Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 18/6/2013 9:51:03 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Common Sense - 18/6/2013 9:51:03 AM   
TheWisemanWB

How about a Scottish actor? Make sense to anyone else?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Richard Madden for the Highlander - 18/6/2013 9:52:54 AM   
Morganafromka

I guess it would be a wise choice and an interesting part for Richard. He is of Scottish descent, he knows how to hold a sword, and might be both available and interested))

Post #: 3
Richard Madden would be an excellent choice... - 18/6/2013 9:58:28 AM   
Porter

...he is a quality actor. Thank god it's not Reynolds anymore. Unfortunately if the producers were dumb enough to consider him in the first place, it'll most likely be Vin Diesel next.

Post #: 4
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 18/6/2013 10:01:49 AM   
Dannybohy

Excellent! now they can get on the phone to Colin Farrell and get him onboard instead!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 5
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 18/6/2013 10:42:57 AM   
Artoo

Thank fuck for that! I like Ryan Reynolds but casting him as Connor Mcleod in Highlander is nothing short of very, very silly! Even in the original film you had a Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing a Spaniard, so we've had all the associated silly that we can possibly take when it comes to Highlander thankyouverymuch!

Cast Gerard Butler as Connor Mcleod and Antonio Banderas as Ramirez and jobs a goodun!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 6
Scottish please - 18/6/2013 12:29:28 PM   
Hugh_Fran

Seriously! Why would an all American like Ryan Reynolds even be considered to play a Scottish Character? They need a Scotsman for this gig

Post #: 7
RE: Scottish please - 18/6/2013 3:59:36 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugh_Fran

Seriously! Why would an all American like Ryan Reynolds even be considered to play a Scottish Character? They need a Scotsman for this gig

Lambert is French! I don't think it matters in the slightest so long as they can pull off a decent Scottish accent for the flashback scenes.

(in reply to Hugh_Fran)
Post #: 8
scottish actor - 18/6/2013 7:34:15 PM   
bluedub

yes because christopher lambert was so scottish

Post #: 9
RE: Scottish please - 18/6/2013 7:48:22 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

I thought Ryan Reynolds was Canadian?

(in reply to Hugh_Fran)
Post #: 10
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 18/6/2013 9:25:03 PM   
darkarius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Cast Gerard Butler as Connor Mcleod and Antonio Banderas as Ramirez and jobs a goodun!

Doesn't sound too bad. Banderas is getting on now. Maybe a touch young, but make up can sort that. Only thing I'm not too sure about with Butlers size. Last thing I saw him in he was still quite bulky. I for one don't really want to see a McLeod that's too big built. Other than that, butler could do pretty well I think.

Nostalgia isnt what it used to be.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 11
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 19/6/2013 4:16:07 PM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkarius

quote:

Doesn't sound too bad. Banderas is getting on now. Maybe a touch young, but make up can sort that. Only thing I'm not too sure about with Butlers size. Last thing I saw him in he was still quite bulky. I for one don't really want to see a McLeod that's too big built. Other than that, butler could do pretty well I think.

Could debulk. Thats nothing new in Hollywood....

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to darkarius)
Post #: 12
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 19/6/2013 4:55:58 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

quote:

quote:

Could always go with Ewan McGregor instead? He looks a little fresh faced though IMO........

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 13
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 19/6/2013 4:58:24 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

quote:

quote:

Could always go with Ewan McGregor instead? He looks a little fresh faced though IMO........

leave...now

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 14
RE: Scottish please - 19/6/2013 6:46:48 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

He is Canadian, yes, not American.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy
Lambert is French! I don't think it matters in the slightest so long as they can pull off a decent Scottish accent for the flashback scenes.

It would be better to have an actual Scotsman in the role for a change, though. At least then the accent would be authentic.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 15
RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander - 20/6/2013 5:48:23 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

Ewan McGregor would be perfect IMO.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 16
RE: Scottish please - 20/6/2013 9:17:58 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

He is Canadian, yes, not American.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

It would be better to have an actual Scotsman in the role for a change, though. At least then the accent would be authentic.

What say you about Colin Farrell ?. Would not be a stretch for Colin to do Scottish! or just change the story to an Irish Clan?. I just picture in my head the actor turning toward the camera (the end fight scene from original style) and saying " There can be only one!" . and quite frankly I get wood when I imagine Farrell delivering that line! I think he would own it !! Now.....who would make the best Kurgan!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 20/6/2013 9:25:42 AM >

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 17
RE: Scottish please - 20/6/2013 9:20:09 AM   
elab49

Someone short enough to go toe to toe to the quite short, and therefore possibly not entirely appropriate, Farrell?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 18
RE: Scottish please - 20/6/2013 9:28:49 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Someone short enough to go toe to toe to the quite short, and therefore possibly not entirely appropriate, Farrell?

Are you saying Farrell is too short!! I never considered him particularly short! how tall is he!. That would just make the casting of Kurgan easier surely! I would cast Joe Manganiello :) I want to see him play a bad guy! and they are clearly not going to do the right thing and cast him in the Assasins Creed movie so he needs the movie work damn it!!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 19
RE: Scottish please - 20/6/2013 9:30:22 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

HE IS 5FT 10" !! thats not short!!! I am 6ft! myself and do not consider 5,10 as short! I guess if are you like 6ft 5 or above then 5,10 might be considered short!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 20/6/2013 9:32:30 AM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 20
RE: Scottish please - 20/6/2013 9:42:37 AM   
elab49

That's a lot of exclamation marks

He doesn't look 5"10.

The reboot is pointless, a given. But I think they'd be missing a trick if they didn't consider recasting Clancy Brown.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 21
RE: Scottish please - 20/6/2013 9:49:35 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

That's a lot of exclamation marks

He doesn't look 5"10.

The reboot is pointless, a given. But I think they'd be missing a trick if they didn't consider recasting Clancy Brown.

I agree!. I would rather they spent the money remastering the original, removing the wires ffs! and redoing the other effects , especially in the end scene!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI