Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Final Man Of Steel Trailer Lands

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Final Man Of Steel Trailer Lands Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Final Man Of Steel Trailer Lands - 6/6/2013 6:13:14 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Cool - 6/6/2013 6:13:14 PM   
klepto4

Yep certainly looking good, but abit short of cash at mo :(, so may have to wait until the blu-ray is out at the end of the year... Too much shown? Nah, just whets the appetite further for me

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Oo oo! - 6/6/2013 6:47:16 PM   
Porter

Looks like a good ol' fashion summer blockbuster. Ready for it. Liked IM3 but I've always belonged to the DC heroes (although Thor can turn a boy's head).. Don't care how bad it ends up being (and I'm optimistic that won't be the case) it's gotta be better than Superman Returds (liked Routh, hated the rehashed Donner tone. Kate Bosworth? Talk about a charisma bypass. And Kevin Spacey as Lex shoulda been director-proof. What a shame his big plan was growing rocks). Looking forward to seeing Russell Crowe growl, Costner embodying the American way, and Cavill giving good Supes. Amy Adams is a rocking good Lois too.

Post #: 3
This had better be 3 hours long! - 6/6/2013 7:14:27 PM   
Nerps

With everything shown so far, i'm just a little concerned about the level of cram going on. I'd really like for the plot and the big character moments have enough time to play out properly as well as all the bonkers looking action! Still super excited!

Post #: 4
even though Zak S... - 6/6/2013 8:02:02 PM   
tysmuse

hasn't made a good film since Dawn of the Dead remake. I'm very excited about this.

Post #: 5
- 6/6/2013 8:13:18 PM   
SiD300

FUCK ME!

Post #: 6
RE: - 6/6/2013 9:25:44 PM   
belcher77

This is looking sooo great.

Warners are really doing the business with the trailers for this movie. Some great new action here.

Nice to see some new Russell Crowe and Diane Lane footage as well.

They have really done well to make Diane Lane look so... Martha Kent - like.

(in reply to SiD300)
Post #: 7
looks awesome-Already top ticket seller this year - 6/6/2013 9:53:04 PM   
joshsym

looks really good. reports are coming in that man of steel is selling more tickets at this stage than any other blockbuster this year. so we could potentially have an even bigger opening than Iron man 3

Post #: 8
RE: looks awesome-Already top ticket seller this year - 6/6/2013 9:56:14 PM   
belcher77

This is looking sooo good. Can it really live up to the trailers and buzz? Yep, I think it can
Great cast too... Costner, Crowe, Fishburne, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, and of course Henry Cavill.

Interesting feature on what the stars of the new Superman movie "MAN OF STEEL" are worth.

And it is BIG bucks!

http://voices.yahoo.com/celebrity-net-worth-man-steel-henry-cavill-kevin-12159645.html?cat=40

(in reply to joshsym)
Post #: 9
looks awesome-Already top ticket seller this year - 6/6/2013 9:57:15 PM   
joshsym

looks really good. reports are coming in that man of steel is selling more tickets at this stage than any other blockbuster this year. so we could potentially have an even bigger opening than Iron man 3

Post #: 10
Cannae wait! - 6/6/2013 11:26:42 PM   
robouisch

I've never understood the love for the Reeves Superman films. They have that horrible 70's cheeseball look and feel that always makes me feel ever so slightly sick. Even as a wee bairn, they made me feel a bit eurgh. And that Singer effort was just smelly! I've never liked a single Superman film. I've never actually liked Superman, when I think about it. But this looks absolutely chuffing awesome, duuuuude!!!!!! I've not been this excited about a film since Promethe.... oh.

Post #: 11
fap fap fap - 7/6/2013 8:25:36 AM   
Samurai7

jizzzzzzzzzz

Post #: 12
Hmm... - 7/6/2013 9:40:06 AM   
waltham1979

Well poke me in the bum and call me Geoff that looks like good, manly fun!!

Post #: 13
RE: - 7/6/2013 9:41:19 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiD300

FUCK ME!

Not really in the mood...

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to SiD300)
Post #: 14
Already in love with the film..... - 7/6/2013 10:18:57 AM   
drico

it just looks fucking terrific...

Post #: 15
RE: - 7/6/2013 10:20:38 AM   
ChudMonkey

The earlier trailer with the two "Dad" speeches from Costner and Crowe gave me goosebumps - probably the first time that has happened since The Phantom Menace first trailer (I know the film was awful...but the anticipation was something wasn't it?)
This trailer is pretty epic but not quite as impactful....still I absolutely cannot wait....Never been a Superman fan but this looks like it might change my opinion

Top 10 of 2013 so far:
1. Mud
2. Philomena
3. Before Midnight
4. The Way Way Back
5. Spring Breakers
6. In The House
7. Django Unchained
8. Only God Forgives
9. Tattoo Nation
10. Iron Man 3

(in reply to waltham1979)
Post #: 16
Man Of Steel - 7/6/2013 10:35:22 AM   
AquaDragon2K

Holy crap on a cracker - this looks bonkers!

Post #: 17
looking good...maybe too good - 7/6/2013 11:17:50 AM   
neil896

can't wait for empires review on this....and to watch it! roll on IMAX 15th June! Back seats baby!!!!

Post #: 18
another thing.....! - 7/6/2013 11:21:19 AM   
neil896

please don't turn out like phantom menace! fantastic hype bulid...shocking film! soo bad with one of the most wasted characters ever in Darth Maul! Shannon, Nolan, Fishburn, coster,Crowe..its must be good!

Post #: 19
RE: another thing.....! - 7/6/2013 11:26:26 AM   
Willy Wood

I really have zilch excitment for this film, the basic idea of Superman flying about does nothing for me.

(in reply to neil896)
Post #: 20
Looking Good, Supes - 7/6/2013 4:48:19 PM   
BenTramer

That's the best trailer yet, I especially like the scenes with Russell Crowe on Krypton and his scenes with Michael Shannon's General Zod. It's the 75th anniversary year of Superman, I hope they do this great character and his audience justice.

Post #: 21
RE: Looking Good, Supes - 7/6/2013 5:26:19 PM   
Goutetsu

Crikey. I can't fault Snyder's eye for visual flair. I admit that I thought he the wrong man for the job when the announcement first hit a year or so back. Snyder is a man of good ideas but I always think of him as a so-so storyteller. What I can't fault is his sense of vision. It's absolutely mind-boggling.

But, action sequences and eye-candy aside, I can't be the only person here who has some reservations about what appears to be major deviations in the origin story to the point where the Man of Steel's central motivations could be warped and darkened beyond all recognition. Jor-El alive and dispensing daddy advice to his adult son? Pa Kent suspicious by his absence throughout the trailer? Are we seeing the birth of a 'Zod killed my parents' storyline, because that would actually irritate me. Revenge is about as far removed from blueboy's modus operandi as you can get. He's not Batman. And, no matter what Brian Singer tells you, he isn't Jesus either. If there is a biblical character-equivalent to the man in tights then it's Moses. Upping the dramatic stakes by having Zod murder one (or perhaps both?) of his daddy figures would demonstrate a lack of understanding of the reason that this superhero exists.

I'm not precious about Superman, and I'm certainly not suggesting that film-makers have to be faithful to the source material at the expense of audience relevancy or even good film-making. But surely getting the heart of your character right is more important than any residual Nolan dollars that might be lurking about in the wake of the success of his Batman trilogy.

< Message edited by Goutetsu -- 7/6/2013 5:29:01 PM >

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 22
Stupor Man - 7/6/2013 7:28:10 PM   
galenurko

This looks dreadful.CGI'd to buggery, fight scenes that look like Tom and Jerry. Don't hold your breath for JLA if it depends on this crapfest.

Post #: 23
- 7/6/2013 8:16:58 PM   
TheGodfather

This is going to be Epic with a capital E!

Post #: 24
- 7/6/2013 11:20:14 PM   
theonering

I'm glad this is the last trailer. Just wanna see this film already. Can't fricking wait. I was mega excited for Batman last year. This tops that by a mile. In Zack we trust. Shannon is gonna be superb as Zod.

Post #: 25
looks fun - 8/6/2013 9:08:15 AM   
leroythemasochist

and i'll go see it but i'm pretty much done with the whole comic book movie thing.
to see some guy smash into a building and lift trucks and school buses is all well and good but...(and I'm a BIG fan of blockbusters and action) i'd like a bit more reality once in a while.
meanwhile i await Ep7!! (shoots self in foot)

Post #: 26
Holy super underpants! - 8/6/2013 9:29:48 AM   
darktrain

Felt the previous trailers were lacking something..this has finally changed my mind and i will now be going to see this.Just looks like a brilliant summer blockbuster type film!

Post #: 27
Already in love with the film..... - 8/6/2013 1:05:59 PM   
drico

it just looks fucking terrific...

Post #: 28
RE: Looking Good, Supes - 8/6/2013 5:46:27 PM   
yiannis21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goutetsu

Crikey. I can't fault Snyder's eye for visual flair. I admit that I thought he the wrong man for the job when the announcement first hit a year or so back. Snyder is a man of good ideas but I always think of him as a so-so storyteller. What I can't fault is his sense of vision. It's absolutely mind-boggling.

But, action sequences and eye-candy aside, I can't be the only person here who has some reservations about what appears to be major deviations in the origin story to the point where the Man of Steel's central motivations could be warped and darkened beyond all recognition. Jor-El alive and dispensing daddy advice to his adult son? Pa Kent suspicious by his absence throughout the trailer? Are we seeing the birth of a 'Zod killed my parents' storyline, because that would actually irritate me. Revenge is about as far removed from blueboy's modus operandi as you can get. He's not Batman. And, no matter what Brian Singer tells you, he isn't Jesus either. If there is a biblical character-equivalent to the man in tights then it's Moses. Upping the dramatic stakes by having Zod murder one (or perhaps both?) of his daddy figures would demonstrate a lack of understanding of the reason that this superhero exists.

I'm not precious about Superman, and I'm certainly not suggesting that film-makers have to be faithful to the source material at the expense of audience relevancy or even good film-making. But surely getting the heart of your character right is more important than any residual Nolan dollars that might be lurking about in the wake of the success of his Batman trilogy.

1. Jor-El dispensed advice to adult Superman in Donner's world as well, via hologram-type thingy. That would surely be the natural assumption here also? Why would you assume that shot shows a physically alive and somehow on Earth Jor-El?

2. Pa Kent may be absent in this trailer, but he's all over the others. We've seen plenty of him and it's a fair assumption that this trailer wants to show a few images we haven't seen. Why is his absence suspicious?

3. Having Zod murder one or more people close to Superman (if that is what in fact happens) does not automatically create a revenge story unless the writers specifically want it to. Couldn't it just as easily lead up to a plot point where Superman chooses not to act out of vengeance when he has every reason to?

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

(in reply to Goutetsu)
Post #: 29
RE: Looking Good, Supes - 8/6/2013 11:35:45 PM   
Alistair

In reply to Goutetsu...

quote:

ORIGINAL: yiannis21
1. Jor-El dispensed advice to adult Superman in Donner's world as well, via hologram-type thingy. That would surely be the natural assumption here also? Why would you assume that shot shows a physically alive and somehow on Earth Jor-El?

Agreed. I think Jor El, although real to look at, is simply a shadow of the once-alive Jor El. In the most recent trailer there are floating robot-typing-things that follow Jor El around, so maybe they record things on Krypton for Clark to eventually see (including Jor El). Were there enough Jor Els in that sentence? Jor El !

< Message edited by Alistair -- 8/6/2013 11:36:51 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to yiannis21)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Final Man Of Steel Trailer Lands Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI