Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Scottish enjoy violence?!?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Scottish enjoy violence?!? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scottish enjoy violence?!? - 1/7/2013 3:32:11 PM   
AreThoseMyFeet

Is Mark Millar trying to suggest that the Scottish nation enjoy real life violence?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
First movie was awful - 2/7/2013 2:46:03 PM   
Private Hudson

Funnily enough my biggest issue is that it is being made at all. Not due to the violence or anything but just because the first film was incredibly poor. Woeful even.

Post #: 32
A history of (Scottish) violence? - 2/7/2013 2:49:38 PM   
Private Hudson

I think Millar is just pointing out that Scots have a poor record when it comes to violence. It is nothing to be proud of. I am a Scot and an even prouder Glaswegian and I am not proud that Glasgow is the murder capital of Europe. Or that when our two major football teams play each other there is always trouble somewhere. Google the 1980 Scottish Cup Final if you want to know why we are not allowed to drink alcohol inside Scottish football grounds. Or that for some reason a quarter of the British Army historically have came from Scotland. I don't think he is saying anything new or indeed too unusual.

Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Scottish enjoy violence?!? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI