Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: World's Finest

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: World's Finest Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: World's Finest - 26/7/2013 10:17:22 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Madds Mikkelsen is indeed a good shout but I think Michael C Hall would do the best Lex Luthor.

I love MCH as Dexter, even liked him in The Gamer. Plus Lex is a redtop too!. They could have Lex`s hair loss being Supes fault in some way!. If I remember from the early comics he loses it in a lab experiment and various other ways in different versions. I think in Smallville is was the original Meteor shower which bought Kal to earth which caused the young Lex to lose all his red locks!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 91
RE: World's Finest - 29/7/2013 3:14:01 PM   
Ref

Viggo Mortensen for Bruce Wayne? He definitely has the jawline for the mask and one hell of an actor.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 92
RE: World's Finest - 29/7/2013 3:23:58 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Viggo Mortensen for Bruce Wayne? He definitely has the jawline for the mask and one hell of an actor.

debatable!
I say they will go for someone much younger

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 93
RE: World's Finest - 29/7/2013 3:42:11 PM   
Ref

You take that back, Danny - I will not hear a bad word about Viggo

I think if they want to go for an older actor, he's fit in perfectly. However, I do think that they'll want a (much) younger actor. Pity really.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 94
RE: World's Finest - 29/7/2013 3:46:23 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

You take that back, Danny - I will not hear a bad word about Viggo

I think if they want to go for an older actor, he's fit in perfectly. However, I do think that they'll want a (much) younger actor. Pity really.

shan't! ! I stand by it, he is sooo midde-earth!
Joe all the way!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 95
RE: World's Finest - 29/7/2013 3:53:43 PM   
Ref

http://hilariousgifs.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/michael-office-noooo.html

EDIT: Bugger, it didn't work. Well there's the link anyway.

< Message edited by Ref -- 29/7/2013 3:54:56 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 96
RE: World's Finest - 30/7/2013 10:35:24 AM   
spark1

I will miss the old clark/lois/superman dynamic but lois had to know his secret.-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27967/-man-of-steel-2-to-include-an-aware-lois

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 97
RE: World's Finest - 30/7/2013 11:08:23 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

I will miss the old clark/lois/superman dynamic but lois had to know his secret.-

It was obvious she knew who he was at the end of the movie , Daily Planet scene! " Welcome to the Planet" ! Thanks anyway Henry!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 30/7/2013 11:10:58 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 98
RE: World's Finest - 30/7/2013 12:06:41 PM   
Ref

It was made clear throughout the whole frigging film as Lois tracked down Clark and his Mum. Did the the person writing the article not watch the film?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 99
RE: World's Finest - 30/7/2013 12:45:01 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

It was made clear throughout the whole frigging film as Lois tracked down Clark and his Mum. Did the the person writing the article not watch the film?

Henry thinks we are all as thick as his Superman/Clark! ;) (oh yes I did)

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 100
RE: World's Finest - 30/7/2013 1:10:26 PM   
Ref

It's not Cavill being the dumbass, it's the author Garth Franklin. He just had to answer a stupid-ass question.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 101
RE: World's Finest - 31/7/2013 10:32:22 AM   
spark1

grant Morrison on MOS-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a502711/grant-morrison-on-man-of-steel-why-do-we-want-superheroes-to-kill.html

let it not happen again in MOS2.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 31/7/2013 2:36:11 PM >

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 102
RE: World's Finest - 31/7/2013 4:24:10 PM   
pete_traynor

Itís too late for me! When I look at Superman I want to feel awed and inspired. When I look at this fellow, all that springs to mind is the sound of a neck brutally snapping.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 31/7/2013 4:25:04 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 103
RE: World's Finest - 31/7/2013 4:24:37 PM   
pete_traynor

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 104
RE: World's Finest - 1/8/2013 2:46:48 PM   
spark1

want a grounded political/journalist movie vibe from MOS2/BvS/WsF.
a bit 'president's men'/'broadcast news' before the superhero stuff kicks in.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 2/8/2013 10:37:38 AM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 105
RE: World's Finest - 1/8/2013 3:19:07 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

debatable!
I say they will go for someone much younger

Yeah definitely younger. I'm still sold on Armie Hammer myself!

Viggo's great n'all though - just too old!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 106
RE: World's Finest - 1/8/2013 3:24:48 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

It was obvious she knew who he was at the end of the movie , Daily Planet scene! " Welcome to the Planet" ! Thanks anyway Henry!

I say thank Christ they actually addressed this at all! I know a flying humanoid alien who shoots lasers from his eyes and can freeze water with his breath is,....y'know - a bit far fetched, but the whole thing with Clark's disguise being a pair of frickin glasses and the whole bleedin world buying it is and always has been well stoopid!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 107
RE: World's Finest - 1/8/2013 4:32:11 PM   
Ref

Frank Miller advising Snyder?

Click this way!

So if they're going down the Dark Knight Returns maybe an older Batman will be cast - it's highly doubtful but I can dream, can't I

And Artoo, I thought that glasses as a disguise was a tad crap too. Until that is I started to wear contacts myself and my work colleagues didn't notice that I had brown eyes

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 108
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 10:51:48 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

I say thank Christ they actually addressed this at all! I know a flying humanoid alien who shoots lasers from his eyes and can freeze water with his breath is,....y'know - a bit far fetched, but the whole thing with Clark's disguise being a pair of frickin glasses and the whole bleedin world buying it is and always has been well stoopid!

Lets not forget all the other people in the movie who know Clark is SUperman, the Police man who drops Lois off at his house for a start!....

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 109
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 10:54:08 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Click this way!

So if they're going down the Dark Knight Returns maybe an older Batman will be cast - it's highly doubtful but I can dream, can't I

And Artoo, I thought that glasses as a disguise was a tad crap too. Until that is I started to wear contacts myself and my work colleagues didn't notice that I had brown eyes

Having an older BAtman wont appeal to the death and destruction hungry youth that MoS was made for!. I doubt they will go the full TDR route!... they will want some buff young fella to wrestle with this knuckledragging Superdude!.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 110
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 10:58:06 AM   
AxlReznor

I'd be very surprised if Jake Gyllenhaal isn't at least on Warner Bros.' list to play Batman. He was considered for Batman Begins, but thankfully didn't happen because he was too young at the time. And The Dark Knight would've been gross with him in the lead...

But now, if he can pack on a few pounds, I believe he's ready. Considering the dedication he showed to the action scenes in Prince Of Persia, which wasn't even a great movie (though not as bad as people say), I'm sure he'd up his game to play Batman.

If not him, then Karl Urban would be good if he didn't already have his plate full of franchise work with both Star Trek and Dredd (if they ever get a sequel off the ground).

EDIT: If they do cast an older Batman (unlikely, I know... considering they're obviously hoping this person to play Batman long term and not just in this film), perhaps Kevin Conroy could find himself as the live action Batman. He's been the voice everyone has associated with the character for a while, and he looks the part, too.

< Message edited by AxlReznor -- 2/8/2013 11:00:18 AM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 111
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 11:08:12 AM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

Click this way!

Having an older BAtman wont appeal to the death and destruction hungry youth that MoS was made for!. I doubt they will go the full TDR route!... they will want some buff young fella to wrestle with this knuckledragging Superdude!.

Haha! Aww come on Danny, it's not just the "death and destruction hungry youth" that liked it. I'm 35 and a pacifist! I do however enjoy watching Superman kicking ass - but I'm not exactly overstruck on the whole death thing! I guess Superman poking Zod in the eyes Three Stooges style at the end of MOS didn't come off well with the studio when compared to the whole neck snapping thing! Oh well.......

I'd be ok with an older Batman or a younger Batman. Whatever they do - we're gonna have two iconic characters on-screen together for the first (but by no means the last) time! As you know I am a supporter of Armie Hammer for the role but funnily enough I read an interview with him in this mornings Metro and he said he wouldn't do it because he doesn't see the point in Superheroes!! He also said he fancies Henry Cavill..........

If it's an older Batman they want then it's Christian Bale all the way - it just makes sense. If it's a younger one - It's Armie Hammer or bust as far as I'm concerned! I literally can't think of anyone better for the role at the moment!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 112
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 11:11:32 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

quote:

Click this way!

Haha! Aww come on Danny, it's not just the "death and destruction hungry youth" that liked it. I'm 35 and a pacifist! I do however enjoy watching Superman kicking ass - but I'm not exactly overstruck on the whole death thing! I guess Superman poking Zod in the eyes Three Stooges style at the end of MOS didn't come off well with the studio when compared to the whole neck snapping thing! Oh well.......

I'd be ok with an older Batman or a younger Batman. Whatever they do - we're gonna have two iconic characters on-screen together for the first (but by no means the last) time! As you know I am a supporter of Armie Hammer for the role but funnily enough I read an interview with him in this mornings Metro and he said he wouldn't do it because he doesn't see the point in Superheroes!! He also said he fancies Henry Cavill..........

If it's an older Batman they want then it's Christian Bale all the way - it just makes sense. If it's a younger one - It's Armie Hammer or bust as far as I'm concerned! I literally can't think of anyone better for the role at the moment!

What the hell does he think The Lone Ranger is, if not a superhero in the Old West?

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 113
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 11:29:43 AM   
AxlReznor

And according to Batman On Film, numerous sources have claimed that Warner Bros. are looking for actors in their 40's to play a "grizzled veteran" Batman. Surprising, but could be interesting.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 114
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 12:59:06 PM   
Vadersville

Am I the only one who thinks an older, Dark Knight Returns style Batman would be awful for the MoS sequel? I think they need someone a similar age to Cavill. It needs to be a Year 2ish Batman, still in the early days of his career. That way they can Supes and Bats can learn from each other, as they both find their feet. Also, having an older, more grizzled Batman would surely be a bad move if they're planning on having the actor play him for a fair few films including an assumed stand alone Batman movie or two and a Justice League movie.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 115
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 1:03:15 PM   
AxlReznor

To be fair, Robert Downey Jr. was 42 when he signed on to play Iron Man, and by 2015 - when he'll be 50 - he'd have played him in at least six movies (I'm still expecting him to show up in Guardians Of The Galaxy).

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 116
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 1:53:11 PM   
Artoo

Just seen this on Latino Review.

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/02/older-batman-batman-vs-superman/

So they're touting Josh Duhamel, Jim Caviezel, Gerard Butler, Jude Law, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck for the role. Well, for me Jude Law and Gerard Butler are frankly fucking ridiculous suggestions and if I were a the director and a casting director mentioned those names - I would fucking slap him/her!

Brad Pitt, Josh Duhamel and Jon Hamm would be a bit "meh" for me. I know a lot of people worship Jon Hamm for some reason but he just doesn't do it for me - certainly not for Batman!

Jim Caviezel would be a good solid choice and I would easily watch him in the role - but for me (and out of those names) it's down to Affleck and Brolin!! Brolin would have to drop a few pounds I reckon and I'm not sure how tall he is (Batman should be 6ft 2" absolute minimum IMO) but he would still be an excellent choice. Ben Affleck gets the vote from me though I'm afraid! Say what you want about him but he is tall, has the chiselled jaw and is a more than competent actor! Batman all the way!

That is of course unless Armie Hammer can be aged using prosthetics.....................

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 117
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 1:53:45 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Am I the only one who thinks an older, Dark Knight Returns style Batman would be awful for the MoS sequel? I think they need someone a similar age to Cavill. It needs to be a Year 2ish Batman, still in the early days of his career. That way they can Supes and Bats can learn from each other, as they both find their feet. Also, having an older, more grizzled Batman would surely be a bad move if they're planning on having the actor play him for a fair few films including an assumed stand alone Batman movie or two and a Justice League movie.

I think an older Batman is actually a much better and more interesting route to go down rather than go down the route of having two leads at roughly the same age. An older Batman turning up in Metropolis to find out who this alien terrorist is who has levelled half a city and snapped some other dude's neck sounds much better than two fledgling superheroes learning how to be heroic together....it can also lead on to some major conflict in Justice League with the younger more powerful Supes battling the older, wiser and more seasoned Batman to lead the team...
In addition we don't have to go down the Batman origin route again as he'd begin the movie established as a superhero
It could be good to have Batman only fighting more earthbound foes up until the point that Superman turns up...the arrival of aliens and more superpowered beings (ie Justice League) could be a great narrative device as Wayne starts to doubt his own ability to be a superhero as his own limitations are exposed.

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 118
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 1:58:45 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

So they're touting Josh Duhamel, Jim Caviezel, Gerard Butler, Jude Law, Josh Brolin, Jon Hamm, Brad Pitt and Ben Affleck for the role. Well, for me Jude Law and Gerard Butler are frankly fucking ridiculous suggestions and if I were a the director and a casting director mentioned those names - I would fucking slap him/her!

Brad Pitt, Josh Duhamel and Jon Hamm would be a bit "meh" for me. I know a lot of people worship Jon Hamm for some reason but he just doesn't do it for me - certainly not for Batman!

Jim Caviezel would be a good solid choice and I would easily watch him in the role - but for me (and out of those names) it's down to Affleck and Brolin!! Brolin would have to drop a few pounds I reckon and I'm not sure how tall he is (Batman should be 6ft 2" absolute minimum IMO) but he would still be an excellent choice. Ben Affleck gets the vote from me though I'm afraid! Say what you want about him but he is tall, has the chiselled jaw and is a more than competent actor! Batman all the way!

That is of course unless Armie Hammer can be aged using prosthetics.....................

I've mentioned this before on another thread but Thomas Jane for me would be ideal. Physically imposing, excellent jaw, looks like he could be Bruce Wayne - and he has the voice something Affleck, Pitt et al just don't have

I'm also taken with the idea that has been floated around of Joe Manganiello - again perfect physically for the role. Not sure of his acting chops mind you. Might be a little young at 36 for an older Batman but I think he looks significantly older than Cavill to make it work...

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 119
RE: World's Finest - 2/8/2013 1:58:58 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

I don't think Affleck will do it for a couple of reasons... firstly, he's already been burned by Daredevil. And second, he's pretty much not starring in anything that he isn't also directing nowadays.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: World's Finest Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI