Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ben Affleck is Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 28/9/2013 9:29:18 AM   
Wild about Wilder

The main problem I have apart from Snyder being involved is as much as I like Affleck as an Actor his on screen persona just doesn't match with what is needed to play Batman.

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 301
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/9/2013 9:56:47 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

I dont get the big deal about Kal killing Zod in MOS.Its pretty obvious that he had no choice and that fight was only going to end with either him or Zod dead.

more concerned about the brutal collateral damage during the fight scenes and attack on metropolis.

Supes did his best to prevent that.He gave himself up to Zod with the understanding that earth would be spared.When Zod unleahed his army and World engine he did everything he could to stop it and succeeded along with help from Lois and some of the armed forces.

He cant blamed for not having saved everyone.This is why i liked Man Of Steel over Avengers Assemble, cause the latter film was more of a light hearted film ( Though an extremely entertaining one ) but failed to show any real fall out from the battle of New York ( Besides property damage ) but Man Of Steel was more dramatic and the loss of life adds to the drama and proves that Superman despite his great power is limited to what he can actually do when faced with overwhelming odds.

it does set up a possible arc in the next film regarding the aftermath of zod's attack.

will we see the d c trinity in the sequel?-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28839/is-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman

Batman on Film's podcast did mention they were setting up Trinity and Jett has some inside knowledge with what going on. Afterall he was the first people to hint of Bane and Talia being Rises villains.

Just as I hope the next film won't be titled Superman Vs Batman, I hope they don't go with Trinity. We all remember the last Trinity that Goyer was involved with...

Hey Goyer's last Trinity film, whilst being a steaming pile of cow shit, did introduce us to the finest insult on film. What I wouldn't give to have Batman call Superman a 'cock juggling thunder cunt'?!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 302
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 1/10/2013 6:36:21 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

I dont get the big deal about Kal killing Zod in MOS.Its pretty obvious that he had no choice and that fight was only going to end with either him or Zod dead.

It's the equivalent of having Batman brandish a revolver and shoot the Joker in the head - an absolutely chronic error and a total misunderstanding of the character from Snyder.

Need to add here though that whilst Batman does not kill, Superman (on occasion) has. So not really out of character.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 303
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 1/10/2013 7:53:20 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

quote:

quote:

It's the equivalent of having Batman brandish a revolver and shoot the Joker in the head - an absolutely chronic error and a total misunderstanding of the character from Snyder.

Need to add here though that whilst Batman does not kill, Superman (on occasion) has. So not really out of character.

Technically Batman breaks his no killing rule during the climax of TDKR.While piloting the Bat, he stikes Talias Truck with missiles, the driver is killed on impact and Talia dies as a result of her injuries sustained in the crash.

Like Superman in MOS though, this is justifiable as the lives of many innocent citizens were at stake.Its not like he stuffed a bomb down a circus goons pants with an evil grin on his face and blew the guy up

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 1/10/2013 7:55:33 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 304
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 8/10/2013 8:32:29 PM   
Ghidorah

http://batman-news.com/2013/10/08/ben-affleck-wants-larry-david-as-mr-myxlplyx-in-batman-vs-superman/

I wonder who's going to play Bat Mite and krypto?

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 305
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 9/10/2013 8:27:10 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

quote:

quote:

Technically Batman breaks his no killing rule during the climax of TDKR.While piloting the Bat, he stikes Talias Truck with missiles, the driver is killed on impact and Talia dies as a result of her injuries sustained in the crash.

Like Superman in MOS though, this is justifiable as the lives of many innocent citizens were at stake.Its not like he stuffed a bomb down a circus goons pants with an evil grin on his face and blew the guy up

There's also the part where Batman is completely against guns... but each and every one of his vehicles is fitted with guns.

Post #: 306
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 15/10/2013 10:34:35 AM   
spark1

while we wait synder and bruce timms celebrate 75 years of superman-

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/14/superman-75-years-of-heroic-history-in-a-2-minute-animated-short-exclusive/

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 307
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 15/10/2013 12:48:41 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/14/superman-75-years-of-heroic-history-in-a-2-minute-animated-short-exclusive/

I wonder if they'll do the same for Batman next year.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 308
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 15/10/2013 2:22:55 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

i think they missed out 'lois and clark' in there. shame.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 309
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 15/10/2013 4:21:28 PM   
TomTron

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

i think they missed out 'lois and clark' in there. shame.

Yeah, that was a great little short but there was no Dean Cain, Brandon Routh or Tom Welling. Yet they included the Blue/Red electric Supermen, 'the hell?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 310
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 21/10/2013 10:30:22 AM   
spark1

BvS filming begins-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29263/video-batman-vs-superman-early-filming

Post #: 311
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 22/10/2013 3:43:19 PM   
spark1

'trinity' talk from wb boss-

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/wonder-woman-to-appear-in-batman-superman-wbs-greg-silverman-addresses-rumors-1200749114/

Post #: 312
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 29/10/2013 2:43:17 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Away from Superman having seen Ender's Game having seen Asa Butterfield to me he would if they ever decided to make an excellent Robin he has the look & build to play any of the main 3 a young Dick, Tim or even Damian.

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 29/10/2013 2:45:22 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 313
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 29/10/2013 2:46:23 PM   
The Hooded Man

Asa Butterfield would be a great Robin.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 314
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 29/10/2013 11:17:35 PM   
Darth Marenghi

Wow, I didn't even realise Butterfield was in Ender's Game. Great little actor.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 315
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/10/2013 10:25:51 AM   
spark1

batmobile/suit news-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29426/early-details-of-batfleck-costume-batmobile

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 316
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/10/2013 10:38:19 AM   
Artoo

quote:

batmobile/suit news-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29426/early-details-of-batfleck-costume-batmobile

The car pictured in that article looks awesome! I hope thats the new Batmobile! The suit pictured in the comic strip looks awful though - don't use this as a template please!! The Injustice suit is far better!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 317
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/10/2013 11:18:25 AM   
AxlReznor

The Arkham Origins suit is one of the best I've seen in a long long time. Though, they might find that one too close to the Nolan costumes, too.

I'd actually like to see Batman move and fight the way he does in the Arkham games, but that would pretty much be impossible with a suit that could realistically protect him from gunfire, etc.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 318
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 30/10/2013 8:23:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

If Bats is going to fight Supes, it stands to reason that he will have some kind of special armour for the job so the flimsy suit pictured in the above article just wont do.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 319
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 2/11/2013 1:17:51 PM   
spark1

'thor' star in talks for BvS-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/52133/batman-vs-superman-jamie-alexander-is-wonder-woman/

Post #: 320
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 2/11/2013 3:23:24 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/52133/batman-vs-superman-jamie-alexander-is-wonder-woman/

WHY do you just keep posting links on this site spark? Do you actually partake in discussions here? I just dont understand why you bother!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 321
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 3/11/2013 11:54:32 AM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

WHY do you just keep posting links on this site spark? Do you actually partake in discussions here? I just dont understand why you bother!

news/facts then opinions.

Post #: 322
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 3/11/2013 12:43:46 PM   
Hood_Man

Dammit spark, you had the pun all set up for you! You were attempting to "Spark a discussion!"

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 323
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 3/11/2013 7:16:46 PM   
ohtarus

You're right about the Arkham suits. It would be great seeing that style on the big screen. Perhaps even changing to a Batman Beyond style suit near the end...

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 324
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 4/11/2013 10:31:24 AM   
spark1

think adding the trinity to a BvS movie trying to reboot the bat maybe too much.
leave the princess for another film.

(in reply to ohtarus)
Post #: 325
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 4/11/2013 2:34:52 PM   
FoximusPrime

I'd like to see Wonder Woman get her own film to begin with - doesn't even have to be an origin film. She's a strong enough character, in every sense.

I saw someone write on Twitter a couple of months ago that, while Marvel are about to give us a talking raccoon and a sentient tree in space, DC / WB can't figure out how to make a Wonder Woman film.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 326
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 4/11/2013 4:19:09 PM   
Cool Breeze

Aye, its already a bit of a stretch that Batman is muscling in on the new Supermans second film.Having Wonder Woman in there as well is going way too far.

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 327
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 4/11/2013 8:17:16 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

think adding the trinity to a BvS movie trying to reboot the bat maybe too much.
leave the princess for another film.

According to Jett from Batman on Film, Trinity is the sequel to BvS and more importantly this mystery female lead character isn't Wonderwoman.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BvS_rumor-news_is-WW-in-BvS_11-3-13.html

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 328
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/11/2013 11:14:43 AM   
The Hooded Man

Could Alexander be Selina Kyle or Talia?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 329
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 6/11/2013 10:45:22 PM   
TomTron

What's all this then?...

http://instagram.com/p/gY9JNXjpm_/

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI