Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here and read these forums?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here and read these forums? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here and re... - 25/6/2013 1:23:09 PM   
Dannybohy

I cant imagine for a moment that there isn't quite a few famous names have taken a quick peek at the forum, see whats being said?

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess
Post #: 1
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 3:35:32 PM   
jackcarter

proabably more likely to have a look at the imdb forums

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 4:05:27 PM   
giggity

I hope they don't look on any forums. Nowdays any old arsehole with an uninformed opinion or who just enjoys complaining about anything can find a forum to chat on, how would an actor/director/producer/etc... know the difference between a real, educated fan or someone who's just trolling or is just a moron?
The amount of hate and shit spewed on 90% of forums, it's surprising if anyone in the industry would be able to do their job if they read forums. One example was Anne Hathaway for Dark Knight Rises, she said she read message board and as soon as I heard that you knew she probably read through loads of fanboys saying stuff like 'she's not pretty enough' or 'shes not done anything like this before she sucks'. It's horrible.
I really hope that Shalliene Woodley who was cast as Mary Jane in the new Spiderman film didn't go on the forums after she was cast, the vile stuff that erupted from fanboys on forums I read made me wish I wasn't someone who posted on those sites.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 3
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 5:54:44 PM   
UTB

I would, and I'd troll the fuck out of you all with threads such as Films Which Other People Think Are 4 Star Films But Which You Think Are More Like A 3, 3 And A Half.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 4
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 7:11:43 PM   
Darth Marenghi

There used to be outlandish claims that the odd famous person used to lurk here, but they almost certainly don't now (if they ever did).

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 5
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 7:13:47 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

There used to be outlandish claims that the odd famous person used to lurk here, but they almost certainly don't now (if they ever did).

you're not fooling anyone, Mr. Darabont.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 6
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 9:00:08 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I cant imagine for a moment that there isn't quite a few famous names have taken a quick peek at the forum, see whats being said?

Yeah because this is the ONLY film related forum on the internet.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 7
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 10:05:44 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

That's not quite what he said, is it now? Do you even read before you post or do you just drop your pants and bash your testicles on the keyboard and see what comes out?

Out of the keyboard, obviously, not your, the words, nevermind.

Edit: yes my avatar is relevant. So what?

< Message edited by UTB -- 25/6/2013 10:10:38 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 8
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 25/6/2013 10:07:05 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

you're not fooling anyone, Mr. Darabont.

Also, thanks for picking a classy director.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 10:58:05 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

I hope they don't look on any forums. Nowdays any old arsehole with an uninformed opinion or who just enjoys complaining about anything can find a forum to chat on, how would an actor/director/producer/etc... know the difference between a real, educated fan or someone who's just trolling or is just a moron?
The amount of hate and shit spewed on 90% of forums, it's surprising if anyone in the industry would be able to do their job if they read forums. One example was Anne Hathaway for Dark Knight Rises, she said she read message board and as soon as I heard that you knew she probably read through loads of fanboys saying stuff like 'she's not pretty enough' or 'shes not done anything like this before she sucks'. It's horrible.
I really hope that Shalliene Woodley who was cast as Mary Jane in the new Spiderman film didn't go on the forums after she was cast, the vile stuff that erupted from fanboys on forums I read made me wish I wasn't someone who posted on those sites.

yeh but come on! Shalliene Woodley Vs Emma Stone!!.. Gwen Stacey would have to die before that MJ stood a chance!...........what..?...what did I say!?..
I love it that you unashamedly trolled me!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 26/6/2013 1:13:36 PM >

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 10
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 11:00:28 AM   
Dannybohy

As the OP I would like to change the direction of the thread if I may?.

Leave your hypothetical question for any actor or director!....BUT!! make it nice!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 26/6/2013 11:33:38 AM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 11
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 11:29:15 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Yeah, I saw a pretty good example of that on this message board. I won't name names.

Apparently, sexiness is the criteria with which a particular actress should be judged. Who knew?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 12
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 12:54:42 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Yeah, I saw a pretty good example of that on this message board. I won't name names.

Apparently, sexiness is the criteria with which a particular actress should be judged. Who knew?

There's one in this thread.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 13
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 1:49:45 PM   
Olaf

quote:

As the OP I would like to change the direction of the thread if I may?.

Leave your hypothetical question for any actor or director!....BUT!! make it nice!

I'll go first.

Shailene Woodley, will u be my gf pls

pm me pls

Olaf xxx

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 14
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 3:07:36 PM   
great_badir

To answer the original question:

Tom Urie posted a couple of years ago. Tom fucking Urie!!!!!!

We have also had Jenny Mcshane from Shark Attack 1 and 3, Frost from Aliens, and I'm pretty sure Neil Marshall posted on and off in the orange days.

To my knowledge I don't think we've had any major players in here. And why would they?

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 15
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 3:24:00 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

To answer the original question:

Tom Urie posted a couple of years ago. Tom fucking Urie!!!!!!

We have also had Jenny Mcshane from Shark Attack 1 and 3, Frost from Aliens, and I'm pretty sure Neil Marshall posted on and off in the orange days.

To my knowledge I don't think we've had any major players in here. And why would they?

Because its EMPIRE! that's why!. Surely even superstars like Lists of things?

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 16
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 4:47:33 PM   
Drew_231

Didn't the director of Torque namedrop Donovan Kurtwood in a tweet once?

By the way Dannybohy, if you are going to quote me in your silly signature, at least take five seconds to look at the name of the person and put it next to the quote, its not difficult (I'm not even sure if i'm supposed to be offended or not)

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 17
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 26/6/2013 7:52:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

quote:

That's not quite what he said, is it now? Do you even read before you post or do you just drop your pants and bash your testicles on the keyboard and see what comes out?

Out of the keyboard, obviously, not your, the words, nevermind.

Edit: yes my avatar is relevant. So what?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 18
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 9:18:12 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

Didn't the director of Torque namedrop Donovan Kurtwood in a tweet once?

By the way Dannybohy, if you are going to quote me in your silly signature, at least take five seconds to look at the name of the person and put it next to the quote, its not difficult (I'm not even sure if i'm supposed to be offended or not)

Apologies, I have given you full credit . I put quotes in that give me a giggle when I read them!. Nothing to be offended by in the slightest, and it doesn't mean I agree with them either.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 27/6/2013 9:20:01 AM >

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 19
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 9:59:36 AM   
xzynomorpher

Ok- I admit it. I am actually Tim Burton.

Do you honestly think that I would keep casting Johnny Deep and my wife over and over again if I didn't know how much it pissed you guys off?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 20
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 10:20:42 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: xzynomorpher

Ok- I admit it. I am actually Tim Burton.

Do you honestly think that I would keep casting Johnny Deep and my wife over and over again if I didn't know how much it pissed you guys off?

You bastard!! love ya Batman movies mind!! still the best! ;)

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 27/6/2013 10:21:05 AM >

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 21
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 10:23:33 AM   
Hood_Man

I'd love to know what Nolan would make of some of the threads in this place

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 22
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 10:30:59 AM   
matty_b

If he's sensible, he wouldn't care one jot.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 23
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 12:28:19 PM   
jcthefirst

Roger Moore posted not that long ago.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 24
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 12:41:14 PM   
matty_b

I miss him.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 25
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 27/6/2013 12:44:49 PM   
jcthefirst

We all do. Such punning wizardry.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 4/7/2013 11:04:03 PM   
chris kilby

I was trolled by none other than Lord Dickie Attenborough once. He called me a "minge mop."

(At least I think it was him...)

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 4/7/2013 11:11:06 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 27
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 4/7/2013 11:30:25 PM   
chris kilby

Also, Christopher Nolan personally told me to stop kissing his ass so much cos it's embarrassing and Anne Hathaway's lawyers sent me something called a "restraining order." Whatever that is...

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 28
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 5/7/2013 9:53:01 AM   
MovieAddict247

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Roger Moore posted not that long ago.

Oh, he was wonderful.

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 29
RE: Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here an... - 5/7/2013 10:54:41 AM   
Whistler

Wouldn't it be great if we were all famous people but none of us wanted to admit it?

-Marty

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Do you think Actors/Directors actually come here and read these forums? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI