Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2 - 24/6/2013 9:36:36 AM   
Wild about Wilder

So just read due to the amount of violence in Kick-Ass 2 Mr Carrey & because of the Sandy Hook incident has decided to withdraw his support?
Hmmm wonder if Old Jim-Boy had ever seen the 1st one or if he'll be handing back or donating any of his fee to charity? I think probably not as Mark Miller said there's nothing there that wasn't in the script he was handed before filming began!
Perhaps Jim should stick too the type of movies the "edgy" comedian makes these days is Mr Poppers Penguins 2 out any time soon?
Post #: 1
RE: Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2 - 24/6/2013 9:50:46 AM   
Dannybohy

I don't see anything wrong with him withdrawing his support , hes had a change of heart after a tragic event.
After his outspoken twitter comments regarding American gun ownership and violence after Sandy-hook. I think its admirable that he is standing by his words. Not something I would mock him for

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 2
RE: Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2 - 24/6/2013 11:56:09 AM   
Discodez

Right so all the other school shootings that happen every year in America made no prick to his conscience at the time he started filming Kick Ass two or did he just think he'd better get on board with a successful film franchise before his career disappeared for good down the toilet marked "was funny once for five minutes, now just another annoying tool".

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jim Carrey withdraws support for Kick-Ass 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI