Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ben Affleck is Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/12/2013 2:23:42 PM   
spark1

WW so far-

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/photos/wonder-woman-through-the-ages-1386250059-slideshow/#crsl=%252Fphotos%252Fwonder-woman-through-the-ages-1386250059-slideshow%252Fwonder-woman-through-the-ages-photo-1386249544557.html

if she has a costume it needs a bit of work.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 6/12/2013 2:24:22 PM >

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 361
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/12/2013 2:42:09 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

So what does everyone feel about the inclusion of WW to the film now? As long as they keep it to a minimum, just an introduction that makes sense with the plot of the film, but leave the focus on Supes and Batman - I can tolerate it. The introduction of a now established Dark Knight and his reaction to Superman's arrival, with a big bad (probably Lex) is more than enough for one film.

Pretty much agree. Keep it a sub-plot.

There was talk a while back that WW might be a Kryptonian. Re-watching MoS, I noticed that in the old Kryptonian ship, there was one dead body in the "hypersleep" pod type thing, and there was one other pod left open as though someone had survived and left the ship. Could be a set-up for another Kryptonian running around somewhere, assuming they can live for a bloody long time.

My guess as to what they`ll do with WW is they might play up the militant feminism angle. She is supposed to come from a society which is fairly anti-male. They might make her a bit of a man-hater initially.

Another prediction; if Batman and Superman have some sort of fight, Bruce Wayne might be the first to get his hands on some Kryptonite. Other wise it'll be a short fight.

I think they'll end up using this as part of Wonder Woman's backstory myself rather than going down the whole Amazons who fought a war with Ares and his army of men in the WW mythology. I reckon they'll make it so the Kryptonian that was in the ship in M.O.S who escaped from the pod (a woman) went on to leave Antarctica for a warmer climate - like a nice sun-soaked Island in middle of the Bermuda triangle which she would go on to call Themyscira. Somehow she works out a way to reproduce without the need of a man using some Kryptonian tech that she salvages from the ship - like the codex in M.O.S, but it is damaged and she can only create women. She creates a race of superpowered women that live a mega long time (not tens of thousands of years but maybe a thousand years at least) who go on to call themselves the Amazons for whatever reason and who end up worshipping the Greek gods and Athena in particular because they see her as the ultimate woman.
The piece of tech she salvages from the ship somehow also hides Themyscira from the rest of the world - until thousands of years later when they have to send Princess Diana out into the world of men!!

They could use the "it's because of the tech salvaged from the crashed ship" excuse for the bullet proof bracelets, the lasso of truth, the weaponised tiara and even the invisible plane (if they decide to go there).

I realise the irony of what I'm about to say but - that all sounds more credible than the actual Wonder Woman back story we've become accustomed to. I'd bet my hat this is the way they end up going!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 362
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/12/2013 8:15:36 PM   
Vadersville

That sounds bloody awful. Can you imagine if they did a complete overhaul of Batman or Superman's origins like that? If they're going to do Wonder Woman they at least need to make sure she resembles something closer to the actual character from the comics!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 363
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 7/12/2013 2:41:57 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

That sounds bloody awful. Can you imagine if they did a complete overhaul of Batman or Superman's origins like that? If they're going to do Wonder Woman they at least need to make sure she resembles something closer to the actual character from the comics!

Tell that to Shane Black

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 364
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 7/12/2013 8:49:49 PM   
Ghidorah

According to BOF(Batman on Film), there are going to be two villians in this and both are from Superman rogue Gallery. So no Joker, Clayface or the Penguin..........

Lex Luthor is going to be the primary villian, with his wealth and resources it's most likely who is behind the possible creation of the secondary villian. The obivious choice would be Metello and he would be a great villian for both Superman and Batman team up to fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrX5FWsHHlw

The problems are follow

* How did kryptonite get to Earth without the Phantom drives?
* How did Lex Luthor create an advance cyborg unit capable enough to take on Superman? Like in the clip it need to be very tough and very resistance to any damage. However both Superman and Batman not looking to kill Metello but trying to defeat him.
* Wonderwoman can defeat Metello by herself unless she Kryptonian in origins. Would be an interesting fight before the climax. But both Superman, Batman and Wonderwoman against Metallo is too much of advantage to the heroes.

However it's a great way to introduce Cyborg

I think the Fortress of Solitude is going to play a huge role in the next film. Not only this would help explain Wonderwoman origins but the ship contains many Kryptonian fetuses. I don't think the villian going to be Bizarro because we already had Zod but he could get a cameo in the Lex Labs. Most likely one of the fetuses get genetically modified and becomes Doomsday.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 365
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 8/12/2013 11:53:27 AM   
spark1

cavill as supes in 2004-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30002/photo-henry-cavill-as-superman-in-2004

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 366
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/12/2013 8:46:01 AM   
fuzzy

quote:

I agree. Changing WW's origins would be a bad move, and get the film a lot of bad press - especially from the fanboys/girls. It's also fairly unnecessary. They don't have to stick to the origins to the letter, but a Kryptonian? - a step too far I think. I thought that missing pod on the ship belonged to Supergirl anyway? It's in the prequel comic which I think Snyder was involved with. Makes far more sense, as SG is a character they'd surely bring in at some point.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 367
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/12/2013 12:10:50 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

quote:

I agree. Changing WW's origins would be a bad move, and get the film a lot of bad press - especially from the fanboys/girls. It's also fairly unnecessary. They don't have to stick to the origins to the letter, but a Kryptonian? - a step too far I think. I thought that missing pod on the ship belonged to Supergirl anyway? It's in the prequel comic which I think Snyder was involved with. Makes far more sense, as SG is a character they'd surely bring in at some point.

I pretty much agree too. I don't even know if there's any truth to the Wonder Woman as Kryptonian thing, I just read it somewhere, but they might be concerned with bringing supernatural mythological elements in on top of the science fantasy. It might not sit well with the relatively realist feel. I think it could work if they keep sort of grounded enough, and not too fantastical.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 368
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/12/2013 2:17:19 PM   
spark1

amy adams does not want a cat fight between lois and diana-

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180671-exclusive-amy-adams-on-wonder-womans-presence-in-batman-vs-superman

would make a change for comic book movies.

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 369
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/12/2013 3:31:47 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sotto Voce

quote:

quote:

I pretty much agree too. I don't even know if there's any truth to the Wonder Woman as Kryptonian thing, I just read it somewhere, but they might be concerned with bringing supernatural mythological elements in on top of the science fantasy. It might not sit well with the relatively realist feel. I think it could work if they keep sort of grounded enough, and not too fantastical.

Well at least I know I've got no future as a screenwriter of comic book movies then! Thanks a bunch!!

I'm just thinking that DC have gotta be on a mission to catch up with Marvel and that giving Diana an origins that is linked to Superman's would save time and give them more time to focus on fucking things up, like in the first one!

It's just the origins of Wonder Woman are far fetched even for a comic book and I'm not sure how they can even begin to make it credible. Any thoughts?

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 370
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/12/2013 4:06:14 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

It's just the origins of Wonder Woman are far fetched even for a comic book and I'm not sure how they can even begin to make it credible. Any thoughts?

It's only far fetched due to the more grounded approach that DC are taking. The New 52 version of the origin is no more far fetched than Thor.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 9/12/2013 4:09:56 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 371
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/12/2013 7:01:02 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

It's only far fetched due to the more grounded approach that DC are taking. The New 52 version of the origin is no more far fetched than Thor.

I agree. If Thor could work in the Marvel movie universe with only minor alterations (they're aliens instead of real Gods, etc.) being made, then I don't see any reason why Wonder Woman wouldn't work in DC's movies... considering the Amazonians are worshippers of an ancient pantheon rather than a pantheon themselves.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 372
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 10/12/2013 9:57:51 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

I agree. If Thor could work in the Marvel movie universe with only minor alterations (they're aliens instead of real Gods, etc.) being made, then I don't see any reason why Wonder Woman wouldn't work in DC's movies... considering the Amazonians are worshippers of an ancient pantheon rather than a pantheon themselves.

Yeah I guess it could work. Thing is, Thor is my favourite Marvel movie to date (other than The Avengers) mainly because it is a property that I was certain was going to bomb due to the outlandish subject matter. Kenneth Brannagh did a marvelous job with it by not making excuses and trying to explain every little thing (that came later) and just throwing us straight in the deep end. If Wonder Woman takes a similar approach then anything is possible I guess, but I think they'll have to do something pretty clever with the origins what with Zeus, Ares and the Greek Gods having a massive part to play in it. Are they gonna make out that THEY are aliens too? If so, how long do we think it'll take Marvel to sue?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 373
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 10/12/2013 10:59:29 AM   
Sotto Voce

I don't think the gods in Thor are meant to be aliens, are they? They're just more human-like gods.

Actually that could sort of work with Wonder Woman. the Greek gods were actually Kryptonians, and WW is part Kryptonian so she has some of the same powers as Superman.
Personally I think they should just go with the Greek mythology. Just keep it low key and don't go too far into it. They can explore that more in a Wonder Woman movie if its ever made.
That could tie in with Aquaman as well, since Atlantis is from Greek myth too.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 374
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 10/12/2013 11:15:30 AM   
Harry Tuttle

I think the Asgardians in Thor are Aliens that were worshipped as gods by the ancient Norse people. This much is confirmed in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but that's pretty much always been my reading of Thor anyway to be honest.

I seriously hope they don't go down the Wonder Woman is a Kryptonian path because frankly that would be bollocks. In the New 52 Wonder Woman is the daughter of Zeus and Queen Hippolyta of Amazon and I think the series has been pretty much the most consistently brilliant series DC have been publishing since the relaunch. The story possibilities are endless and it would be a real shame to throw this away and fudge the origin of the character in the process.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 10/12/2013 12:10:51 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 375
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 10/12/2013 12:01:27 PM   
shool

If they really want to copy Marvel each character should have their own origins movie. Ala Thor, Captain America etc

Although i guess black widow and Hawkeye were introduced without one.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

Post #: 376
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 10/12/2013 3:16:14 PM   
spark1

they should stick to the george perez WW as they have looked to john byrne's 'man of steel' for MOS.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 377
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 10/12/2013 3:25:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

they should stick to the george perez WW as they have looked to john byrne's 'man of steel' for MOS.

The Superman from MoS is far more inspired by the new version of him since DC's New 52 relaunch than anything John Byrne did.

Personally I'd prefer to see Wonder Woman look like what Cliff Chiang is currently drawing than what Perez used to do. No offense intended towards Perez but his Wonder Woman looks incredibly dated these days IMO.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 378
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 10/12/2013 9:22:03 PM   
Bluedream

Was a really great movie, but I gotta say that I missed Lex.Doesn't seem like it's really superman without him :)

------------------------------------------
HD is the way to go - trailers on www.flixresh.com

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 379
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 11/12/2013 10:32:56 AM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

The Superman from MoS is far more inspired by the new version of him since DC's New 52 relaunch than anything John Byrne did.

Personally I'd prefer to see Wonder Woman look like what Cliff Chiang is currently drawing than what Perez used to do. No offense intended towards Perez but his Wonder Woman looks incredibly dated these days IMO.

byrne and new 52 were namechecked in a doc on the dvd/blu about the making of MOS.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 11/12/2013 10:34:49 AM >

Post #: 380
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 11/12/2013 10:45:22 AM   
Harry Tuttle

If you're talking about the character then fair enough, I was referring to the look which is definitely based on the current iteration. I wasn't sure which element of Byrne's contribution you were referring to as he drew Superman as well as doing the writing back in the 80's.

Acting...Naturaaal

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 381
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 11/12/2013 2:23:12 PM   
spark1

quote:

If you're talking about the character then fair enough, I was referring to the look which is definitely based on the current iteration. I wasn't sure which element of Byrne's contribution you were referring to as he drew Superman as well as doing the writing back in the 80's.

well if luthor appears in BvS as a billionaire then that is one of byrne's ideas but the idea of kal el being a natural birth on krypton is his as well.

Post #: 382
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 20/12/2013 1:17:06 PM   
spark1

luthor needs to be the same age as wayne. both wealthy surrogate fathers for kal and both leading a double life.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 23/12/2013 10:27:17 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 383
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 23/12/2013 2:26:16 PM   
spark1

BvS producer talks affleck, WW and more-

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2013/12/emu_grad_and_man_of_steel_prod.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 384
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/12/2013 12:27:34 PM   
spark1

1st word from the new diana prince-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30226/gal-gadot-talks-her-wonder-woman-prep

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 385
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/12/2013 10:28:45 AM   
spark1

now john stewart-no the other one-may crash the party too-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/54624/54624/

now it may getting too much, a JLA off the back of a solo supes movie.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 30/12/2013 1:39:33 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 386
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/12/2013 11:37:40 PM   
Ghidorah

At the moment everything sketchy but we know the following

- The two villians are from Superman's rogue gallery and one could be Lex Luthor.
- The second villian could be Doomsday.
- Wonderwoman plays an important part of the movie.
- Dick Greyson plays a small part.
- Flash makes a cameo.
- Bruce Wayne has two Batman suits, one being hi tec exoskeleton suit?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 387
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 31/12/2013 3:18:05 AM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

At the moment everything sketchy but we know the following

- The two villians are from Superman's rogue gallery and one could be Lex Luthor.
- The second villian could be Doomsday.
- Wonderwoman plays an important part of the movie.
- Dick Greyson plays a small part.
- Flash makes a cameo.
- Bruce Wayne has two Batman suits, one being hi tec exoskeleton suit?

We know none of this.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 388
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 31/12/2013 9:02:22 AM   
Ghidorah

Some of the rumours been confirmed by Jett from Batman on Film. He has connections with at least one insider and had proven he's a reliable guy for information but he doesn't go out his way to publish the leaked information.

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 389
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/1/2014 12:25:12 PM   
spark1

how much supes will we get?-

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BOF-Mailbag_1-1-14.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI