Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bryan Singer Tweets Magneto Pic

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bryan Singer Tweets Magneto Pic Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bryan Singer Tweets Magneto Pic - 6/6/2013 6:58:11 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A dissipated Storm!!?? - 6/6/2013 6:58:12 AM   
malestorm

Loving the "sneak-peaks " BUT I have noticed at the end of your pieces re. the cast list, in the last 2 you,ve omitted Ms. Berry!? Editorial error OR has she left (That outfit WAS f.....g awfull!)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Fass-man? - 6/6/2013 12:11:26 PM   
Nicky C

Jeez, Empire ... is the 'Fass-Man' connected to the film's 'big bad'? Cringe, cringe, cringe.

Post #: 3
RE: Fass-man? - 6/6/2013 12:52:20 PM   
BelfastBoy

Very nerdy question, but as a non-comic book reader, can anyone tell me if there's a comic book explanation for how Magneto can fly? There's no obvious connection to his mutant ability, so how does he manage it?

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 4
It's obvious really - 6/6/2013 2:10:32 PM   
Mege Mike 22

Empire, how did you miss the fact that what Magneto is standing on is metal? It is fairly obvious to me that the Fass-Man is elevating himself using his mutant abilities on the platform

In response to BelfastBoy, I always thought there were strips of metal in his shoes/outfit which when moved would make hime 'fly'

Post #: 5
RE: Fass-man? - 6/6/2013 3:01:26 PM   
elyoda

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

Very nerdy question, but as a non-comic book reader, can anyone tell me if there's a comic book explanation for how Magneto can fly? There's no obvious connection to his mutant ability, so how does he manage it?

In a similar way to a maglev train - he uses the natural magnetic field of the earth and repels/propels himself along. Not sure if it's ever written that way in the comics, but it would seem to make sense.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 6
RE: It's obvious really - 6/6/2013 3:01:32 PM   
JPMARTIN

I think a degree of creative licence has to be afforded here, because I agree with Belfast Boy - the way in which he 'flies' is a bit suspect.

If he can effectively project a magnetic field around himself, this would seem to suggest he could either push metal away, or pull it toward him (like a magnet). Once he contacts the metal though gravity would just pull him and his magic boots/metal platform back to earth.

I think the idea in the comics is that he directly interacts with earths magnetic field and therefore pushes himself away/pulls himself back toward the earth itself, rather than any metal boots/platforms......makes moving that radar dish in XFC seem like child's play.

(in reply to Mege Mike 22)
Post #: 7
- 6/6/2013 6:50:15 PM   
abby101

If you think George`s story is impressive,, 5 weeks ago my cousins step dad basically got a cheque for $4039 just sitting there a sixteen hour week in their apartment and they're buddy's half-sister`s neighbour has done this for four months and broght in more than $4039 in there spare time at there computer. follow the instructions from this address, http://m3mi.com/3621CHECK IT OUT

Post #: 8
RE: It's obvious really - 14/6/2013 8:36:32 AM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: JPMARTIN

I think a degree of creative licence has to be afforded here, because I agree with Belfast Boy - the way in which he 'flies' is a bit suspect.

If he can effectively project a magnetic field around himself, this would seem to suggest he could either push metal away, or pull it toward him (like a magnet). Once he contacts the metal though gravity would just pull him and his magic boots/metal platform back to earth.

I think the idea in the comics is that he directly interacts with earths magnetic field and therefore pushes himself away/pulls himself back toward the earth itself, rather than any metal boots/platforms......makes moving that radar dish in XFC seem like child's play.

I always thought it was metal boots...!?

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to JPMARTIN)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Bryan Singer Tweets Magneto Pic Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI