Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Man Of Steel Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Man Of Steel Rises Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:24:24 PM   
shool

Cool Breeze. I would suggest that you block him if he bothers you that much.

It was my fault originally in what was meant as a tongue in cheek comment, but I'd like to keep this on topic and not a slanging match.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 61
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:29:05 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Interesting that they do not deem their horrendous version of Superman good enough to have his own sequel without a Major Character like Batman in on it!. What happened?.

The sooner DC kick Snyder,Goyer and Nolan to the curb the better....

You should be happy Danny. You'll get at least another 2 years of trolling out of this.

Given that I have stayed away from the MoS Favourite film thread, I haven't actually trolled anyone or anything around here, its all fair game, thank you very much
I also bought you the Superman/Batman news before anyone else! ....how ungrateful!

Actually you have NOT stayed away from the MOS favourite film thread given your comments on the latest page on that thread.You are just carrying your Nolan hating trolling nonsense on every MOS related thread.

Some advice, just accept the fact that MOS is a huge success and very popular with moviegoers and move on to something you do like.

Your lack of self-awareness or irony is truly, truly astonishing.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

Post #: 62
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:37:38 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Interesting that they do not deem their horrendous version of Superman good enough to have his own sequel without a Major Character like Batman in on it!. What happened?.

You should be happy Danny. You'll get at least another 2 years of trolling out of this.

Given that I have stayed away from the MoS Favourite film thread, I haven't actually trolled anyone or anything around here, its all fair game, thank you very much
I also bought you the Superman/Batman news before anyone else! ....how ungrateful!

Actually you have NOT stayed away from the MOS favourite film thread given your comments on the latest page on that thread.You are just carrying your Nolan hating trolling nonsense on every MOS related thread.

Some advice, just accept the fact that MOS is a huge success and very popular with moviegoers and move on to something you do like.

you just trolled! the irony! the irony

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 22/7/2013 1:43:08 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 63
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:38:13 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Cool Breeze. I would suggest that you block him if he bothers you that much.

It was my fault originally in what was meant as a tongue in cheek comment, but I'd like to keep this on topic and not a slanging match.

People keep quoting him so its almost impossible to not see what hes saying!

But fair enough, will try to ignore the dude.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 64
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:59:26 PM   
Artoo

Argh, the internet must be broken because some people don't agree with me or express their opinion in a way that I don't like! I want everyone to agree with me and post the same way I do and not have their own opinion blah blah blah! Jeez.......

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 65
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 2:04:28 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're like a forum Ninja, lurking silently in the shadows - then you see a post by someone you don't like and you pounce with the speed and precision of a Mongoose to judge them! Haha!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 66
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 2:31:34 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Argh, the internet must be broken because some people don't agree with me or express their opinion in a way that I don't like! I want everyone to agree with me and post the same way I do and not have their own opinion blah blah blah! Jeez.......

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 67
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 12:23:25 AM   
Vadersville

My predictions / hopes for the 2015 Superman / Batman movie:
1) It will be called World's Finest
2) The writers need to look to the animated Superman / Batman movie for inspiration.
3) Lex Luthor will appear has a wealthy philanthropist who is helping rebuild Metropolis after the destruction caused in Man of Steel.
4) We'll see more of how the average joe on the street reacts to Superman, with some, if not the majority, initially fearing and hating him just as Jonathan Kent predicted.
5) Supes will initially underestimate Batman.
6) Bats will make Superman wish he hadn't.
7) Bruce Wayne will have a romantic sub plot with Lois.
8) Kryptonite will be introduced.
9) There will be teasers and Easter eggs for the wider DC universe, setting up the inevitable Justice League movie. Either will a big bad hint/reveal (Darkseid or Brainiac maybe) or with the existence of other heroes like; Wonder Woman, Green Arrow (possibly unlikely due to the TV show), Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman (hope not), Green Lantern (maybe too soon after the Reynolds abortion of a movie) or even Martian Manhunter.
10) Batman will disappear mid conversation and even Superman won't know where he went.
11) A Batman villain will appear... probably not one of the ones used in Nolan's films. Possibly someone like Clayface, Poison Ivy or the Penguin. maybe just at the start, having them taken down in Gotham to introduce the new Bats and set the wheels in motion for his journey to Metropolis.
12) Whilst they're start off rubbing each other up the wrong way, Superman and Batman will eventually team up, probably after slogging it out, and defeat the bad guy(s) and save the day.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 68
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 11:05:58 AM   
TomTron

A few things I hope they include:
- Bruce has been the Batman for quite a while. Although we won't see the Batcave, Wayne manor or Alfred, this will be more about easing us into a new interpretation.
- Clark discovering and investigating the Batman; the film will be from his perspective as we are teased and eventually revealed to us the new Batman. This'll be a chance for Clark and Lois to do some investigative reporting together.
- Clark should spend time with Bruce and learn the same fighting discipline that he has, making him more a precise fighter rather than a brawler like in MoS.
- Bruce should arrive in Metropolis under the guise that he is investing in Lex Luthor's clean up operation of the city, which he will help with but also he's there to investigate Luthor's dodgy dealings, what ever they may be.
- Superman and Batman SHOULD NOT fight. They should only fight under the conditions like in DKR which is a final fight between two opposing ideals. Not for the pure reason of having them fight for the sake of it (much like Iron Man and Thor in the Avengers) We know they will end up allies, so there's not point in showing them fighting.

They should consider either Jason Clarke or Idris Elba for Lex Luthor!

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 69
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 11:26:35 AM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

My predictions / hopes for the 2015 Superman / Batman movie:
1) It will be called World's Finest
2) The writers need to look to the animated Superman / Batman movie for inspiration.
3) Lex Luthor will appear has a wealthy philanthropist who is helping rebuild Metropolis after the destruction caused in Man of Steel.
4) We'll see more of how the average joe on the street reacts to Superman, with some, if not the majority, initially fearing and hating him just as Jonathan Kent predicted.
5) Supes will initially underestimate Batman.
6) Bats will make Superman wish he hadn't.
7) Bruce Wayne will have a romantic sub plot with Lois.
8) Kryptonite will be introduced.
9) There will be teasers and Easter eggs for the wider DC universe, setting up the inevitable Justice League movie. Either will a big bad hint/reveal (Darkseid or Brainiac maybe) or with the existence of other heroes like; Wonder Woman, Green Arrow (possibly unlikely due to the TV show), Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman (hope not), Green Lantern (maybe too soon after the Reynolds abortion of a movie) or even Martian Manhunter.
10) Batman will disappear mid conversation and even Superman won't know where he went.
11) A Batman villain will appear... probably not one of the ones used in Nolan's films. Possibly someone like Clayface, Poison Ivy or the Penguin. maybe just at the start, having them taken down in Gotham to introduce the new Bats and set the wheels in motion for his journey to Metropolis.
12) Whilst they're start off rubbing each other up the wrong way, Superman and Batman will eventually team up, probably after slogging it out, and defeat the bad guy(s) and save the day.

Vadersville, can you please forward your ideas onto Synder. Because that would be a bloody great film. I reckon the Easter Eggs for the other JL characters, will be perhaps be limited to just Flash though due to his own film being released not long after this one (or is it the other way round )

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

A few things I hope they include:
- Bruce has been the Batman for quite a while. Although we won't see the Batcave, Wayne manor or Alfred, this will be more about easing us into a new interpretation.
- Clark discovering and investigating the Batman; the film will be from his perspective as we are teased and eventually revealed to us the new Batman. This'll be a chance for Clark and Lois to do some investigative reporting together.
- Clark should spend time with Bruce and learn the same fighting discipline that he has, making him more a precise fighter rather than a brawler like in MoS.
- Bruce should arrive in Metropolis under the guise that he is investing in Lex Luthor's clean up operation of the city, which he will help with but also he's there to investigate Luthor's dodgy dealings, what ever they may be.
- Superman and Batman SHOULD NOT fight. They should only fight under the conditions like in DKR which is a final fight between two opposing ideals. Not for the pure reason of having them fight for the sake of it (much like Iron Man and Thor in the Avengers) We know they will end up allies, so there's not point in showing them fighting.

They should consider either Jason Clarke or Idris Elba for Lex Luthor!

I agree with all of this, except Supes and Bats not slogging it out. Especially after the quote they used at Comic Con to introduce this new film. It will (hopefully) be how Vadersville envisaged, with a misunderstanding, little tussle and then uniting against their common enemies.

And Idris as Lex would be sodding amazing! Dannybohy recommended him to be cast in the Favourite Films thread, and now I desperately want this to happen.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

Post #: 70
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 11:49:22 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

In my opinion Idris Elba would simply not works as Lex Luther,and I'm one of Idris's biggest fans.
It's a role that simply wouldn't fit.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 71
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 12:16:02 PM   
Ref

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38237

So Supes and Bats ARE going to battle it out.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 72
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 12:43:52 PM   
pete_traynor

Was MoS a box office success?

I really canít even tell these days, as it seem like execs are disappointed if something doesnít make $1Billion!

I only wonder as naming a Superman sequel Superman Vs Batman or (the stupendously baffling for a Superman film) Batman Vs Superman smacks an awful lot of a lack of confidence in their Superman brand. Batmanís inclusion in general just seems like a desperate way to gain traction, by including something that was extremely popular all of 1 year ago!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 24/7/2013 12:45:21 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 73
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 12:53:16 PM   
Ref

Far from it, it's the most successful superhero reboot ever.

Clicky!

EDIT: Apologies, that link only talks about 'domestic' numbers. Ignore me, it's the humidity

< Message edited by Ref -- 24/7/2013 12:57:56 PM >

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 74
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 2:16:16 PM   
Ref

Tyle Hoechlin a possible for Batman?

Link

Can I say how depressing that would be to have Batman younger than I am

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 75
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 2:40:46 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

Link

Holly Sh!t!!! Is that the kid from Road to Perdition.

Not seen him since RtP, so weird to see him all grown up. Still, he was good in that at least.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 24/7/2013 2:42:06 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 76
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 3:25:42 PM   
Drew_231

I'd rather have a Batman whose been established in the world for some time (making him in his mid 30's at least) then someone in their early twenties

Bale was about 32 when he first played the role wasn't he?

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 77
RE: World's Finest - 24/7/2013 11:52:32 PM   
Vadersville

I've heard a few rumours about Batman casting. Some intriguing, some worrying. Personally, I think they'll go for someone around the same age as Cavill, early 30s. I just hope that they don't try and squeeze in another origin story and instead bring in a Batman who's been operating for a bit already.

As much as I love the fact The Dark Knight Rises gave us a happy ending that the comics never can for Bruce (and Selina), it is a shame now that the trilogy didn't end as I originally predicted with a Year 3 narrative. If it had, then Nolan's trilogy could have been seen as Batman's early career before the DC universe expanded and he was introduced to the science fiction and supernatural forces out there. Similar to how his Modern Era continuity was. It also would have meant they could have followed the DCAU structure. i.e. Batman TAS is much more grounded and "realistic" than Justice League series or any of the crossovers with Superman TAS, but the Batman from BTAS is still the same one in JL. You couldn't have had Batman fighting aliens and magic in the original animated series but by the time the DCAU had gotten to JL it was a natural progression. This would have meant we cold have kept Bale on board as Bats and the rest of his supporting cast, instead of having to have a whole new Batman three years after the last film and in a continuity started the very year after the last film.

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 78
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 10:30:06 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Link

This is actually an inspired choice!. Although the Teen-wolf series is complete shit, he is excellent in it, definitely great Batman potential
If its really Superman Vs Batman, I hope they nail this new Batman and I get to see him kick the shit out that unlikable ,murdering kryptonian vandal!

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 79
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 3:01:40 PM   
justfontaine

I really like the idea of Hoechlin playing Bruce. I think he looks closer to the role than anyone touted about thus far. Obviously, it could be (and possibly will) be an unknown but everyone linked so far i.e. Ryan Gosling, Armie Hammer, Matt Bomer etc,, none of them seem to fit. Especially Bomer, he looks far far too much like Henry Cavill.

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 80
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 3:13:07 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

Link

This is actually an inspired choice!. Although the Teen-wolf series is complete shit, he is excellent in it, definitely great Batman potential
If its really Superman Vs Batman, I hope they nail this new Batman and I get to see him kick the shit out that unlikable ,murdering kryptonian vandal!

I just have this vision of Superman with a can of spraypaint writing "Kal-El woz 'ere" in massive letter on the side of a sattelite or something!!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 81
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 3:36:34 PM   
justfontaine

I've just been reading a 'Who could play who' feature about this film and there was a pitch for Mads Mikkelsen for Lex Luthor. Oh a hundred times yes.

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 82
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 4:01:36 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: justfontaine

I've just been reading a 'Who could play who' feature about this film and there was a pitch for Mads Mikkelsen for Lex Luthor. Oh a hundred times yes.

As obvious as most of the casting but a good call none the less!

(in reply to justfontaine)
Post #: 83
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 4:15:28 PM   
Ref

How about Sharlto Copley for Lex? I must admit that I've only seen him in District 9 and The A-Team (which was ridiculously good fun and I was a fan of the original series): differing characteristics shown and he's certainly very charismatic in the interviews I've watched.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 84
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 4:17:47 PM   
Artoo

Madds Mikkelsen is indeed a good shout but I think Michael C Hall would do the best Lex Luthor.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 85
RE: World's Finest - 25/7/2013 8:22:51 PM   
Vadersville

I think Wes Bentley has been the best suggestion for new Bruce Wayne I've heard.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 86
RE: World's Finest - 26/7/2013 9:02:36 AM   
Vadersville

Interesting that i say that yesterday and then wake up to this news in the morning. Clicky

Post #: 87
best choice - 26/7/2013 9:10:13 AM   
Dannybohy

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 26/7/2013 10:18:02 AM >

Post #: 88
RE: World's Finest - 26/7/2013 9:59:17 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

I am a fan of Wes, but I do not think he right for this Batman . He would however make a great bad guy! (Lex)

Joe Manganiello would be excellent, that's who I would pick hands down! apparently he was second place in the race for Man of Steel and has been quoted many times as being keen to play Supes or Batman. He is a decent actor, Physically huge and stands at 6` 5" !! . He would be great as Bruce and kill it as Batman.

In a nice Alex Ross inspired Batman outfit,I think Joe would look as close to my idea Batman as you can get.

Tyler Hoechlin would be a close second but personally I think any actor filling either of the worlds finest need to stand at-least 6` 5" tall!

Personally I think Joe Manganiello would be terrible as Batman.

An Alex Ross style costume would end up looking just like Adam West's 60s costume in real life. To be honest, I'm really not a fan of it in the comics so to have that be the basis for the screen costume would be horrendous. Plus, it would look terrible alongside Cavill's Superman costume. Kind of like turning up to a Black Tie event in a big liner with some tip-ex down the front.

Why is height so important for you? Surely acting ability, screen presence, etc are much more important? Keaton was only around 5' 9'' and I think Bale was only a few inches taller. I personally think Wes has both the look and acting capability to be a great Bruce Wayne. The fact that he will be working with Nolan, who has a habit of recycling past actors, now on Interstellar, is very promising. Although the final say would most likely come down to Synder, I think he'd definitely take on board Nolan's recommendation.

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 26/7/2013 10:00:03 AM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 89
RE: World's Finest - 26/7/2013 10:12:04 AM   
Dannybohy

I am a fan of Wes, but I do not think he right for this Batman . He would however make a great bad guy! (Lex)

Joe Manganiello would be excellent, that's who I would pick hands down! apparently he was second place in the race for Man of Steel and has been quoted many times as being keen to play Supes or Batman. He is a decent actor, intelligent and can do charming,angry and dark very well (see True Blood), Physically huge and stands at 6` 5" !! he has it all for this type of role. He would be great as Bruce and kill it as Batman.

In a nice Alex Ross inspired Batman outfit,I think Joe would look as close to my idea Batman as you can get. The armored and limited movement batman looks fucking awful

Tyler Hoechlin would be a close second but personally I think any decent actor filling either of the worlds finest need to stand at-least 6` 5" tall!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 26/7/2013 10:14:05 AM >

Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Man Of Steel Rises Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI