Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Peter Jackson On The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey's Extended Edition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Peter Jackson On The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey's Extended Edition Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Peter Jackson On The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey's Ex... - 25/6/2013 5:02:48 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The long-winded edition? - 25/6/2013 5:02:48 PM   
MarcusDes

And there I was, thinking the theatrical version was waaaaayyyyy too long.... And hoping for a diminished edition...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Bring it on - 25/6/2013 5:24:04 PM   
darthmhall101

I had concerns going in regarding the playing time of the Hobbit but I have to say I didn't think it was too long at all. Didn't buy the disc as I knew this was coming out, cant wait for this or the second part!!

Post #: 3
Excellent. - 25/6/2013 5:54:25 PM   
Bluebloodedbastard

I for one love that this new trilogy is getting the attention to detail and expanded view into Tolkien's world. I love the book, but adding all this extra material not only gives it a broader context but also expands our glimpse into his amazing story. I for one cannot wait for the extended edition and the other installments. I held off buying the standard edition specifically because of that. Peter keep up the good work, and please ignore the impatient viewers. I say more is better in this case.

Post #: 4
White Gems? - 25/6/2013 5:59:30 PM   
the_equalizer

I wonder if they're going to mention the Silmarils in this version then? Not that I recall Thranduil ever being part of those stories.

Post #: 5
Great news for the fans - 25/6/2013 7:54:13 PM   
chrissmart

I chose not to buy the theatrical release and I'm really looking forward to the extended edition. The LOTR extended editions are the best DVDs ever released so I'm keen to the see the additional scenes included in the hobbit.

< Message edited by chrissmart -- 25/6/2013 7:55:22 PM >

Post #: 6
12" remix? - 25/6/2013 10:08:37 PM   
bruciebonus

Any idea how much longer this is going to be? I thought the theatrical version was long enough

Post #: 7
- 26/6/2013 11:29:08 AM   
DanTDavies

why didn't they mention this before I bought it when it came out a few months back. A$$holes :(

Post #: 8
Even longer edition - no thank you - 26/6/2013 2:53:01 PM   
Okester

Totally agree with MarcusDes. Found the theatrical version bloated,overly long and self-indulgent. Took 45 mins for them to get out of Bilbo's house. If I wanted to see a load of people sitting round having dinner I'd watch "Come dine with me" on Channel 4!

Post #: 9
No Thanks - 27/6/2013 9:29:38 PM   
kingtolkien

The expanded worl of Tolkien can be found in the books.
I don't care for the extended cut. I even found the extended cuts of The two Towers and Return of the King boring in a lot of parts.
I have read the Tolkien books 20 years ago and really adore them. But a film must have a good pace. Unfortunatelly Jackson has a problem with timing and pace in all his films. IMHO.

Post #: 10
Has Peter Jackson Become A Victim Of His Success? - 28/6/2013 7:58:59 PM  1 votes
bb

Because if you look at the films he has directed after THE LORD OF THE RINGS Trilogy, they haven't made the same impact with the critics and the audiences. KING KONG (2005) was an awful movie, it should have been called KONG'S GATE for being three hours of staggering, self-indulgent. THE LOVELY BONES (2009) had the potential to be a spiritual successor to HEAVENLY CREATURES, but instead ended up being his worst-reviewed film to date and the first HOBBIT film was underwhelming, I really do NOT understand why it won two awards at this year's Empire Film Awards (Yes, I'm still extremely angry of who won what, apart from SKYFALL). Have you readers being looking at Rotten Tomatoes, for example?!

Post #: 11
- 1/7/2013 1:46:05 PM   
lankeymarlon

All you people crying about the length, get a grip.

You kind of people are the exact reason why studios feel the need to control length and content of films. A film should be the exact length a director wants it to be. For you's that aren't fans of an extended version, the theatrical release is already available. For those of you who are not a fan of The Hobbit, nobody is forcing you to buy it. So stop complaining.

I'll probably wait until all three films are released in an extended edition boxset, so that I can put it beside my extended edition LOTR trilogy.

Post #: 12
AWESOME - 28/7/2013 10:47:31 AM   
Iampower123

this is great, i love every little bit of lore we get to have from the extended editions, im glad that Peter Jackson isn't letting non hardcore fans influence his decision to continue making extended editions, his lord of the rings ones made the films feel complete and i appreciate his dedication

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Peter Jackson On The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey's Extended Edition Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI