Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

A Brief History Of Superman Movie Trailers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> A Brief History Of Superman Movie Trailers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Brief History Of Superman Movie Trailers - 4/6/2013 6:25:36 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Say what you want, but III has some fantastic moments.... - 4/6/2013 6:25:36 PM   
Cameron1975Williams

..The Junkyard fight is a classic and Annette O'toole's Lana Lang is ridiculously hot. Well worth a re-watch.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Does it matter? - 4/6/2013 8:01:39 PM   
oldstuff

Christopher Reeve will forever be Superman. It doesn't matter how good the people who follow him are, they are fighting a losing battle as Reeve displayed all the possible nuances of the character you would want and he looked like a super-hero in stature. Whilst Reeve's last few years displayed a strength of character that his most famous persona would have envied, his cinematic legacy will just keep going on.

Post #: 3
- 4/6/2013 9:42:21 PM   
gurnblenston

For superman the movie, it's the glacial pace of the end credits that seems amazing - the cost of that in the price they paid to run the trailer in cinemas must have been astronomical.
Superman 2: think they'd got the idea for that one.
Superman 3: makes the movie look a lot worse than it is.
Superman 4: apart from the polystyrene volcano top, actually makes the movie look a lot better than it is.
Superman Returns: Say what you like, as a homage to the Donner movies it was fabulous.

Post #: 4
- 5/6/2013 12:52:47 PM   
mmvm

Empire gave Superman Returns 5 stars upon release if I remember correctly. "Superman doesn't fly, he soars."

Post #: 5
Supes' teasers have often been stronger... - 5/6/2013 3:44:53 PM   
IamtheGoblin

The Brando-narrated teaser for Superman Returns remains one of the most exciting moments I've experienced at the cinema, with the Krypton theme playing and some cool imagery from what turned out to be a relatively damp film.

And the two Dad-speech teasers for Man of Steel are superb. Really. Really. Superb.

I just wish we'd seen it like this: you're at the cinema, suffering through car and mobile adverts, then the trailers start.
First thing you get is the Costner-narrated one (with no branding or Supes flying shot at the end).
Then, a heap of other trailers for other things.
Finally, the Crowe-narrated teaser, complete with flying shot and S-shield.
Chills.

Post #: 6
Does it matter? - reply to oldstuff - 6/6/2013 2:17:50 PM   
danielthompson99

"It doesn't matter how good the people who follow him are, they are fighting a losing battle...."

Bollocks mate.
Read some new DC comics and see just how outdated your perceptions of old blue really are.

Post #: 7
Goddamn... - 7/6/2013 4:13:14 PM   
partybee

levitating finger rays...urgh.

Post #: 8
Ratings - 9/6/2013 4:59:46 PM   
Temoor

I read a post which jogged my memory. Superman returns got 5-stars, I could swear I heard in a recent podcast that it was a disappointment. I know Attack of the Clones got something like 4-stars first time out, but reading a recent review is has 2-stars. Taken got 2-stars but was talked about recently (in another pod-cast) as being highly enjoyable.

How does the rating system work? Is Empire allowed to change its mind? Does a film get re-reviewed going from big-screen to small-screen? It must be a nightmare trying to be as objective as possible, do tell.

Oh and by the way, if Empire could re-rate Superman Returns, what would the rating be? (Be honest now.)

Post #: 9
- 10/6/2013 3:38:48 PM   
My name is Legion

I know it's a teaser trailer, but you should have included this as it's the best one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA

Despite the film being shit (how on Earth did they go with that script?), I still think this is one of the all time greatest trailers.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> A Brief History Of Superman Movie Trailers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI