Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice - 19/6/2013 11:33:46 AM   
The Hooded Man

Or whatever the inevitable sequel is called ... Anyone else looking forward to it?

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 23/8/2014 10:10:50 AM >

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.
Post #: 1
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 11:54:29 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hooded Man

Or whatever the inevitable sequel is called ... Anyone else looking forward to it?

I am looking forward to the reboot in 30 years time

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 12:06:38 PM   
giggity

Reckon it will just be Man Of Steel 2, although would be cool if it's called 'Man Of Tomorrow' and yeah i'm really looking forward to it. I thought despite it's problems with pacing and balancing story with action Man of Steel was a fantastic film and a great new start to a series of films, will be interesting if they carry on story threads from the first film. Someone suggested after all of the destruction of Metropolis in MOS, in the second one Lex Luthor appears and pays for all the restoration, turning all of the people of metropolis against Superman in the process. Would be a pretty cool way to introduce Luthor and how he has power over Superman, and plus it would shut all the moaners up on the internet about 'he killed thousands of people'.

Really the only Superman Villains I can see being strong enough to be the main villain in a Superman film are Luthor or Brainiac. You can have other enemies like Metallo or Doomsday be the sub-villain. Luthor creates Metallo with experiments, then after superman beats him Luthor fights him in the Kryptonite suit? Or if it's Brainiac, Doomsday is one of his science experiments that Superman has to fight.

But yeah, really looking forward to it. If MOS was the Batman Begins of the franchise, hopefully the next one will be The Dark Knight of the franchise.

Post #: 3
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 12:20:00 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Having now seen Man of Steel, I dread the sequel with every fibre of my being

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

Post #: 4
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 1:01:21 PM   
spark1

i'd go for 'last son of krypton' or 'man of tomorrow' as titles.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 5
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 1:24:57 PM   
Dannybohy

Zod Rises.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 6
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 2:10:25 PM   
Willy Wood

Son of CGI.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 7
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 2:15:17 PM   
Dannybohy

Superman Revolution

(in reply to Willy Wood)
Post #: 8
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 3:09:26 PM   
pete_traynor

Crowe was one of the few fairly decent things about the film, so lets have:

The Data Stick Daddy Re-Boot

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 9
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 19/6/2013 6:40:15 PM   
Ref

I, for one, am looking forward to the sequel, you mardy sods

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

Post #: 10
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 10:34:43 AM   
spark1

the cg destruction overload in MOS has put me right off a doomsday or darkseid storyline for future movies.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 11
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 11:33:19 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

the cg destruction overload in MOS has put me right off a doomsday or darkseid storyline for future movies.

Fuck it! throw them both in the next movie!! they can have funny little sequence when the workmen have just finished rebuilding the last building in Metropolis! and darn don't you know it!! Superman throws Doomsday into it!! oops!! maybe a scene with two blokes carrying a sheet of glass over the road!. bloody clowns!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 12
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 2:25:28 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

Fuck it! throw them both in the next movie!! they can have funny little sequence when the workmen have just finished rebuilding the last building in Metropolis! and darn don't you know it!! Superman throws Doomsday into it!! oops!! maybe a scene with two blokes carrying a sheet of glass over the road!. bloody clowns!

Ahem... Clicky

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 13
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 3:44:59 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

quote:

Ahem... Clicky

Ha! brilliant. . Are they supposed to be rebuilding the mess from the movie then?. Where are all the undertakers trucks?

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 14
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 4:20:31 PM   
Ref

EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread

< Message edited by Ref -- 20/6/2013 4:21:21 PM >

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 15
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 7:24:22 PM   
Ghidorah

Warner Bros must be very concerned with Pacific Rim and Godzilla. If people are concerned with the amount of destruction in Man of Steel, they will have a mental breakdown once they see what Godzilla has in store for America. However I do admit some of the destruction echoes 9/11 and that not a good thing for a non serious blockbuster.

Anyone saw the Supergirl's Easter egg so it's possible she might appears. Also do we see what happened to the babies template? I know the ship is badly damaged but we never see what happened to the template. What could happen if one or some are alive is the military+ Lex get hands on them and try to grow one. The result is Biazorro, however we had multiple Kryptians in MOS so it's unlikely if they do go down this route, if they do the chances it will not be the main villian.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 20/6/2013 7:25:49 PM >

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 16
The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 11:04:45 PM   
Alistair

quote:

The cg destruction overload in MOS has put me right off a doomsday or darkseid storyline for future movies.

Well this is exactly the point. They've kind of blown their load on the action/CGI front in this first film, so this raises two important points that must be addressed by Snyder. They are as follows:

1: Where do you go from here, when you've gone so epic? I mean you literally cannot get any bigger on the action front - BUT...

2: Better conceived action and improved CGI. The current situation with big budget films and CGi is thusly: Too much is asked of the CGI companies. It's like too little butter spread over too much bread. You have a pre-determined release date and you have an over-ambitious director who wants to throw so much action at the screen that the CGI duties must be shared between many different companies. This leads to a wide range of quality difference in the CGI. Man of Steel is the perfect example of this. Some of the CGI was great, a lot of it was fairly poor. There's no consistency.

Snyder, moving forward, must realise that going any bigger with the sequel is not going to work, because it will probably end up being as sloppy as MoS. CGI does develop and improve generally, but it all comes down to these three things:

- Talent (the CGI artists).
- Budget
- Time

Without all three of these things working in harmony you cannot have a visually successful film (in relation to CGI). I must note that CGI quality alone doesn't just factor here - It's how the action scenes are planned, choreographed, and edited too. The action in MoS was generally uninspired so it wouldn't have mattered how good the CGI was anyway.

So the key to improving in the sequel is to do exactly what Joss Whedon is planning with The Avengers 2: "Don't go bigger, go deeper". Going bigger doesn't work. Man of Steel didn't work and it was HUGE, so it definitely can't go bigger. It's not an option.

Man of Steel is a bit of a visual mess in places, so I can't imagine that a sequel with the afore-mentioned badguys would be any different. I don't want to see similar destruction again, because it will be pants. It's up to Nolan/Goyer and Snyder to produce an outstanding script and maybe delve in to Karl El's history some more (more Costner please), and also hit Clark where it hurts. Luthor is the key. If he's written well he can be a far greater villain than any super-CGI threat.

I'd love to see some flashbacks to Krypton (will probably happen). A linear narrative would be my preferred choice, but the flashbacks have been established with MoS and are here to stay now. This gives an excellent opportunity to get some more Crowe/Costner in to the mix.

But most of all the for sequel: I want to feel INSPIRED by Superman. This was sorely lacking in Mos. Superman is the most inspiring superhero of them all and not once did I feel he was an inspiring figure. Make him the heroic protector that he needs to be and fully address the devastation his actions caused in this first film. By doing this I think it would actually improve the viewing experience of MoS.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 20/6/2013 11:32:25 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 17
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 11:29:53 PM   
Vadersville

I've seen a lot of people on here talk about inconsistent or bad CG effects, Where were these? The entire film looked stunning to me.

Also, aren't all these arguments about there being too much destruction a little silly? Surely people would moan if super-beings had a smack down in the middle of a city without so much as a car being turned over...

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 20/6/2013 11:31:52 PM >

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 18
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 20/6/2013 11:35:41 PM   
Alistair

quote:

I've seen a lot of people on here talk about inconsistent or bad CG effects, Where were these? The entire film looked stunning to me.

Also, aren't all these arguments about there being too much destruction a little silly? Surely people would moan if super-beings had a smack down in the middle of a city without so much as a car being turned over...

There's great CGI in the film, but the point is that there was just so much of it that it wasn't completely successful throughout. I don't think the CGI in any scene of MoS was as good as the effects work in the plane sequence of Superman Returns. That was superb. And clear. A lot of the stuff in MoS was a bit...blurred.

And I have no problem with destruction and large-scale action, but it felt bloated and not very well conceived in some of the major action beats. I thought the Smallville scene bordered on unwatchable.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 20/6/2013 11:40:54 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

Post #: 19
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/6/2013 10:56:46 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

quote:

There's great CGI in the film, but the point is that there was just so much of it that it wasn't completely successful throughout. I don't think the CGI in any scene of MoS was as good as the effects work in the plane sequence of Superman Returns. That was superb. And clear. A lot of the stuff in MoS was a bit...blurred.

And I have no problem with destruction and large-scale action, but it felt bloated and not very well conceived in some of the major action beats. I thought the Smallville scene bordered on unwatchable.

Examples? I also can't say I agree with you about the plane sequence in Returns being better CG. I mean, I love that sequence but it was made a few years ago now and even I have to admit you can spot the rubber-forehead CG Routh in every shot.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 20
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/6/2013 1:52:32 PM   
Alistair

quote:

Examples? I also can't say I agree with you about the plane sequence in Returns being better CG. I mean, I love that sequence but it was made a few years ago now and even I have to admit you can spot the rubber-forehead CG Routh in every shot.

As a complete scene the plane sequence in SR is more successful (in my opinion) than anything in MoS simply because you feel like you're up there with Superman - The action is clear, well shot and exciting. As an audience we're thrown in to the same perspective as Superman as he flies down the length of the plane to reach the front. MoS just felt blurry and strangely uninvolving. Although I must say that the sonic-boom take-off sequences of Supes are incredible.

As for examples - There are sections of both the Smallville and final city-based battle that have amazing CGI, but they both descend in to utter rubbish. It's literally like watching someone else play a computer game in certain scenes. And because they are so poor looking it completely disconnected me from the action, and just seemed boring.

Look, don't get me wrong here - the film goes to great heights (excuse the pun) visually, but Snyder falls in to the same trap as a lot of directors of blockbusters and composes entire sections of the film with poor CGI and it buckles under the load.

It is genuinely fascinating how people view CGI. What looks great to one person, looks crap to another. And vice versa.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 21/6/2013 1:54:26 PM >

Post #: 21
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 21/6/2013 2:10:52 PM   
Dannybohy

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/other_news/news/?a=80651

for your viewing pleasure. (note that this is just someone else opinion, i think he has made a good argument not that agree on all examples)

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 22
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/6/2013 10:59:00 AM   
Vadersville

quote:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/other_news/news/?a=80651

for your viewing pleasure. (note that this is just someone else opinion, i think he has made a good argument not that agree on all examples)

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I hope you are. There's no good argument made, just a picture made of various stills from dfferent effects shots from various films and tv shows alongside, poor res, lower quality and unsaturated screengrabs from MoS....

I should point out that the whole good/bad CG thing means little to me anyway. Personally, I enjoyed the film without ever once thinking "Ooo, dodgy effects shot!". Maybe that's because I was enjoying the film too much to notice or maybe its just that the film has good effects. What confuses me more I guess would be the argument that it used too much CG. I struggle to think how you would make a Superman story nowadays without lots and lots of effects shots. Sure if this had been a Batman film, I would have been like, "Come on, this is ridiculous", but how else are you gonna show a city getting smashed to pieces as two super beings slug it out?

< Message edited by Vadersville -- 22/6/2013 11:03:40 AM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 23
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/6/2013 2:21:26 PM   
spark1

possible sequel ideas-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/at-the-movies/a491658/man-of-steel-sequel-5-possible-plots-for-henry-cavills-superman.html

Post #: 24
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/6/2013 7:20:28 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

Having now seen Man of Steel, I dread the sequel with every fibre of my being

I have to say, your turnaround on witnessing the finished film is pretty amazing Pete!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 25
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 22/6/2013 11:29:36 PM   
TomTron

Channing Tatum as Lex

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 26
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 23/6/2013 11:58:10 AM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

Really the only Superman Villains I can see being strong enough to be the main villain in a Superman film are Luthor or Brainiac. You can have other enemies like Metallo or Doomsday be the sub-villain. Luthor creates Metallo with experiments, then after superman beats him Luthor fights him in the Kryptonite suit? Or if it's Brainiac, Doomsday is one of his science experiments that Superman has to fight.

But yeah, really looking forward to it. If MOS was the Batman Begins of the franchise, hopefully the next one will be The Dark Knight of the franchise.

Im with you on this one. The next film cannot skip over what happened to Metropolis. Though kryptonite might end up in MOS2 I hope we dont have a case of Superman losing powers and fighting as a mortal - its too obvious given most heros have done that already - Spiderman, Thor, Iron man 3 and TDKR (in a sense).

Brainiac and Luthor would be a great combo. As in Returns, at the end Superman is left with nothing of his homeworld - no fortress, no crystals so if Brainiac were to show up there is still the potential for emotional torment and all that jazz, with metallo thrown in the mix.

Doomsday would be fucking majestic - though I think he would be wasted given there arent any other heros currently to show up and get wasted, and then do they go up the Return of Superman route with the 4 supermens? Doubtful.

Darkseid is too powerful to come to earth, we cant have a city being levelled every film, but there is potential to go off world and they showed this on Krypton. I could watch that.

Its a shame Green Lantern was fucked up so badly in every sense. Yes its a Superman Origins film, but Green Lantern wouldnt have looked out of place giving it a go at the climax of MOS.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 27
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 23/6/2013 1:35:14 PM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

Im with you on this one. The next film cannot skip over what happened to Metropolis. Though kryptonite might end up in MOS2 I hope we dont have a case of Superman losing powers and fighting as a mortal - its too obvious given most heros have done that already - Spiderman, Thor, Iron man 3 and TDKR (in a sense).

Brainiac and Luthor would be a great combo. As in Returns, at the end Superman is left with nothing of his homeworld - no fortress, no crystals so if Brainiac were to show up there is still the potential for emotional torment and all that jazz, with metallo thrown in the mix.

Doomsday would be fucking majestic - though I think he would be wasted given there arent any other heros currently to show up and get wasted, and then do they go up the Return of Superman route with the 4 supermens? Doubtful.

Darkseid is too powerful to come to earth, we cant have a city being levelled every film, but there is potential to go off world and they showed this on Krypton. I could watch that.

Its a shame Green Lantern was fucked up so badly in every sense. Yes its a Superman Origins film, but Green Lantern wouldnt have looked out of place giving it a go at the climax of MOS.

I was thinking just yesterday that maybe the best way to incorporate the death of superman storyline would to be in a Justice League film. It couldn't be a direct translation of the storyline and it wouldn't be the first justice league film, maybe the 2nd or a third? But if at the beginning, Superman goes up against this unbelievable foe and then he gets killed in the first third of the movie. The biggest problem I always thought of a death of superman movie would be that he needs to get killed near the start so that we have enough time to build up to when he returns at the end and saves the day, but that means the bulk of the film is just exploring the mourning for Superman which wouldn't be too exciting for most viewers. But if it's a Justice League film then you can give focus to the rest of the heroes in the middle section.

Another alternative would be to have Doomsday kill Superman right at the end of a Superman movie or at the end of a justice league movie then have him come back in either another superman sequel or in a justice league film. Would take a lot of planning with the other movies to get it to work but it would be a pretty great approach to the storyline I reckon.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 28
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 23/6/2013 4:19:31 PM   
captainrentboy

Loved Man of Steel, yes it had its problems (Pacing issues, not enough 'quiet' time spent with important characters) but hopefully they'll be ironed out for the sequel, so bring it the eff on!

I'm thinking a politically driven Lex is a guarantee (He would have hated all of that city destruction and human casualty), as is the introduction Kryptonite and Lex's power suit. Maybe a smaller side villain like Metallo could be thrown into the mix too.
If they're thinking of Justice League right after MOS 2, they're going to have to start mentioning/introducing the other big heroes properly as well, maybe bring the lesser known ones in for a small piece of screen time. (I think some decent webisodes between MOS2 and Justice League are going to be a necessity, if they're insisting on no stand alone movies for Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc)
I'd assume they're going to save Darkseid, Doomsday or Brainiac for Justice League, they're renowned as some of the most recognisable and toughest DC villains, ones that would require the whole of the League to work together.

Edit- After reading everyone else's posts it appears we're all kind of thinking along the same lines.
Although IMO Brainiac and his army of robots seems too large a threat to be merely a side villain. His appearance could lend itself to some nice Krypton flashbacks, and the reappearance of Crowe and Shannon whilst Kandor is fought for and subsequently claimed.

< Message edited by captainrentboy -- 23/6/2013 4:25:52 PM >

Post #: 29
RE: The Man Of Steel Rises - 9/7/2013 3:00:53 PM   
Sotto Voce

Despite the significant flaws, I am looking forward to the sequel.

I'm pretty sure they'll be desperately trying to work out exactly what put so many people off about MOS, and fixing it for the sequel.

I think having Luthor and some kryptonite or Krytonian technology as the main foe would be pretty predictable and uninteresting. Hopefully they come up with something else, and just introduce Luthor as a secondary character.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to captainrentboy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Batman V Superman : Dawn of Justice Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI