Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies - 18/6/2013 6:38:16 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Been here before... - 18/6/2013 6:38:16 AM   
leberridge

Didn't they lock in dates for the original Spider-man franchise up to a fourth installment? It seems a bit counter-productive to chain these big films to release dates (any film, really) because it usually ends up cutting into post-production time.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Been here before... - 18/6/2013 10:34:40 AM   
BelfastBoy

Could this be anything to do with rights? Marvel would quite happily take back the rights to the likes of X-Men, Fantastic 4, Spiderman etc - so do Sony have to be seen to be taking positive action to retain the Spiderman rights? In other words, if they don't make films on a regular basis, will the rights revert back to Marvel?

(in reply to leberridge)
Post #: 3
RE: Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies - 18/6/2013 11:30:32 AM   
a_man_and_his_monkey

This is good news. I liked the first one. Although not amazing or spectacular (puns intended) it was pretty good - the cast and the feel of it. The second one sounds promising and if rumours of a sinister six setup prove to be true, these movies could be great. Here's hoping.

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.

Post #: 4
RE: Been here before... - 18/6/2013 11:31:39 AM   
a_man_and_his_monkey

Although there are rights issues to be considered, I don't think they would have to output the movies as regular as 2 years apart.

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 5
how about - 18/6/2013 11:55:29 AM   
pulp_frankenstein

how about hobgoblin instead of green goblin AGAIN as that looks like the direction they r going. and the vulture wud be cool to see also

Post #: 6
That's not news ... - 18/6/2013 3:15:32 PM   
Nicky C

Empire, could you not use this space to tell us about something that we might not otherwise hear about? We're talking about a movie that comes out in 2018 FFS! How about telling us about a little indie movie that needs the support? 'Empire' is fast becoming the right name for you guys. You totally work FOR the studios these days, but you used to write for movie fans ...

Post #: 7
RE: That's not news ... - 18/6/2013 8:23:43 PM   
onafriday

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

Empire, could you not use this space to tell us about something that we might not otherwise hear about? We're talking about a movie that comes out in 2018 FFS! How about telling us about a little indie movie that needs the support? 'Empire' is fast becoming the right name for you guys. You totally work FOR the studios these days, but you used to write for movie fans ...

Couldn't agree more. Just recently stopped buying empire after being a loyal reader for well over a decade. Way to much time and energy is spent analysing big budget trailers. Nowhere near enough time looking at unheralded low budget/ foreign language gems. Chris Hewitt is the worst. I used to praise Empire for having its staff not made up of critics but of film lovers. Now it just seems to be full of clucking fan-boys/girls. And for a film magazine it spends waaaaaayyyyy to much time talking about TV shows/Video games/Comic books

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 8
- 18/6/2013 11:09:43 PM   
BenTramer

No surprise that they announced this after Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel have gone through the roof at the box office. The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't a great movie. Don't really like Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, The movie lacked the cast chemistry, humour and anarchic energy of the Raimi movies. Rhys Ifans was an utterly forgettable villain.

Post #: 9
RE: Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies - 19/6/2013 8:11:07 PM   
bydabeachman

I am quite confused with this.. The first movie was a chick flick, see here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8oTO8etzsk ... and the second one looks like it could make up for it, with the death of Gwen Stacy and Rhino, I am NOT looking forward to Electro, he looks ridiculous and highly doubt they will pull it off for him at least. Paul looks awesome as Rhino and I feel he will actually be the best part of the film. Andrew Garfield is a strange spiderman, he has the look, but the acting is not there, he bumbles more than he acts, he is a very flat character and I never thought I'd say that after Tobey, but here I go haha. I really hope they go more with the action of Spiderman and not just a peter parker centered film. I liked the romantic aspect of it from the comics, building the relationships to make it more difficult when they got captured or something happened to them.

Take the time to say your mind.

Sign Twirlers

Post #: 10
RE: Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies - 20/6/2013 9:52:55 AM   
Dannybohy

I really liked TASM ! thought the suit was especially great! a brave departure and looked kinda mean. everything about the sequel so far looks like a step backward , from the suit design to the casting! too many villains and Mary jane is kind of a moose!Infact I hear they are editing out her part in the sequel altogether!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to bydabeachman)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Sony Plans The Next Two Spider-Man Movies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI