Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ben Affleck is Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 7/11/2013 7:52:59 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

What's all this then?...

http://instagram.com/p/gY9JNXjpm_/

Dick Greyson.

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 331
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 11/11/2013 11:26:23 PM   
Jonty

Don't know if this is well known but the new Bat suit has been designed, created and Affleck has been photographed in it. Kevin Smith revealed the info on his Hollywood Babble-on podcast (which later in the episode featured a clip from an empire podcast, which was weird) when he was talking about being the moderator for the recent Man of Steel feature that Yahoo put on their website this week.

This (which i just ripped from Starburst magazine's website) is what he said:

“I saw the Batman costume. More than that, I saw a picture of him (Affleck) in the costume. Now, I don’t want to give anything away, ‘cos that is up to them and stuff, but I am going to say this: I instantly bear-hugged him (Snyder). You have not seen this costume in a movie on film before, and, for a comic book fan, it was mind-bending. I was like, ‘Get out of here! Only you have enough power to pull this off.’ Because everyone always, like, does this MATRIX, X-MEN black armour… It was fantastic! I’m already a flag waver for this movie, but the costume… it blew my mind. I think everyone is just gonna be like, ‘Holy shit!’ It’s its own thing, man. It’s like we haven’t been down this path at all. I was so elated. Even the hardest core ‘fuck all this’ person will be, like, ‘Alright, I’m ready.’”

He did go one to say what he thought the influence for this costume was but it was bleeped out.

So, finally to see the blue and grey onscreen then??

http://notesfromasmalltaibach.blogspot.com

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 332
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 12/11/2013 3:15:04 PM   
The Hooded Man

Is Superman in this film? You wouldn't think so given the amount of coverage given to Batman.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Jonty)
Post #: 333
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 14/11/2013 10:39:07 AM   
spark1

BvS thanks to 'the daily show'-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29687/arrow-x-men-man-of-steel-batman-updates

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 334
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 14/11/2013 11:30:25 AM   
Mr Saxon

Ha. That's pretty awesome.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 335
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 16/11/2013 1:11:15 PM   
spark1

batkid is the talk of gotham-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24964100

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 336
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 18/11/2013 10:29:40 AM   
spark1

its not 'dark knight returns', its 'kingdom come'-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/52910/man-of-steel-2-based-on-kingdom-come-says-producer/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 337
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 19/11/2013 10:26:49 AM   
spark1

bale talks affleck, batkid and that growly voice-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29754/christian-bale-talks-ben-affleck-s-batman

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 338
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 19/11/2013 4:09:29 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/52910/man-of-steel-2-based-on-kingdom-come-says-producer/

Does this indicate more than Just Bat & Supes then.... the WW rumour been doing the rounds for a while, but that storyline has much much more than just those 3 involved!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 339
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 19/11/2013 5:12:50 PM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: primebhoy

quote:

Does this indicate more than Just Bat & Supes then.... the WW rumour been doing the rounds for a while, but that storyline has much much more than just those 3 involved!

Will take a Kingdom Come Batman over a Dark Knight Returns one any day. Much more interesting to have Supes persuade and inspire an embittered Batman to return to heroics than to have a boring boxing match between the two. Never liked Dark Knight Returns anyway. People have only been referring to it as "Batman Vs Superman" because of of the big reveal had that one quote read out even though Snyder said that the film will not be based on that story at all.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 340
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 20/11/2013 10:31:39 AM   
spark1

terry o'quinn as luthor?

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 341
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 21/11/2013 3:58:40 PM   
TomTron

Found this little morsel, take that Spark1!:

" Warner Bros. went ahead and quietly registered several possible titles for the Man of Steel sequel this week, through the internet brand protection company MarkMonitor. The list includes:

Man of Steel: Battle the Knight
Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness
Man of Steel: Black of Knight
Man of Steel: Darkness Falls
Man of Steel: Knight Falls
Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night
Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour
Man of Steel: The Darkness Within"

< Message edited by TomTron -- 21/11/2013 3:59:21 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 342
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 22/11/2013 2:53:01 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

Found this little morsel, take that Spark1!:

" Warner Bros. went ahead and quietly registered several possible titles for the Man of Steel sequel this week, through the internet brand protection company MarkMonitor. The list includes:

Man of Steel: Battle the Knight
Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness
Man of Steel: Black of Knight
Man of Steel: Darkness Falls
Man of Steel: Knight Falls
Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night
Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour
Man of Steel: The Darkness Within"

BvS or 'world's finest' would be best.

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 343
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 23/11/2013 12:09:09 PM   
jobloffski

Hero Complex

If they are going into what drives the super blokes, and even bringing Lex under this heading (because he can argue he is opposing threats nobody else can stand up to) then a thematic title rather than trying to ram TDK and MOS into the title in some way, with the iconic symbols of the super dudes featuring heavily.

Hero Complex is just what popped into my head. A title can't really be profferred without knowing what the story actually is.

Promotion angle...individual campaigns featuring the return of the man of steel and the dark knight. If lex features heavily, one for him too.

Three worldviews that collide when the film arrives.

Job done ;-)

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 344
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 23/11/2013 1:02:37 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

How about...Man Of Steel 2..

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 345
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 23/11/2013 1:19:22 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

How about...Man Of Steel 2..

no more numbers/numerals. ever!

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 346
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 23/11/2013 3:04:12 PM   
TomTron

"Man Of Steel Supremacy"

BOOM!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 347
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/11/2013 10:22:49 AM   
spark1

hey, what happened to zod's body?

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 348
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 28/11/2013 10:36:01 AM   
spark1

next up-aquaman-

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/dc-wants-aquaman-to-make-a-bigger-splash-1200883346/

maybe an appearance in 'trinity'

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 349
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 4/12/2013 2:00:32 PM   
spark1

cavill talks BvS -

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29947/affleck-cavill-talk-batman-vs-superman

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 350
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 2:08:53 PM   
fuzzy

So what does everyone feel about the inclusion of WW to the film now? As long as they keep it to a minimum, just an introduction that makes sense with the plot of the film, but leave the focus on Supes and Batman - I can tolerate it. The introduction of a now established Dark Knight and his reaction to Superman's arrival, with a big bad (probably Lex) is more than enough for one film.

If they balls this up, it would probably be the first superhero movie ruined by too many heroes!

< Message edited by fuzzy -- 5/12/2013 2:09:47 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 351
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 2:23:20 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

So what does everyone feel about the inclusion of WW to the film now? As long as they keep it to a minimum, just an introduction that makes sense with the plot of the film, but leave the focus on Supes and Batman - I can tolerate it. The introduction of a now established Dark Knight and his reaction to Superman's arrival, with a big bad (probably Lex) is more than enough for one film.

If they balls this up, it would probably be the first superhero movie ruined by too many heroes!

could be similar to the widow's appearance in IM2.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 352
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 2:38:51 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

quote:

could be similar to the widow's appearance in IM2.

Probably the best move. Keep it to her Diana Prince alter-ego and leave the heritage/WW stuff to another film - or maybe tease it at the end.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 353
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 3:41:03 PM   
Cool Breeze

I like Gal Gadot, she is certainly very pretty, but she doesnt seem to have the body to convincingly play Wonder Woman.Call me old fashioned, but i like to see Wonder Woman with great curves and tits.

This '' Man Of Steel sequel '' is getting a bit crowded now isnt it? Batman, Wonder Woman, and rumoured appearances from Nightwing and The Flash....why dont they just call it Justice league and be done with it?

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 5/12/2013 3:44:04 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 354
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 4:04:22 PM   
AxlReznor

Because those characters being in it doesn't necessarily mean they'd be major characters, and a Justice League movie would require equal attention to all of them (a la Avengers)?

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 355
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 4:07:18 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

hey, what happened to zod's body?

Fuck knows. I can tell you what happened to his neck though.

As for comments about Gal Gadot not having the physique... have you not heard of the gym, diet and work-outs before?

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 356
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 7:03:16 PM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Because those characters being in it doesn't necessarily mean they'd be major characters, and a Justice League movie would require equal attention to all of them (a la Avengers)?

Also, people are forgetting they killed off half of the cast in Man Of Steel. Zod, Faora, Jonathan Kent, Jor-El, Lara-El, Col Hardy, Dr Hamilton all bit the dust. Although Jonathan and Jor could potentially return via flasback or hologram or whatever, that only leaves Clark, Lois, Martha, Perry, Jenny and Lombard with a lot of shoes to fill. Batman and Wonder Woman will no doubt be supporting characters and while WW has been a tough nut to crack what better way to test the water than having her in a supporting role with an opportunity to explore some back story further down the line?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 357
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/12/2013 7:03:40 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

I like Gal Gadot, she is certainly very pretty, but she doesnt seem to have the body to convincingly play Wonder Woman.Call me old fashioned, but i like to see Wonder Woman with great curves and tits.

This '' Man Of Steel sequel '' is getting a bit crowded now isnt it? Batman, Wonder Woman, and rumoured appearances from Nightwing and The Flash....why dont they just call it Justice league and be done with it?

Agreed. She's attractive but just doesn't have the look of Wonder Woman for me. Every article points out that she was in the Israeli army for 2 years but she looks so slight of frame that she might snap in half if you gave her a hug. And yeah, as sexist as it might sound, I too would like Wonder Woman to be a little more voluptuous than that. She is meant to be the physical personification of feminine perfection. Made from clay and all that. I'm still a little gutted that Jaimie Alexander didn't get the gig. She's absolutely gorgeous and you can believe she could beat the shit out of a grown man.

I'm also wary about the crowding of characters in this. It seems to be a Justice League movie by any other name. I was initally pleased that they had decided to do a film focusing on just Supes and Bats before going full hog with the JL, similar to how the animated universe expanded in the cartoons. But this reeks of them rushing theirs arses off to get a Justice League film out to compete with The Avengers 2.

What also sends off alarm bells is the number of contradictions to what was said when MoS was first released. They originally said they were going to focus on a second Superman film before looking to expand the DC Cinematic Universe yet this film clearly proves that statement false. They said that whilst the Wayne Enterprises satellite was initially a nod to say thanks to Nolan for his part in making MoS happen, Snyder confirmed that Bruce Wayne existed in his world but it wasn't the same Wayne as in The Dark Knight trilogy and he wasn't yet Batman. Following on from that he then said that in the MoS world, Supes was the world's first superhero and paved the way for the others yet now we know Affleck is playing and tired Batman who has been doing this for a few years. And Nightwing has been acting on his own for awhile too...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 358
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/12/2013 10:30:51 AM   
spark1

maybe this guy will be luthor-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/53888/man-of-steel-2-lex-luthor-or-doomsday-cast/

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 359
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/12/2013 12:44:45 PM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

Pretty much agree. Keep it a sub-plot.

There was talk a while back that WW might be a Kryptonian. Re-watching MoS, I noticed that in the old Kryptonian ship, there was one dead body in the "hypersleep" pod type thing, and there was one other pod left open as though someone had survived and left the ship. Could be a set-up for another Kryptonian running around somewhere, assuming they can live for a bloody long time.

My guess as to what they`ll do with WW is they might play up the militant feminism angle. She is supposed to come from a society which is fairly anti-male. They might make her a bit of a man-hater initially.

Another prediction; if Batman and Superman have some sort of fight, Bruce Wayne might be the first to get his hands on some Kryptonite. Other wise it'll be a short fight.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI