Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jacob's Ladder On The Remake Rung

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jacob's Ladder On The Remake Rung Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jacob's Ladder On The Remake Rung - 1/7/2013 7:42:13 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
no! - 1/7/2013 7:42:13 AM   
darktrain

midnight meat train was shite..so no guessing what this'll end up as...jacobs ladder was a cracking exercise in paranoia and surrealism as well as a sense of unease..just leave it alone.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Leave well alone - 1/7/2013 8:51:54 AM   
joe_cool2702

Firstly, it's Bruce Joel Rubin. Secondly, Jacobs Ladder is one of THE underrated movies of the 90's. Surreal, scary and with a terrific sense of unease throughout- the ending was stolen by Shyamalan for his breakthrough hit. Tim Robbins is immense and a great Maurice Jarre score,makes this Adrian Lyne's best movie. Leave this alone, it doesn't deserve to be bastardised by Hollywood. Not a good start to the week!!!

Post #: 3
Leave well alone - 1/7/2013 8:51:55 AM   
joe_cool2702

Firstly, it's Bruce Joel Rubin. Secondly, Jacobs Ladder is one of THE underrated movies of the 90's. Surreal, scary and with a terrific sense of unease throughout- the ending was stolen by Shyamalan for his breakthrough hit. Tim Robbins is immense and a great Maurice Jarre score,makes this Adrian Lyne's best movie. Leave this alone, it doesn't deserve to be bastardised by Hollywood. Not a good start to the week!!!

Post #: 4
No way! - 1/7/2013 12:54:45 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

This is about as welcomed as a tramp's urine soaked underwear. Don't need it!

Post #: 5
- 1/7/2013 3:35:13 PM   
sweetladybrick

I adore the original film, it's a little gem and I also love that not many people seem to have seen it! It should be more widely seen, and it doesn't really need improving on. But then neither does Shakespeare, but filmmakers rarely leave the Bard alone for long. It's not something I have much interest in because I don't see how it can say anything new, but it's like putting on a new version of a play. Only much more fucking expensive. Although a contemporary vision could draw attention to the same problems in a way that might make people think about what war does when it comes home.

Post #: 6
No no no no no no - 1/7/2013 8:20:45 PM   
paulmitchell

Leave it alone you morons,the original should be re released in the cinema,it is a masterpiece IMO

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jacob's Ladder On The Remake Rung Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI