Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ben Affleck is Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 11:20:11 AM   
Ref

Bryan Cranston will be Lex, Matt Damon to be Aquaman, Mark Strong as Sinestro?? Well so say Comic Book News.

Clicky!

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 211
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 11:32:43 AM   
Darth Marenghi

Joss Whedon notably has come out in support of Affleck on Twitter:

"Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin -- just needs the material. Affleck & Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in."

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 212
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 11:40:20 AM   
UTB

I enjoyed Joe Carnahan's reaction:

quote:

Ben Affleck has more fucking talent in his thumbnail than the flash mob of jag-offs bitching about BATMAN.

These same fucking detractors, so defamatory now, will be tongue-kissing teaser posters with Affleck's cowled image on it, come next year.

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 213
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 12:48:55 PM   
Ref

to Joe and Joss. I really do not see the point of criticising casting until you've seen the final product.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 214
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 2:23:09 PM   
MonsterCat

Anybody who has bitched about this news since it broke is a moron with a microscopic dick.

So there's that...

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 215
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 3:19:44 PM   
spark1

how affleck was cast and his future as batman-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28314/how-ben-affleck-was-cast-as-batman

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 216
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 3:45:25 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Spark, if you're going to spam the place out with links at least have the decency to link the original article rather than Dark Horizons' lazy summary of it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-ben-affleck-said-yes-613658

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 217
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 4:07:03 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Anybody who has bitched about this news since it broke is a moron with a microscopic dick.

So there's that...

I resent that; my dick is just shy of average...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 218
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 4:48:44 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

So there's that...

The correct terms are

Micropenis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micropenis

or Buried Penis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buried_Penis

I never knew the later would be possible.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 219
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 6:09:19 PM   
justfontaine

I'm not trying to sound like one of these 'I knew all along' people but a while ago my girlfriend and I were looking through the potential candidates for Bruce Wayne and on the msn homepage was a picture of Affleck. I turned and said to my girlfriend, 'He well looks like a Bruce Wayne' and she laughed at me. I was being serious but, of course, I never would imagine in a million years he would the said role.

I've been a massive fan of Affleck's three directorial efforts so far so I was initially a little disappointed that he didn't get the Man of Steel gig as rumoured a while back. But when I woke up to the news that he would BE Batman I was alright with it. I think Affleck has matured a lot since the days that all these petition-mongers are holding against him as since then he has given solid and impressive performances in Argo, The Town, State of Play, To The Wonder and Hollywoodland. He also, like I say earlier, looks a lot like a Bruce Wayne should look like (I think); he's big, got a strong frame, handsome and looks like he can handle himself. I think people are letting their predetermined ideas get in the way of who Affleck actually is now. My only issue with the project is Zack Snyder, I was not a fan of MoS at all and I hoped another director would have been given the Batman/Superman match up but so be it. I'll be in the queue for my ticket and so shall every person who signed that silly petition.

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 220
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/8/2013 9:20:18 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: justfontaine
My only issue with the project is Zack Snyder, I was not a fan of MoS at all and I hoped another director would have been given the Batman/Superman match up but so be it. I'll be in the queue for my ticket and so shall every person who signed that silly petition.

l know what you mean, but given Affleck's experience hopefully he's having some serious input on the script for this thing. And to be honest, it's the first time Batman and Superman meet on the silver screen - there's no way I'm missing that!

(in reply to justfontaine)
Post #: 221
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/8/2013 8:02:42 AM   
MonsterCat

There's a petition? For fucks sake.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 222
Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/8/2013 8:43:19 AM   
Macavity

If the Affleck announcement was 10 years ago I could at least understand the outrage but now he is a considerable talent in Hollywood with a nack for making good/great movies. Really glad to read that he is having a hand in the scripting too. Looking forward to a fresh take on Batman and really happy the Nolan films have been given the respect to stand alone. WB could have gone the easy route and milked it dry casting Bale/JGL but they've taken a risk instead - that should be applauded.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 223
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/8/2013 9:10:14 AM   
BelfastBoy

Just thinking aloud here, maybe putting two and two together and not getting four, but...It's being speculated that Nolan is no longer involved:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a509763/christopher-nolan-no-longer-involved-in-superman-vs-batman.html

Read into that what you will. However, what if WB are trying to leverage Snyder off the scene as well now that prodigal son Affleck's on board? I was never entirely clear about the extent of Nolan's involvement in MOS - the nebulous 'executive production' can mean everything or nothing (the Weinsteins for LOTR etc). But bringing Batman, and now Affleck to the party will introduce a whole load of extra studio politics and players into the equation, to the point maybe where Nolan can see where things are heading and wants out completely?

(in reply to Macavity)
Post #: 224
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/8/2013 11:50:42 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

Just thinking aloud here, maybe putting two and two together and not getting four, but...It's being speculated that Nolan is no longer involved:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a509763/christopher-nolan-no-longer-involved-in-superman-vs-batman.html

Read into that what you will. However, what if WB are trying to leverage Snyder off the scene as well now that prodigal son Affleck's on board? I was never entirely clear about the extent of Nolan's involvement in MOS - the nebulous 'executive production' can mean everything or nothing (the Weinsteins for LOTR etc). But bringing Batman, and now Affleck to the party will introduce a whole load of extra studio politics and players into the equation, to the point maybe where Nolan can see where things are heading and wants out completely?

My impression was that Nolan's involvement was mostly shepherding the film in actual production - he convinced WB to back the script and then hired Snyder. He must have given notes but like a decent producer gave Snyder the creative freedom to make of it what he wanted (the ending with Zod is one of Snyder's changes - originally all the Kryptonians got sucked back into the Phantom Zone). I always figured he'd bow out when it came to developing a new Batman - so it wouldn't be particularly surprising if the speculation turned out to be on the money.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 225
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 10:28:16 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

Spark, if you're going to spam the place out with links at least have the decency to link the original article rather than Dark Horizons' lazy summary of it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-ben-affleck-said-yes-613658

my bad.

cranston has signed as luthor.

http://www.mania.com/cranston-for-lex-luthor_article_138248.html

< Message edited by spark1 -- 27/8/2013 1:51:25 PM >

Post #: 226
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 11:54:52 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

There's a petition? For fucks sake.

The worst thing about the petition is that it's taking up space on change.org, which is supposed to be for things that are a little more important than who got cast as Batman.
It's ridiculous... I don't agree with the casting choice, but there's no way I'm going to sign something to get him fired. As someone on Twitter said, "No matter what you think, it's still hurting a real person to 'protect' a fictional character".

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 227
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 12:35:06 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

LINK

What a bunch of sad,sad people.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 228
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 12:50:54 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Its all very "George Lucas raped my childhood"

I mean look at this assclown...;

quote:

Kevin Lee OLYMPIA, WA

4 days ago
Liked 37

Today I woke up to a nightmare rather than from one. My favorite character of all time and most other people's favorite as well, DESTROYED by the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman. My hands can barely type those words. WHY, HOW, WHAT did we do to deserve this. What an epic fail on the part of Warner Brothers. It is a sad day for all who love this character. Who would have thought that in the end it wasn't the Joker or two face or even Ra's al Ghul that took down the Batman but a few misguided executives at Warner Brothers. I WILL NOT BE SEEING THIS MOVIE, NOR WILL I PURCHASE THE MERCHANDISE. You have lost a life long fan.

But thankfully it's not being overstated....

quote:

Ben Handshue SEVILLE, OH

4 days ago
Liked 6

This is an injustice

An injustice? An actor playing a fucking fictional role is an injustice?. Jesus Christ......

< Message edited by Keyser Sozzled -- 27/8/2013 12:55:22 PM >

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 229
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 1:06:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

Kevin Lee OLYMPIA, WA

4 days ago
Liked 37

Today I woke up to a nightmare rather than from one. My favorite character of all time and most other people's favorite as well, DESTROYED by the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman. My hands can barely type those words. WHY, HOW, WHAT did we do to deserve this. What an epic fail on the part of Warner Brothers. It is a sad day for all who love this character. Who would have thought that in the end it wasn't the Joker or two face or even Ra's al Ghul that took down the Batman but a few misguided executives at Warner Brothers. I WILL NOT BE SEEING THIS MOVIE, NOR WILL I PURCHASE THE MERCHANDISE. You have lost a life long fan.

quote:

Ben Handshue SEVILLE, OH

4 days ago
Liked 6

This is an injustice

An injustice? An actor playing a fucking fictional role is an injustice?. Jesus Christ......

You just know they'll see the movie eventually..and possibly buy the merchandise as well.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 230
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 2:53:05 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

Kevin Lee OLYMPIA, WA

4 days ago
Liked 37

quote:

Ben Handshue SEVILLE, OH

4 days ago
Liked 6

This is an injustice

You just know they'll see the movie eventually..and possibly buy the merchandise as well.

But they'll make damn sure they won't enjoy it. Well...maybe after the third or fourth viewing.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

Post #: 231
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 3:59:51 PM   
Artoo

quote:

LINK

That gives me the raging fucking hump that does! Eighty thousand people have signed that shit? And I thought I was a loser.....

I just hope Warner Brothers and Affleck himself are unnafected by it. But even with all his money, cars and memories of being inside Jennifer Lopez - that shit's gotta hurt!!

Funny thing is, all of these saddo's that have signed this petition will be humping their laptops when the teaser trailer comes out!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 232
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 4:28:23 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

LINK

That gives me the raging fucking hump that does! Eighty thousand people have signed that shit? And I thought I was a loser.....

I just hope Warner Brothers and Affleck himself are unnafected by it. But even with all his money, cars and memories of being inside Jennifer Lopez - that shit's gotta hurt!!

Funny thing is, all of these saddo's that have signed this petition will be humping their laptops when the teaser trailer comes out!

Personally, I think the other Jennifer that he still gets to be inside is a bigger achievement.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 233
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 4:40:11 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

LINK

Personally, I think the other Jennifer that he still gets to be inside is a bigger achievement.

Nah - she's too masculine. Have you seen her biceps? Lopez has her beat arse dow,....I mean hands down!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 234
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 4:52:44 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

LINK

Nah - she's too masculine. Have you seen her biceps? Lopez has her beat arse dow,....I mean hands down!

I guess it's down to my always liking women who can kick my arse. Not Mother Russia from Kick-Ass 2 style... but definitely Sidney Bristow/Elektra style.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 235
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 4:55:58 PM   
MonsterCat

Does anyone know of Cool Breeze's feelings on Ben Affleck? Will he be the next Daniel Craig for him?

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 236
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 5:29:31 PM   
pete_traynor

Cranston's casting as Luthor is breaking (bad arf) all over the place.

Wanted nothing to do with this after MOS... But they cast Affleck and got my attention a bit... And now Walt as Lex!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 237
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 6:25:56 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Does anyone know of Cool Breeze's feelings on Ben Affleck?

Frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 238
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 7:37:33 PM   
MonsterCat

No, I was just wondering if we have more bitching to look forward to.

The place has been a bit dull of late and I need to laugh at someone to take my mind of my own shortcomings.

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 239
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/8/2013 7:57:07 PM   
Ghidorah

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U4he3GgC4#

I would also recommend cheaking out his other videos.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI