Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Man Of Steel Rises

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Man Of Steel Rises Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 9/7/2013 3:48:07 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

Despite the significant flaws, I am looking forward to the sequel.

I'm pretty sure they'll be desperately trying to work out exactly what put so many people off about MOS, and fixing it for the sequel.

I think having Luthor and some kryptonite or Krytonian technology as the main foe would be pretty predictable and uninteresting. Hopefully they come up with something else, and just introduce Luthor as a secondary character.

Perhaps they will have the little shit go back to the fortress for a telling off and some more training with daddy data-stick?

Anyone predict any changes to the costume?.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 9/7/2013 3:50:19 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 31
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 11/7/2013 2:21:56 PM   
Jasper123

Got to imagine it can only be Luther, wonder if Miss Tessmarker & Otis will be his sidekicks, doubt it, also theink they will get A-List to play him, I think Bruce Willis may fit the bill.

Some kind of robot spammer for lifedaily links

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 32
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 11/7/2013 3:09:28 PM   
Dannybohy

Personally I think they should have it that Lionel Luthor was killed in the carnage of the Superman's Metro battle! a great incentive for Lex to despise Superman and Kryptonions in general?.

or have Lionel Luthor as the main bad guy and bring Lex in at a later time with a scenario similiar to that above?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 11/7/2013 3:10:51 PM >

(in reply to Jasper123)
Post #: 33
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 11/7/2013 3:12:40 PM   
shool

Are you going to watch the sequel Danny?

given your hatred for this movie and everything Nolan too. Its going to be given that you're going to hate it.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 34
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 11/7/2013 3:45:01 PM   
Deviation

The Man of Steel Rises is something I'd call my boner LOL

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 35
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 11/7/2013 4:21:20 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Or whatever the inevitable sequel is called ... Anyone else looking forward to it?

Having now seen Man of Steel, I dread the sequel with every fibre of my being

I have to say, your turnaround on witnessing the finished film is pretty amazing Pete!

Amazing and bitterly disappointing!

I am glad that others enjoyed it but alas, it was not for me at all. Trailers made it look like a really thoughtful and emotional take on the character but it just didn’t hit those notes for me at all.

Still, hats off to the marketing team on this one! They nailed it.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 36
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/7/2013 4:29:34 PM   
Invader_Ace

Clearly it should be Nic Cage for Luthor.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 37
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/7/2013 11:54:32 PM   
MonsterCat

Dave Benson Phillips for Lex Luthor, obvs.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 38
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/7/2013 6:53:13 PM   
Dannybohy

Comic con news. The next Superman movie will be a BAtman/Superman team up!! hot off the press. Prob with Bale back so a double ball suck, but for those who love these movies , great news?!..enjoy

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=83734#RhgswCsv5MrRQOCr.99

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 20/7/2013 6:55:32 PM >

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 39
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 1:26:48 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Comic con news. The next Superman movie will be a BAtman/Superman team up!! hot off the press. Prob with Bale back

Nope - Bale already confirmed weeks ago that he'd given up the mantle of the Bat.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 40
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 3:49:10 PM   
pete_traynor

Isn't it more a Vs type deal? The quote they used to announce it is from when Batman defeats Supes in DKR.

Either way... On what we've had of late from these characters, my expectations are exceptionally low for this.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 41
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 4:23:22 PM   
UTB

I think they need to crack on with it, get it done, we all realise what a bad idea it is and move on to the next single movies.

Post #: 42
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 4:37:48 PM   
TomTron

quote:

Isn't it more a Vs type deal? The quote they used to announce it is from when Batman defeats Supes in DKR.

Either way... On what we've had of late from these characters, my expectations are exceptionally low for this.

At the announcement Snyder said that it will be a sequel to MoS with an added element and that he had searched the DC universe for something to use to announce that added element; that being the quote from DKR. Would definitely prefer a Superman film featuring Batman anyway. A full on Batman film is too soon after TDKR and this way they can ease us into a new version of the character. Perhaps Bruce Wayne will be liaising with Lex Luthor to use his money to help rebuild Metropolis. Everyone should watch the "Worlds Finest" episode of The Superman Animated Series, the film should follow that as an example.

Post #: 43
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 4:45:36 PM   
fuzzy

Sheesh, tough crowd here. Personally, I think it's great they're starting to do things the Marvel way and finally tackle a shared DC universe. DC, owned by Warner bros, haven't had to endure the legal wranglings of ownership like Marvel, so should have really done this ages ago instead of milking the cash cows of batman and superman individually. Whether they should've gone down the route of putting the big two together so early is going to divide opinion, but it's the studios way of ensuring a safe bet for the first step in the shared universe. I've heard flash is up next followed by a JL film in a few years. If they continued on the route of every character gets their own movie first we'd be waiting 15 years for a bloody JL movie. People know Batman, the origin has been done to death, I'm glad they're just getting on with it and including him in this universe.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 44
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 5:16:34 PM   
Dannybohy

Interesting that they do not deem their horrendous version of Superman good enough to have his own sequel without a Major Character like Batman in on it!. What happened?.

The sooner DC kick Snyder,Goyer and Nolan to the curb the better....

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 45
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 5:35:44 PM   
Vadersville

Actually pretty excited and hopeful about the Batman/Superman movie. Kinda surprised they're not doing a new Batman stand alone reboot first but glad they're having Supes and Bat team up before the Justice League movie. If they're struggling for ideas on how to make it work they could do worse than look at this for inspiration... Clicky

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 46
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 6:28:05 PM   
Ref

quote:

Interesting that they do not deem their horrendous version of Superman good enough to have his own sequel without a Major Character like Batman in on it!. What happened?.

Danny, Danny, Danny - the Easter Eggs were well and truly scattered throughout MoS regarding Bats. And like many have stated, it's a Supes sequel that will feature Bats. And lets look at the Marvel's Avengers (minus Iron Man). The rest of the Avenger characters only had one stand alone film before they assembled, and then they went onto their 'stand alone' sequels. DC are not really doing anything out of the ordinary with MoS2.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 47
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 6:29:24 PM   
Ref

Oh and I'm pretty freaking ecstatic about this film, if you couldn't tell

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 48
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/7/2013 7:00:26 PM   
Ghidorah

Bruce Wayne was always going to be in the MOS sequel, like it or not. How else would they include a man without special powers to become a member of the Justice League. There was always going to be a back story of Superman and Batman working together before the events that lead to the formation of the JL.
My concerns are this film could be split half Batman and half Superman. In my opinion this should still remain a Superman film and the only Batman characters in this film should be Batman himself. I want this film to focus on the existing Superman characters, new ones and Clark/Superman relationship with Lex Luthor. The only time when we see Bruce Wayne/Batman is when either Lex or Superman see him. We see this new Batman character through their own eyes and and not through Batmans.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 49
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 10:42:26 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

quote:

Danny, Danny, Danny - the Easter Eggs were well and truly scattered throughout MoS regarding Bats. And like many have stated, it's a Supes sequel that will feature Bats. And lets look at the Marvel's Avengers (minus Iron Man). The rest of the Avenger characters only had one stand alone film before they assembled, and then they went onto their 'stand alone' sequels. DC are not really doing anything out of the ordinary with MoS2.

They made a pretty bold statement with the joint logo if its just 'Featuring' Batman.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 50
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 10:49:51 AM   
Artoo

This is frickin great news!! There isn't a better man for the job than Snyder in my opinion. Sure, M.O.S had flaws, one fairly big one in my opinion, but it was still an amazing summer blockbuster about a character that I love and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the people that were upset by M.O.S won't be pleased unless Richard Donner directs the corpse of Chrisopher Reeve in a movie where every line of dialogue sounds like a John Williams fanfare!!

So, Man of Steel 2 then? Batman n'that? Fuckin brilliant! I take it from the line of dialogue that preceed the logo at comic con (from The Dark Knight returns I believe??) points towards this being Supes Vs Bats as opposed to Supes & Bats Vs as yet unnamed villains. It probably will start as Supes Vs Bats and then they'll work their shit out and then it'll be Supes & Bats Vs Villains!

Question(s) are, who will the villains be and will they be Supermans, Batmans or both?

And the burning question - who will play Batman? Bale's out but perhaps JGL? I'd personally like to see Armie Hammer given a chance seeing as it was him that was cast in the Justice League movie that got binned in the development stages a few years back. He's only 26 but I reckon could easily pass for 30(ish) which is a good age to do a young Batman. He's 6ft 4 and quite physically imposing and a good looking lad too - and most importantly, the boy can act!

Roll on 2015 I say. And to all the haters - go hate M.O.S on the M.O.S thread. Leave us fans alone to bask in the glory that is a Snyder & Nolan DC universe and just deal with it!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 51
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 10:52:21 AM   
shool

quote:

You should be happy Danny. You'll get at least another 2 years of trolling out of this.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 52
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 11:07:32 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

You should be happy Danny. You'll get at least another 2 years of trolling out of this.

Given that I have stayed away from the MoS Favourite film thread, I haven't actually trolled anyone or anything around here, its all fair game, thank you very much
I also bought you the Superman/Batman news before anyone else! ....how ungrateful!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 22/7/2013 11:08:31 AM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 53
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 11:11:11 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

This is frickin great news!! There isn't a better man for the job than Snyder in my opinion. Sure, M.O.S had flaws, one fairly big one in my opinion, but it was still an amazing summer blockbuster about a character that I love and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think the people that were upset by M.O.S won't be pleased unless Richard Donner directs the corpse of Chrisopher Reeve in a movie where every line of dialogue sounds like a John Williams fanfare!!

So, Man of Steel 2 then? Batman n'that? Fuckin brilliant! I take it from the line of dialogue that preceed the logo at comic con (from The Dark Knight returns I believe??) points towards this being Supes Vs Bats as opposed to Supes & Bats Vs as yet unnamed villains. It probably will start as Supes Vs Bats and then they'll work their shit out and then it'll be Supes & Bats Vs Villains!

Question(s) are, who will the villains be and will they be Supermans, Batmans or both?

And the burning question - who will play Batman? Bale's out but perhaps JGL? I'd personally like to see Armie Hammer given a chance seeing as it was him that was cast in the Justice League movie that got binned in the development stages a few years back. He's only 26 but I reckon could easily pass for 30(ish) which is a good age to do a young Batman. He's 6ft 4 and quite physically imposing and a good looking lad too - and most importantly, the boy can act!

Roll on 2015 I say. And to all the haters - go hate M.O.S on the M.O.S thread. Leave us fans alone to bask in the glory that is a Snyder & Nolan DC universe and just deal with it!

Isn't this proposed movie based on The Dark Knight Returns? wouldn't that mean an aged Batman?....I might be wrong and getting confused but...

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 54
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 11:38:57 AM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Isn't this proposed movie based on The Dark Knight Returns? wouldn't that mean an aged Batman?....I might be wrong and getting confused but...

I'm not sure to be honest. The line of dialogue that was read out " I want you to remember my hands around your throat,....I'm the one who beat you" etc is from The Dark Knight Returns but there has been nothing official that states the movie will be. Remember - it's a Superman sequel, not a Batman sequel and will likely act as the springboard to a Batman standalone movie. I'm not saying it wont be based on TDK Returns - but I highly doubt it!

< Message edited by Artoo -- 22/7/2013 11:39:46 AM >

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 55
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 12:22:53 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Never happen. The dollar spending masses demand a buff young ting (as I believe they say) in the bat suit, to get their bums on seats. Regrettably, there just isn’t enough call for a cranky, wrinkled Batman… more’s the pity as that approach could be very interesting indeed! In the right hands of course… and Zack Snyder’s hands are clearly just 10 digest of pure wrong.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 56
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 12:33:55 PM   
Ref

quote:

quote:

Never happen. The dollar spending masses demand a buff young ting (as I believe they say) in the bat suit, to get their bums on seats. Regrettably, there just isn’t enough call for a cranky, wrinkled Batman… more’s the pity as that approach could be very interesting indeed! In the right hands of course… and Zack Snyder’s hands are clearly just 10 digest of pure wrong.

Our Henry more than fits the bill for the young and buff actor , so maybe we could get an 'older' Bats. However saying that, all this is gearing up for a JL movie, so they are most likely going to go for a younger actor. Shame that, but I'm still hyped about this film.

Post #: 57
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 12:45:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Given that I have stayed away from the MoS Favourite film thread, I haven't actually trolled anyone or anything around here, its all fair game, thank you very much
I also bought you the Superman/Batman news before anyone else! ....how ungrateful!

Actually you have NOT stayed away from the MOS favourite film thread given your comments on the latest page on that thread.You are just carrying your Nolan hating trolling nonsense on every MOS related thread.

Some advice, just accept the fact that MOS is a huge success and very popular with moviegoers and move on to something you do like.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 22/7/2013 12:46:44 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 58
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:16:25 PM   
Ref

quote:

quote:

quote:

They made a pretty bold statement with the joint logo if its just 'Featuring' Batman.

Not really, as it's a Superman sequel. Ergo, Supes will be the main character of the film with Batman featuring.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 59
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/7/2013 1:22:44 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not really, as it's a Superman sequel. Ergo, Supes will be the main character of the film with Batman featuring.

Also the fact that Lois, Perry, and Ma Kent are all back suggest it really is a Supes film.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: The Man Of Steel Rises Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI