

Looks like the next Batman will be introduced in Justice League before spinning off into his own series of films.

I think that's fair enough. Batman truly doesn't need another origin story, just put him in there as a fully formed character and see what happens. The audience should have seen enough versions of the story by now to understand the essentials of why Bruce became Batman and don't need to be spoonfed a variant of the same tale again.

Give this person a prize. This is exactly how to approach him in the JL.

And as Mr DannyBhoy stated I like the idea of a DKR storyline (although elements were used in Rises) but not with Bruce Willis (terrible casting, sorry, no offense and IMO), someone like Kurt Russell would be my choice.

The gravelly voice was ridiculous from beginning to end! I was really enjoying Batman Begins upto the first time he put on the voice!. i was like what the hell!! "aint no body got time for that!!". All that tech and he couldn't just put a Mission Impossible style voice changeer built into the neck of the suit! come on!!. .....
Whats wrong with Willis! imagine that face with the cowl on!! almost as awesome as a younger Clint Eastwood would!! cut up and old Empire and try it! he would look seriously good. Kurt Russell was The Commander , he has done his Superhero stint!

What about that guy who plays the main werewolf in True Blood! he would be great! They need a tall Batman! someone seriously physically imposing?

Christian Bale is 6 feet tall.

Seriously do you just type bullshit on purpose just to be funny or are you genuinely just a moron?

Do you just insult people when you can't think of anything remotely interesting to say?. yep, yep ya do.
For starters, no one was talking about Bale specifically, we are talking about the character, why bring him up.. we know why...but still

How tall are you? what do you weight? body type?. I am around 6,1, so 6ft is not particularity physically imposing!. For me a person who is say is 6,5 is imposing. My comment is a preference for a much tall/taller and powerful looking Batman, something closer to the likes we are used to seeing in other media, the Arkham games for example, all of which (seeing as you had to bring him up) Bale nor anyone has been...
But then you don't actually want a discussion on this, you just want to throw insults because your upset by an opinion....dont bother replying, i dont know how you became unblocked but will sort it and please, if you get so upset with what I write that you have to constantly just make personal insults, just BLOCK ME.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 3/7/2013 1:52:28 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 48
Just leave it! - 3/7/2013 1:28:43 PM   
dannyfletch

Bale done a superb job as Batman and it is far too soon for anyone else to step into the role! To be honest there is no need for a Justice League movie as the Dark Knight trilogy and the recent Man of Steel work perfectly fine as stand alone movies and are some of the finest examples of comic to movie adaptions out there!

Post #: 49
RE: Just leave it! - 3/7/2013 1:58:16 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch

Bale done a superb job as Batman and it is far too soon for anyone else to step into the role! To be honest there is no need for a Justice League movie as the Dark Knight trilogy and the recent Man of Steel work perfectly fine as stand alone movies and are some of the finest examples of comic to movie adaptions out there!

I agree the current Batman and Superman franchises would not work into a JLA movie, but for different reasons. Even if I loved both them, I would stil prefer an all new set up for JLA, I do not see any issue with them running side by side. Its constantly done in the comics and other media and its always great to get new versions of the characters by different people.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 50
RE: Christian Bale's Hanging Up His Bat-Cape - 3/7/2013 10:51:08 PM   
MrTrick

If we really need a new Batman so soon.. perhaps for Justice League then I would suggest Jim Caviezel

I mean.. he practically is Batman in Person of Interest

Post #: 51
- 5/7/2013 5:23:26 PM   
263Adder

If they want to continue Justice League on from the Dark Knight trilogy Joseph Gorden-Levitt would be a good choice for the next Batman. In the comic books Robin (Dick Grayson's Robin that is) took over as Batman twice for Bruce Wayne, including an instance when everyone believed Bruce Wayne to be dead as in the film. At the end of the Dark Knight Rises Bruce Wayne already left Robin in possession of the Batman suit, it would be a natural progression really...

Post #: 52
End of an era - 5/7/2013 9:38:26 PM   
fluffyowleyes

christian bale. wow. the machinist was your best film. i actually felt for you. you are better than batman. your talent is great. stick to british movies. realism. just dont get thin again......scary. yours truly, a great artist. karen.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 5/7/2013 9:47:12 PM >

Post #: 53
- 8/7/2013 9:54:26 AM   
play3r

Christian Bailed.

Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: although... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI