Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Ben Affleck is Batman

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 1:43:30 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

Personally I don't think Ben Affleck is the worst choice at all. I think he may be pretty good. Surely better than the awful George Clooney Batman?

So if not Affleck who would you cast as the older Batman, as it appears they are looking for?

They could have cast a relative unknown like Henry Cavill who is suited to play the part rather than a " celebrity " who has turned out to be a fine director but is unfortunately an average actor at best.

Batman doesn't need to be played by a " star ". I don't think Affleck is the worst actor in the world and may turn out to be ok in the role but I think lot of people will be missing Christian Bales Batman by the time the film comes out.

Oh well at least Affleck isn't blonde.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 2/9/2013 1:45:17 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 271
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 3:20:51 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

I don't get why everyone's jumping on the guy saying Batman and Daredevil are similar like he's talking out of his arse. I thought that was a pretty well-established and universally accepted comparison? I've even read that Kevin Smith has said that Affleck has always been a massive Batman fan and only did Daredevil because it was so similar he thought it was the closest he'd get to playing the Bat after he thought they weren't going to make any more after Batman & Robin. Apparently what swung it was when they said they would be basing the film on Frank Miller's work who wrote his favourite Batman story, The Dark Knight Returns. I actually remember saying to my mate who I saw Daredevil with in the cinema that it felt like they were trying to do Tim Burton's Batman by way of Raimi's Spider-Man.

No one is jumping on anyone. I respect Axl's opinion on the subject which is perhaps why it may have come across as piss taking - because it's not normal for me (and others) to disagree to such an extent.

I've heard nothing about the Kevin Smith/Ben Affleck/Daredevil/Batman/Frank Miller connection that you mentioned. All I heard was that Affleck was a Daredevil fan - so when he had the chance he played Daredevil!! But I'll take your word for it that Affleck playing Daredevil was in some way connected to him being a Frank Miller's Batman fan!

If what Axl (or yourself) are trying to say is that Batman is similar in tone to Daredevil (what with all the rooftops and alleyways and shadows etc, and the fact they have both lost parents to street thugs) then you should've just said so!

< Message edited by Artoo -- 2/9/2013 3:21:52 PM >

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 272
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 3:22:04 PM   
AxlReznor

This is what I was trying to say.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 273
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 3:35:32 PM   
jobloffski

It will work out fine. Affleck looks a good Wayne and when he has a costume on and is punching someone it will be a very unlike Affleck thing to see, so by it it being that way, he will be intimidating enough. Bit like seeing someone you believe to be a wuss crack and start whaling on someone.

It is a long time since Daredevil,and the first thing we saw him do in that was leave someone on a train track to be cut in half. Anyway, DD isn't as terrible as most people say IMO and a different script, a different scenario,a different director and all that. IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME FILM.

It's just people pretending to be someone else for a living, people. And this actor has worked hard to be taken seriously after all the Bennifer bullshit. You seriously think it is not his intention to serve the words of the doubters back to them letter by letter with an extra 'you can go fuck yourself, now, cant'cha' thrown in for good measure?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 274
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 3:44:14 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jobloffski

It will work out fine. Affleck looks a good Wayne and when he has a costume on and is punching someone it will be a very unlike Affleck thing to see, so by it it being that way, he will be intimidating enough. Bit like seeing someone you believe to be a wuss crack and start whaling on someone.

It is a long time since Daredevil,and the first thing we saw him do in that was leave someone on a train track to be cut in half. Anyway, DD isn't as terrible as most people say IMO and a different script, a different scenario,a different director and all that. IT WILL NOT BE THE SAME FILM.

It's just people pretending to be someone else for a living, people. And this actor has worked hard to be taken seriously after all the Bennifer bullshit. You seriously think it is not his intention to serve the words of the doubters back to them letter by letter with an extra 'you can go fuck yourself, now, cant'cha' thrown in for good measure?

I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Don't confuse my skepticism for agreement with some of the people who are going far overboard with their reaction (petitions, etc.).

I don't think people improve as actors... they just learn to take roles that are better suited to them, so the passage of time between Daredevil and now doesn't mean shit to me. A decent performance will, however... though so soon after The Dark Knight Rises, I can't help but feel no matter who was cast in the role, their performance is going to be overshadowed by the audience being used to Christian Bale. Just one of the reasons I don't think they should have even been considering a new Batman just yet.

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 275
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 3:51:36 PM   
jobloffski

I think people do, or at least can, improve as actors.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 276
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 2/9/2013 7:31:20 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

though so soon after The Dark Knight Rises, I can't help but feel no matter who was cast in the role, their performance is going to be overshadowed by the audience being used to Christian Bale. Just one of the reasons I don't think they should have even been considering a new Batman just yet.

Yeah, I'd have preferred the character to be rested for a bit myself but hey, capitalism.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 277
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 4/9/2013 7:56:42 PM   
Cool Breeze

This is your new Batman folks...http://youtu.be/gZyfDajJM4I

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 278
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/9/2013 10:22:40 AM   
UTB

It's funny because he has been poor in some crap films.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 279
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/9/2013 10:31:39 AM   
spark1

zimmer mulls over doing MOS2 and a new 'batman' theme-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/49103/man-of-steel-2-hans-zimmer-to-do-new-batman-theme/

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 280
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/9/2013 11:28:37 AM   
Whistler

I've purposely avoided this thread until now because I just can't be bothered with all the bickering (although it looks much calmer here than I expected), but I just want to weigh in and say I think Affleck will be a great Batman/Bruce Wayne.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 281
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 5/9/2013 1:14:07 PM   
mysterious

I think it is too soon to bring in Batman...the world has just about been introduced to Supes.

In any case, I hope this is an improvement on MOS.

"Lets put a smmile on that facce!"

(in reply to Sotto Voce)
Post #: 282
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/9/2013 1:25:46 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

This is your new Batman folks...http://youtu.be/gZyfDajJM4I

That is quite funny! I still think he'll be good in the part but I did laugh - especially at the "I'M THE GANGSTA'S GANGSTA!" thing and the super imposed mask at the end!

You'll still be humping the teaser posters with the rest of us this time next year!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 283
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 5/9/2013 4:55:20 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

You'll still be humping the teaser posters with the rest of us this time next year!

Yep, especially if he ends up looking anything like this:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/236/8/e/batman___ben_affleck_by_alemarques21-d6jdd8k.jpg

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 284
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 16/9/2013 2:31:25 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

Bit like seeing someone you believe to be a wuss crack and start whaling on someone.

Pure poetry as ever mate . How are you doing?

I think we've been here before with Daniel Craig as Bond and of course Heath Ledger as the Joker. On both counts I thought the wrong decision had been made and twice I was wrong! The problem is no-one has a good reference point from which to imagine Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman (both roles as equally as important) other than Daredevil which unfortunately was mediocre. Until we see a teaser trailer with Affleck in the role and his interaction with Kal-el we'll be in the dark. I'm sure they'll release a costume shot and perhaps a teaser poster first to whet the appetite further and then of course we'll get the trailer and the discussion will move on a little.

When Affleck was cast I was a little disappointed. Not because I felt Affleck was a bad choice but because I had Luke Evans pegged as the Batman. Affleck is over exposed despite his sterling efforts in front and behind the lens and he's clearly a safe choice to an extent but I'm willing to wait until we at least get a proper look at him first. I think it's a case of just seeing enough of the trailers and getting used to the new world that Batman inhabits. Once we do, I believe Nolan's trilogy will begin slowly to move to the back of our minds.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 285
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 17/9/2013 1:38:30 PM   
TomTron

Affleck Talks Batman

Absolute Lad.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 286
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 18/9/2013 10:26:31 AM   
spark1

dc phase 2-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/49844/warner-bros-to-release-2-dc-comics-film-a-year/

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 287
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/9/2013 10:37:21 AM   
spark1

I hope affleck does not suck in 'runner, runner' or its more fuel on the fire.

more from david goyer on superman killing again-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28792/david-goyer-our-superman-can-kill-for-now

Post #: 288
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/9/2013 11:55:13 AM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28792/david-goyer-our-superman-can-kill-for-now

Don't really see what the big deal is. Have people forgotten that Superman kills Zod & Co. in Superman II!?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 289
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/9/2013 2:35:43 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

quote:

Don't really see what the big deal is. Have people forgotten that Superman kills Zod & Co. in Superman II!?

He also strangles his evil double to death in Superman 3.Does that count?

And he does kill Nuclear Man in Superman 4.

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 290
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/9/2013 2:38:56 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

quote:

He also strangles his evil double to death in Superman 3.Does that count?

And he does kill Nuclear Man in Superman 4.

i suppose you get a pass if it is an out of control superpowered menace.

i get it was a rough first day on the job for kal but he should not make a habit of it.
maybe the new bat will teach him a bit of restraint.

Post #: 291
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/9/2013 2:44:46 PM   
Cool Breeze

I dont get the big deal about Kal killing Zod in MOS.Its pretty obvious that he had no choice and that fight was only going to end with either him or Zod dead.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 292
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 25/9/2013 6:28:13 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm surprised no mention this.

http://batman-news.com/2013/09/24/commissioner-gordon-tv-series-gotham-coming-to-fox/

A while back I thought it would be interesting to do a TV show set in Gotham city and focus on one particular cop. Here we get to see Gotham city not through Batman eyes but a rookie cop and how he struggles with high level of crime and curroption.

Post #: 293
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/9/2013 10:31:24 AM   
spark1

quote:

I dont get the big deal about Kal killing Zod in MOS.Its pretty obvious that he had no choice and that fight was only going to end with either him or Zod dead.

more concerned about the brutal collateral damage during the fight scenes and attack on metropolis.

Post #: 294
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/9/2013 1:24:15 PM   
CheshireMoon

quote:

I completely agree with you, When I first heard that he was playing Batman I got a sick feeling in my stomach but after reading this I cannot agree with you more!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 295
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/9/2013 3:30:07 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

more concerned about the brutal collateral damage during the fight scenes and attack on metropolis.

Supes did his best to prevent that.He gave himself up to Zod with the understanding that earth would be spared.When Zod unleahed his army and World engine he did everything he could to stop it and succeeded along with help from Lois and some of the armed forces.

He cant blamed for not having saved everyone.This is why i liked Man Of Steel over Avengers Assemble, cause the latter film was more of a light hearted film ( Though an extremely entertaining one ) but failed to show any real fall out from the battle of New York ( Besides property damage ) but Man Of Steel was more dramatic and the loss of life adds to the drama and proves that Superman despite his great power is limited to what he can actually do when faced with overwhelming odds.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 26/9/2013 3:31:30 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 296
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 26/9/2013 8:59:16 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

It's the equivalent of having Batman brandish a revolver and shoot the Joker in the head - an absolutely chronic error and a total misunderstanding of the character from Snyder.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 297
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/9/2013 10:33:00 AM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Supes did his best to prevent that.He gave himself up to Zod with the understanding that earth would be spared.When Zod unleahed his army and World engine he did everything he could to stop it and succeeded along with help from Lois and some of the armed forces.

He cant blamed for not having saved everyone.This is why i liked Man Of Steel over Avengers Assemble, cause the latter film was more of a light hearted film ( Though an extremely entertaining one ) but failed to show any real fall out from the battle of New York ( Besides property damage ) but Man Of Steel was more dramatic and the loss of life adds to the drama and proves that Superman despite his great power is limited to what he can actually do when faced with overwhelming odds.

it does set up a possible arc in the next film regarding the aftermath of zod's attack.

will we see the d c trinity in the sequel?-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28839/is-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman

Post #: 298
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/9/2013 12:10:50 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

it does set up a possible arc in the next film regarding the aftermath of zod's attack.

Batman on Film's podcast did mention they were setting up Trinity and Jett has some inside knowledge with what going on. Afterall he was the first people to hint of Bane and Talia being Rises villains.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 299
RE: Ben Affleck is Batman - 27/9/2013 1:16:09 PM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Batman on Film's podcast did mention they were setting up Trinity and Jett has some inside knowledge with what going on. Afterall he was the first people to hint of Bane and Talia being Rises villains.

Just as I hope the next film won't be titled Superman Vs Batman, I hope they don't go with Trinity. We all remember the last Trinity that Goyer was involved with...

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Ben Affleck is Batman Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI