Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

So many Four-Star reviews!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> So many Four-Star reviews! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So many Four-Star reviews! - 11/6/2013 8:46:09 AM   
luccewada

Iron Man 3, STID, Man of Steel.
I feel like we're not going to see any five-star reviews of major films this Summer, except maybe Elysium or World's End!
STID should have gotten 5, in my opinion!

"Why is there a crop duster dusting where there ain't no crops?"
Read my film reviews at http://buzzhub.tk or follow me @mr_lucien
Post #: 1
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 11/6/2013 9:09:41 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: luccewada

I feel like we're not going to see any five-star reviews of major films this Summer, except maybe Elysium or World's End!

Three key words there.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to luccewada)
Post #: 2
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 11/6/2013 10:15:38 AM   
MonsterCat

I fail to see the problem here.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 3
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 11/6/2013 3:07:04 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

wolverine is out this summer

(in reply to luccewada)
Post #: 4
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 11/6/2013 8:09:11 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

They were going to give Man Of Steel 5 stars, but apparently Superman doesnt hide in the bushes outside Lois' house, use his x ray vision to spy on her, and sneak into her childs bedroom without her knowing.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 13/6/2013 8:48:11 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to luccewada)
Post #: 5
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 13/6/2013 3:44:17 PM   
dseys

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

They were going to give Man Of Steel 5 stars, but apparently Superman doesnt hide in the bushes outside her house, use his x ray vision to spy on her, and sneak into her childs bedroom without her knowing.

Hahahaha! You made me laugh. I thought Man Of Steel would be the 5-star blockbuster of this summer. Maybe, if it has a HUGE success, they'll add another star, just like they did for The Avengers or Skyfall.

Oh and Wolverine, hum, it looks more like a 3-star thing.

The big mystery here is The Lone Ranger. Remember, no one expected the 1st Pirates and it got 5 star!

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 6
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 13/6/2013 8:49:22 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: dseys

quote:

quote:

They were going to give Man Of Steel 5 stars, but apparently Superman doesnt hide in the bushes outside her house, use his x ray vision to spy on her, and sneak into her childs bedroom without her knowing.

Hahahaha! You made me laugh. I thought Man Of Steel would be the 5-star blockbuster of this summer. Maybe, if it has a HUGE success, they'll add another star, just like they did for The Avengers or Skyfall.

The big mystery here is The Lone Ranger. Remember, no one expected the 1st Pirates and it got 5 star!

Yeah they tend to add an extra star later on if a film makes a billion dollars.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to dseys)
Post #: 7
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 14/6/2013 10:22:38 AM   
dseys

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dseys

quote:

quote:

Yeah they tend to add an extra star later on if a film makes a billion dollars * .

* unless it's a Michael Bay movie!

Post #: 8
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 14/6/2013 7:59:39 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I fail to see the problem here.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 15/6/2013 9:21:40 AM   
luccewada

Shaun and Hot Fuzz both got 4 originally, but were later featured on the Greatest All Time list, so maybe Empire will realise that The World's End deserves the extra star!
The Lone Ranger looks very different to Pirates, and I feel that, while it will be fun, it'll get 3 stars (as will Wolverine). Kick-Ass 2, Elysium and Pacific Rim could all be in with a chance for 5, I think.

"Why is there a crop duster dusting where there ain't no crops?"
Read my film reviews at http://buzzhub.tk or follow me @mr_lucien

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 10
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 15/6/2013 11:50:25 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

The Lone Ranger looks very different to Pirates, and I feel that, while it will be fun, it'll get 3 stars (as will Wolverine). Kick-Ass 2, Elysium and Pacific Rim could all be in with a chance for 5, I think.

Do you know tonight's lottery numbers per chance?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to luccewada)
Post #: 11
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 15/6/2013 7:21:45 PM   
dseys

quote:

Shaun and Hot Fuzz both got 4 originally, but were later featured on the Greatest All Time list, so maybe Empire will realise that The World's End deserves the extra star!

Kick Ass 2 could ass well be a huge disappointment... From the trailers it doesn't look as smart and clever as the 1st one. Remember The Bourne Legacy? Who would've thought it would get 2/5?

The same applies to Pacific Rim, which looks like Battleship to me. A massive, undelicate, CGI fest.

(in reply to luccewada)
Post #: 12
RE: So many Four-Star reviews! - 26/6/2013 2:51:18 AM   
The Fonz

quote:

quote:

They were going to give Man Of Steel 5 stars, but apparently Superman doesnt hide in the bushes outside Lois' house, use his x ray vision to spy on her, and sneak into her childs bedroom without her knowing.

And his.

Sit on it

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Magazine >> So many Four-Star reviews! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI