Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Man Of Steel Sequel Ready To Fly

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Man Of Steel Sequel Ready To Fly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Man Of Steel Sequel Ready To Fly - 11/6/2013 9:33:34 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 11/6/2013 9:33:34 AM   
jmebaby25

I want the villain to be the giant spider that Kevin Smith had to include into his Superman script.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 11/6/2013 9:53:29 AM   
Greygor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmebaby25

I want the villain to be the giant spider that Kevin Smith had to include into his Superman script.

Thangarian Snare Beast

(in reply to jmebaby25)
Post #: 3
No Lex please, we're British! - 11/6/2013 10:25:26 AM   
Silvio Mugabe

As long as it ain't Lex Luthor then I'll be happy. Unless it's a really camp Superman movie then it'll be boring with ole slaphead. What's he gonna do? Destablise a multi-national company and Superman has to save their pensions! Or even better - rip off The Mandarin and he could be a super terrorist!

< Message edited by Silvio Mugabe -- 11/6/2013 10:28:18 AM >

Post #: 4
Don't base you're Luthor preconceptions on the movies... - 11/6/2013 10:48:15 AM   
partybee

read anything by Grant Morrison you'll quickly realise they can't continue without Luthor playing some sort of major role.

Post #: 5
How About Darkseid as a possible Villian - 11/6/2013 10:53:18 AM   
a_bananuka

I will confess I am not a comic expert, but how about Darkseid as a villian. I know Smallville used the villian in the last season, but they never did the character any justice and completely balls it up and the character appearing in a future fillm would sound great. Doomsday as a villian sounds to soon to bring on, in the sense he would be good in a 3rd superman film under the guidance of Goyer/Nolan/Sydner. Brainiac sounds a little complex as he managed to reduce the city of Kandor in a bottle.

Post #: 6
Justice league forward thinking - 11/6/2013 11:43:14 AM   
Samurai7

If DC/Warners have sorted their shit out... and they are seriously considering a justice leaue movie - then it has to effect or at least lead on from these Man of Steel movies. the idea of different characters and no contiuity for a JLA movie is pants!

With that in mind the best villlain that would warrant all the heroes of the JLA attention is Darkseid. Leave Darkseid for JLA and get Lex on this one. Would like to a seriously sinister Lex.

Post #: 7
Hold your horses - 11/6/2013 11:47:10 AM   
darthmhall101

Lets just see if Man of Steel is any good first shall we!!

Post #: 8
Spoiler Alert??? - 11/6/2013 12:57:49 PM   
dougwatsonuk

So for those of us that have not yet seen the film....I take it General Zod dies in Man of Steel as he is not a possibility for a villan in the sequel??

Lex Luther would be the most likely option, but they have to be very careful how they do it as all previous LL have been very comic booky. With Nolan attached I have no doubt he will mke sure it fits in with the Man of Steel universe.

I am not convinced a justice league film will work. They should stay clear of it and keep the Dark Knight and man of Steel films on their own.

Post #: 9
RE: Hold your horses - 11/6/2013 1:05:41 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: darthmhall101

Lets just see if Man of Steel is any good first shall we!!

Call me synical but I think 'if Man of Steel is any good' is very low on studio's priority list; its about if it makes enough money to warrant green lighting a sequel before the first has even hit cinemas.

Personally I think this is where sequels start failing; when people are contractually tied into doing them as I think they lose passion. I would much rather the Nolan/Batman route where nobody (but Christian Bale and one or two other supporting roles) were contractually tied into sequels and if the writer/director can make a good sequel then they do so - irrispective of the spectacular box office of the previous film.

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to darthmhall101)
Post #: 10
Gotta be Luthor, but he needs a henchman - 11/6/2013 3:41:43 PM   
lsdbaby

Luthor is so much more complex than has been portrayed in films so far. I think Brian Azzarello wrote "Lex Luthor: Man of Steel" that explains how Luthor genuinely believes he is a hero, in his own messed up, racist, egotistical fashion. He deserves a good crack at bringing down the Man of Steel. Maybe with Metallo as his henchman so we can see some more super collateral damage!

Post #: 11
Sequel? the 1st movie has to live up to expectations - 14/6/2013 7:10:16 PM   
Eider

According to a recent review from Fox News, Man of Steel might not live up to a sequel.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/06/12/man-steel-review-special-effects-overkill-thin-story-ground-latest-superman/
I must agree with the guy that the director might have taken the wrong direction with the movie. I can´t wait to watch and have my own perception of the movie.

Post #: 12
RE: Sequel? the 1st movie has to live up to expectations - 15/6/2013 6:21:56 AM   
LordReserei

Just please, no more Lex for a while. I know he is much more complex than he's been portrayed in past films. But I still feel like there are more characters we can bring to the table. Maybe we can bring Lex along in another installment, maybe the third (if we get lucky).

As much as I do love the new "Man of Steel" film, I kind of wish they had picked another villain for it too.

(in reply to Eider)
Post #: 13
we need luthor and someone else - 15/6/2013 10:08:17 AM   
joshsym

To me lex luthor is a good viilain to have as the side, but having him as the man villain to me would not work as that was part of the problem with SUperman returns. If they have him and darkseid or with Brainiac then that would better

Post #: 14
Luthor / Magneto - 16/6/2013 10:13:14 PM   
danielthompson99

Come on guys. Give us a break ! X-Men have far more villains than Magneto (APOCALYPSE! Sinister !) and old blue has more enemies than simple old Lex.
Watch Smallville re-runs if that's what you want.
I WANT DOOMSDAY !

Post #: 15
RE: Man Of Steel Sequel Ready To Fly - 17/6/2013 8:57:03 PM   
bydabeachman

Zod made complete sense in this first installment to establish his character. We know from the easter eggs Lex is going to play a big part in what is to come, but they way it seems they are going to do it, is have Lex as the puppet master and have him be controlling certain villans but be the one truly in control. I would love to see some of the pantheon of villans come out, but know we need to save the good ones for Justice League. With the new mythos I feel they can introduce Batman and the rest of the crew and involve them directly. DC has to take a different approach than Marvel in their franchise, No after movie credit sequence, and in my opinion I think they will have they movies feature other superheros within them. I can see a Batman/Superman team up movie, possibly before a Justice League. I am excited the route they have available to them. I wish Man of Steel had more than easter eggs and actual characters. Just one scene of Superman sitting on top of a building after saving the day and you hear Superman say," i know you are they Bruce." and Batman comes out of the darkness and says to Superman, "You owe me satellite." Superman just smiles as Batman scowls as it pans back and shows them watching over the city. ALT: Superman saves some people, we find out they are from Gotham, and Batman says to him, "Stay out of my city." so many ways to go about it, but I am excited to see their dynamic.

Take the time to say your mind.

Sign Twirlers

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Man Of Steel Sequel Ready To Fly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI