Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: What overated films will be future duds?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What overated films will be future duds? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 2:51:06 PM   
MonsterCat

You may not agree with ZDT's account of the war on terror, but to suggest that people will eventually come round to seeing it your way is presumptuous and arrogant. And why would you expect people to come round to your view anyway?

Look, I was absolutely bored rigid by Scott Pilgrim, I thought it was a painfully dull and hip bit of hollow crap, but never in a million years would I expect everyone to come round to my way of thinking.

I'm also an Expendables fan and I nightly wank off to the thought of Terry Crews firing off his big gun.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 121
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 2:51:26 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebel scum

If the only saving grace of a film is visual effects, it's a dud. The Star Wars prequels still have pretty decent visual effects, but they're seen as duds since everything else is terrible. Same for Transformers and the POTC films post-Black Pearl.
Some people had a very different reaction to Life of Pi than me and were claiming it's a deep and layered story about God or some shit. I disagree and find the film shallow even compared to the book, but I'm not going to argue that in ten years everyone who felt that way is suddenly going to go "Wait a minute! Life of Pi sucked!"

I'm not gonna argue with you about it mate - I think its awful. I just think it's the kind of film people will love regardless years down the line...like Titanic
It captured the public's imagination and the critics loved it
The minority of people who didn't like it like you and me will always be just that, the minority

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 122
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 2:53:36 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChudMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Zero Dark Thirty is due to its political significance...in 10 years time I believe people will look back at it as a vacuous account of a very major political event...the whole War On Terror is a subject that is rife for any number of movies and I'm sure better will come along in the future making Zero Dark Thirty an insignificant blip in the history of cinema

That's pretty presumptuous and just a touch arrogant. That's pretty much the problem I had with Dannybohy's post.

How is it arrogant? I just believe there will be better, more in depth accounts of the whole affair that will make Zero Dark Thirty redundant...just like how we learn more and more about our past and people write better and better history books about the events

Or you could argue that a more recent account of an event like this is more valid and trustworthy, as opposed to accounts in years to come where myth and whitewash could take prcedence over fact.

you certainly could but you can argue that people in positions of power have more ability to cover up the truth around a recent event....they don't always have that luxury in the future

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 123
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 2:57:39 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

You may not agree with ZDT's account of the war on terror, but to suggest that people will eventually come round to seeing it your way is presumptuous and arrogant. And why would you expect people to come round to your view anyway?
Look, I was absolutely bored rigid by Scott Pilgrim, I thought it was a painfully dull and hip bit of hollow crap, but never in a million years would I expect everyone to come round to my way of thinking.

I'm also an Expendables fan and I nightly wank off to the thought of Terry Crews firing off his big gun.

I'm not suggesting they come round to my way of thinking - I just think that we are very likely to see other accounts of the War On Terror in the future that aren't quite so unwilling to critique certain elements of the build up to Bin Laden's death

People will make up their own minds about those events when offered up various representations of the events. My belief is that there will be better accounts than ZDT and people will then not look on it as such a masterpiece

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 124
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 2:59:01 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

I'm not suggesting they come round to my way of thinking

quote:

My belief is that there will be better accounts than ZDT and people will then not look on it as such a masterpiece

You might do better if you proof-read these things before posting them.

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 125
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 2:59:45 PM   
MonsterCat

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall here, so I'm respectfully bowing out. : )

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 126
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 3:01:34 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall here, so I'm respectfully bowing out. : )

I WIN

Now that's arrogance

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 127
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 3:10:04 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

I'm not suggesting they come round to my way of thinking

quote:

My belief is that there will be better accounts than ZDT and people will then not look on it as such a masterpiece

You might do better if you proof-read these things before posting them.

Fair do! I mean MAY not look on it as such a masterpiece - I didn't proof read - I don't have time

I'm not suggesting they have to or they (as in the general public who love the movie) definitely will change their opinion...I just think that in the future Zero Dark Thirty will be overshadowed by other films made about the subject.

Currently Zero Dark Thirty is very highly regarded
My own personal opinion is that is overrated by the general public and critics for the reasons I have mentioned before
I therefore think that may be in the future Zero Dark Thirty might not be so highly regarded by the general public and critics when other films are produced that discuss / critique the same or similar events
I will not be swinging from the rafters shouting "I TOLD YOU SO" because I will have completely forgotten about this movie.
All I was doing was commenting on a thread that asked What overrated films will be future duds?
I have stated a film that I believe is "overrated" - I have given a reason why I think it is overrated (which is to say that it has flaws which I don't think deserve the plaudits it has received)
I have also stated a possible "future" that would make it possible for this film to be classed as a "dud"

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 128
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 3:59:35 PM   
horribleives

Okay, I've got a question for ChudMonkey, Cool Breeze and the other one. Are there any popular, acclaimed films you watched in the past (as an adult) and loved but have now realised you 'overrated' and were actually terrible?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 129
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 4:19:58 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Okay, I've got a question for ChudMonkey, Cool Breeze and the other one. Are there any popular, acclaimed films you watched in the past (as an adult) and loved but have now realised you 'overrated' and were actually terrible?

Yep:

Superman Returns - was a popular and acclaimed movie which I genuinely loved when I saw it at the cinema. Last time I tried to watch it I fell asleep half way through - it really is very very dull

Terminator 2 - popular opinion says it's probably the best in the franchise. I loved it when it came out and watched it over and over again. I watch it now and cringe at every scene with Arnie in. The Terminator is my all time favourite movie....I can't stand any of the sequels

But this isn't the point of the thread this is just my opinion changing....

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 130
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 4:45:34 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Yep:

Superman Returns - was a popular and acclaimed movie which I genuinely loved when I saw it at the cinema. Last time I tried to watch it I fell asleep half way through - it really is very very dull

Terminator 2 - popular opinion says it's probably the best in the franchise. I loved it when it came out and watched it over and over again. I watch it now and cringe at every scene with Arnie in. The Terminator is my all time favourite movie....I can't stand any of the sequels

What's the difference?

< Message edited by horribleives -- 12/6/2013 4:46:08 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 131
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 5:24:16 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep:

What's the difference?

These are films that I don't like...not "duds" - you just asked what films I think are terrible that I originally liked

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

Post #: 132
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 5:29:44 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Wow! that must make you the most dedicated Fanboy I have ever come across . So, are you saying you will defend with great vigour pretty much any movie someone says is overrated?.

No, I'll simply point out that calling a movie overrated is absurd. And as I'm yet to defend a film at any point during this thread, could you please tell me who or what I'm supposed to be a fanboy of?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 133
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 5:32:51 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep:

What's the difference?

These are films that I don't like...not "duds" - you just asked what films I think are terrible that I originally liked

Sorry, what I meant was, what's the difference between your opinion changing and people realising that a film they once liked is actually a 'dud'?

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 134
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 5:58:13 PM   
Squidward Hark Bugle

The Dark Knight

Post #: 135
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 6:14:16 PM   
justfontaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

The Dark Knight

Sorry, really don't see this one at all. I'm not even a staunch defender of the Nolan Batman movies (Although I am a fan) but we are five years on, quite a considerable time now, from the initial cinematic release and TDK is looked on in a very favourable manner. A 94% RT score along with a 9/10 IMDB score prove, that along with many other reviews, it is a film that has already gone down a raging success. While there may be detractors about the film's quality (which of course is expected, after all it's an opinion), to suggest that it is or will be considered a 'dud' critically or commercially and renowned for being such a thing, is, quite frankly, nonsensical.

'I always felt it was supposed to be a revival meeting, a circus, a dance hall and a political rally and all those things are rolled into what you present... and that was rock 'n' roll for me'

The Boss

(in reply to Squidward Hark Bugle)
Post #: 136
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 7:56:45 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you disagree so wholeheartedly with what this thread is about then why bother coming on here and leaving so many pedantic statements on the nature on what overrated means?

I think it's important, pedantic or not, as the thread is specifically about films that are apparently overrated, a word to which enough importance has been attributed for it to have its own thread, even though it's just another list of recent films that people don't like. To suggest that contributors are going beyond that somehow is disingenuous. It's just the same old shit that belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread, a thread which has more in common with the notion of a supposedly overrated film because it invites the poster to express a view that might contradict so-called mass opinion. The word overrated belongs in there because it's a base and simple-minded criticism. Keep it there. Why make a seperate thread that just recycles the same shit under the pretence of a differently worded banner?

You see that is where my opinion of what this thread is about differs from the opinions of folks who keep coming on here and criticising posters for calling films overrated.

The Unpopular Opinion thread is where I would post about films that I might think are good or bad that contradicts the popular opinion of the public, critics and the movie industry in general. So for instance, I would be able to post that I think The Lord Of The Rings is an awful set of films in that thread but would not post it in this thread.....
Why Not?
Well, I may hate Lord Of The Rings Trilogy but I am under no illusion that they will ever be seen as "duds" - my opinion of the films will never become the popular opinion...hence it is relevant for me to post that opinion in the unpopular opinion thread.

With films like The Impossible or Zero Dark Thirty my opinion is still that they are awful films and it is my belief that in the fullness of time others will also see that they are not as good as the public, critics and movie industry in general see them to be right now.

So, this is not just a list of recent films that people don't like....there's plenty of recent films that are deemed great films that I don't like but I think people will always love those films - the films posted about on this thread are films that currently people love but have the potential (in the posters opinion) to be less loved in the future.

Therefore, those films are overrated currently and have the potential to be duds In the future.....this is only the opinion of the poster, the poster is not criticising anyone who thinks differently...they are just looking at current films that are universally loved that, in the future, may be re-evaluated by the public, critics and the movie industry in general. You see I BELIEVE that The Impossible and Zero Dark Thirty are overrated (and I don't see why it's such a problem for me to have that opinion) and I BELIEVE in the future they will be seen as duds.

Now admittedly the wording of the thread title is not what I would have chosen...I would probably have said "Which films that most people love now do you think will be seen differently in ten years time" (just an example of how I might have worded it - don't leap on this and start tearing it apart) - it fundamentally invites posters to offer opinions in the same way that this current thread title does but without using this "controversial" word overrated.

Superman Returns for instance is a great example of such a film that followed this pattern...5 star reviews, excellent box office (more than Batman Begins I read somewhere but have no idea if that is true or not) but over time it is now considered something of a misstep and, in general, not a great film....(I'm sure someone is going to come on here now and tell me that Superman Returns is amazing - to which I say, yes it is ...I love it...I'm talking about the popular opinion) So, an overrated film that in the future was deemed a dud....just as the thread title suggests

Can we get on with the business of having a discussion about films now....

Chudmonkey i want to thank you for describing what the essence of what this thread is about in a possibly better manner than i could.Some people here still dont get that im not attacking their favourite films and saying they are '' wrong ''.I am just asking what in their OPINION what films ( whether they like them or not ) they believe to be currently overrated and why they think they will eventually not be held in such high regard in years to come.

Regarding Superman Returns, well i am biased because i never liked it, but i think despite the box office success and good critical reviews ( many of which possibly never read a Superman comic in their lives ), its seen to be rather embarassing and ridiculed now.Certainly the fact that it never got a sequel and the franchise was instead rebooted seven years later suggests WB would prefer we forget it ever happened.

But thats just my opinion.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 137
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 8:07:36 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

TDKR. Just wait and see

So who - other than people such as yourself who currently dislike it - is going to think it's a dud in years to come?

Lots of people, they will watch the trilogy thru in years to come and realise when they get to TDKR that is was just an inferior copy of TDK but nowhere near as good and in so many ways completely inferior and plain dreadful!. They will watch every seen with Alfred and Bruce in and just laugh at how unnecessary, overwritten , hammy and corny those particular scenes are! (they should be doing this now mind). Tom Hardy was wasted and the Bane character , apart from some amusing quips was completely short changed and underdeveloped.

See i dont actually have a problem with Dannybohys opinion here.I disagree with it strongly of course since im a big fan of the trilogy but at least he has given his opinion why he thinks it will not be held in high regard in years to come.It doesnt necessarily mean hes right but thats what the topic of this thread is all about, getting peoples opinons on different movies.

HOWEVER..since it is well known that Dannybohy is a Nolan hater, it could be argued his opinion is rather biased.I would like to know what movies people here like but still think may not stand the test of time critically.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 138
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 8:17:15 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

Carlitos Way.

I really loved it when i first saw it.It got a lot of critical acclaim but i dont think its really very good now.Al Pacinos acting is really over the top ( even for him! ).Penelope Ann miller is awful and some of the dialogue is awful.I also think its really stupid how they show Carlito getting shot RIGHT AT THE VERY START OF THE MOVIE so the extended climax isnt really very exciting since we all know Carlito aint gonna make it.

Post #: 139
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 8:55:31 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Carlitos Way.

I really loved it when i first saw it.It got a lot of critical acclaim but i dont think its really very good now.Al Pacinos acting is really over the top ( even for him! ).Penelope Ann miller is awful and some of the dialogue is awful.I also think its really stupid how they show Carlito getting shot RIGHT AT THE VERY START OF THE MOVIE so the extended climax isnt really very exciting since we all know Carlito aint gonna make it.

I know,I had the same problem with Citizen Kane, American Beauty, The Sixth Sense, Sunset Boulevard, the Star Wars prequels...

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 140
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 9:34:26 PM   
Mr Gittes

*after reading the first three pages of the thread* http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 141
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 10:11:48 PM   
tommyjarvis

Are we "allowed" to call films underrated or is that wildly presumptuous and arrogant as well?

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 142
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 12/6/2013 10:25:50 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

Are we "allowed" to call films underrated or is that wildly presumptuous and arrogant as well?

I think 'underrated' as a term is regularly misused in conjunction with 'overlooked', ie films that don't get widespread acclaim for various reasons that aren't necessarily due to whether people thought it was good or not (it might just not have a wide appeal, bad marketing, the director made better-known films etc). As such, most 'underrated' films are not underrated at all, and they generally get 'rated' by the small amount of people who saw it.

To use the term 'underrated' literally, ie to suggest that people who dislike it are wrong to do so because it's actually good or whatever, is applying the same faux-objectivity as 'overrated' though. so to answer your question, kind of?

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 143
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 12:33:00 PM   
ChudMonkey

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you disagree so wholeheartedly with what this thread is about then why bother coming on here and leaving so many pedantic statements on the nature on what overrated means?

I think it's important, pedantic or not, as the thread is specifically about films that are apparently overrated, a word to which enough importance has been attributed for it to have its own thread, even though it's just another list of recent films that people don't like. To suggest that contributors are going beyond that somehow is disingenuous. It's just the same old shit that belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread, a thread which has more in common with the notion of a supposedly overrated film because it invites the poster to express a view that might contradict so-called mass opinion. The word overrated belongs in there because it's a base and simple-minded criticism. Keep it there. Why make a seperate thread that just recycles the same shit under the pretence of a differently worded banner?

You see that is where my opinion of what this thread is about differs from the opinions of folks who keep coming on here and criticising posters for calling films overrated.

The Unpopular Opinion thread is where I would post about films that I might think are good or bad that contradicts the popular opinion of the public, critics and the movie industry in general. So for instance, I would be able to post that I think The Lord Of The Rings is an awful set of films in that thread but would not post it in this thread.....
Why Not?
Well, I may hate Lord Of The Rings Trilogy but I am under no illusion that they will ever be seen as "duds" - my opinion of the films will never become the popular opinion...hence it is relevant for me to post that opinion in the unpopular opinion thread.

With films like The Impossible or Zero Dark Thirty my opinion is still that they are awful films and it is my belief that in the fullness of time others will also see that they are not as good as the public, critics and movie industry in general see them to be right now.

So, this is not just a list of recent films that people don't like....there's plenty of recent films that are deemed great films that I don't like but I think people will always love those films - the films posted about on this thread are films that currently people love but have the potential (in the posters opinion) to be less loved in the future.

Therefore, those films are overrated currently and have the potential to be duds In the future.....this is only the opinion of the poster, the poster is not criticising anyone who thinks differently...they are just looking at current films that are universally loved that, in the future, may be re-evaluated by the public, critics and the movie industry in general. You see I BELIEVE that The Impossible and Zero Dark Thirty are overrated (and I don't see why it's such a problem for me to have that opinion) and I BELIEVE in the future they will be seen as duds.

Now admittedly the wording of the thread title is not what I would have chosen...I would probably have said "Which films that most people love now do you think will be seen differently in ten years time" (just an example of how I might have worded it - don't leap on this and start tearing it apart) - it fundamentally invites posters to offer opinions in the same way that this current thread title does but without using this "controversial" word overrated.

Superman Returns for instance is a great example of such a film that followed this pattern...5 star reviews, excellent box office (more than Batman Begins I read somewhere but have no idea if that is true or not) but over time it is now considered something of a misstep and, in general, not a great film....(I'm sure someone is going to come on here now and tell me that Superman Returns is amazing - to which I say, yes it is ...I love it...I'm talking about the popular opinion) So, an overrated film that in the future was deemed a dud....just as the thread title suggests

Chudmonkey i want to thank you for describing what the essence of what this thread is about in a possibly better manner than i could.Some people here still dont get that im not attacking their favourite films and saying they are '' wrong ''.I am just asking what in their OPINION what films ( whether they like them or not ) they believe to be currently overrated and why they think they will eventually not be held in such high regard in years to come.

Regarding Superman Returns, well i am biased because i never liked it, but i think despite the box office success and good critical reviews ( many of which possibly never read a Superman comic in their lives ), its seen to be rather embarassing and ridiculed now.Certainly the fact that it never got a sequel and the franchise was instead rebooted seven years later suggests WB would prefer we forget it ever happened.

No problem - I was getting a bit bored of the constant inability to discuss a simple topic

It all descended into Dic(k)tionary Corner

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 144
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 1:03:58 PM   
great_badir

quote:

That's what it's called in the porn version of Countdown, right? The porn version being:
Countdown

< Message edited by great_badir -- 13/6/2013 1:04:40 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 145
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 1:05:11 PM   
great_badir

I'm genuinely proud of that.

Little things, etc...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 146
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 1:27:53 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why Not?

No problem - I was getting a bit bored of the constant inability to discuss a simple topic

Not half as bored as the rest of us are at the constant inability to grasp a simple concept.
For the last time:

Saying you personally weren't keen on a film, disliked it or thought it was rubbish is expressing an opinion.

Saying a film is overrated is suggesting the opinion of those who do rate it is wrong and it's actually not as good as they think it is.

Saying in years to come people who like the film will come around to your way of thinking and realise they got it wrong is ridiculous and arrogant.

Okay, I'll leave you to it now.

(in reply to ChudMonkey)
Post #: 147
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 1:35:11 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

That's what it's called in the porn version of Countdown, right? The porn version being:
Countdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PNSWm_CFYY

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 148
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 1:38:11 PM   
great_badir

Heh.

Though the rest of the program was pretty awful, this is still amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHmWniKL5k

Anyways, apologies for the major hijack.

< Message edited by great_badir -- 13/6/2013 1:39:19 PM >

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 149
RE: What overated films will be future duds? - 13/6/2013 2:11:54 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

What do you mean 'allowed'? I don't see anyone stopping you.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: What overated films will be future duds? Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI