Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Happy (spoliers)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Happy (spoliers) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Happy (spoliers) - 11/7/2013 9:09:47 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy
If you liked Begins and TDKR you will love this movie.

Nope, I didn't love it

There is a lot of problems with this film and none of them I have are 'fanboy' based as I have no emotional ties with the characters. That is actually my main problem with it, the film doesn't make me care about anyone. The plot structure was pretty poor too, in my opinion, we are supposed to care about Pa Kent despite him only being in the film briefly beforehand. Glad people enjoyed it but it was just all over the place for me and I found it hard to enjoy

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 451
RE: Happy (spoliers) - 12/7/2013 10:48:26 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

It's getting a bit tiresome now, Dan. We get it: you don't like the film. Let bygones be bygones, enjoy the rest of your life and find a film in which you do like

Only if you admit that dying for a dog was a terrible plot device?. . I politely and quite deliberately stayed away from the Favorite Films section! that took a lot of restraint.

But your right! I am annoying myself ....... I need a decent big budget movie damn it!!! ..... waiting for Pacific Rim!

If you liked Begins and TDKR you will love this movie. If not then save your money and buy the Donner cut of Superman: The Movie or The Last Son of Krypton animated collective.. That is my review and final words. good day sir

As others have said Danny, you didnt like the film.Fair enough.But you are just going round and round in circles and its long gone beyond trolling now.

Im sure you will be first in line for Man Of Steel 2 though.

As usual your joining a conversation late and trying to pick at the bones, or like the kid as school who shouts something at you once they are around the corner . I normally try not to be personal or aggressive and have a laugh. However stfu CB! your saying the same thing Ref has already said, to which I have replied in good humor but as usual your trolling after the point which is something you do a lot of. I bother you, Block me.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 12/7/2013 10:53:06 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 452
RE: Happy (spoliers) - 12/7/2013 10:51:59 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

If you liked Begins and TDKR you will love this movie.

Nope, I didn't love it

There is a lot of problems with this film and none of them I have are 'fanboy' based as I have no emotional ties with the characters. That is actually my main problem with it, the film doesn't make me care about anyone. The plot structure was pretty poor too, in my opinion, we are supposed to care about Pa Kent despite him only being in the film briefly beforehand. Glad people enjoyed it but it was just all over the place for me and I found it hard to enjoy

Well you should have , it was made for the likes of you
I agree completely with your comments..

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 453
RE: Man of Steel - 12/7/2013 6:08:29 PM   
GCH

Man of steel
Script of wood.
People try hard to emote but it just doesn't work for me. And the fights just go on too long. Why not just pull their head coverings off you know it works.
The last line was clever, the rest of the film not so good, apart of course from the special effects. I believed a man can fly. And knock over giant buildings. I just didn't need to see it so many times.
Three stars for effort.

If you can dodge traffic, you can dodge a ball

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 454
RE: Man of Steel - 15/7/2013 5:22:53 PM   
bydabeachman

SPOILERS!
It's brilliant, the destruction of the city that everyone is freaking out about, will be the perfect beginning for Lex to come into political power and start his campaign against superman, claiming he destroyed the city, which in reality Zod destroyed most of it with his machine, while Supes was in the Indian Ocean, yes he threw him through a few building and crashed the ship in the city, but 99% of the destruction eevryone claimed superman wouldnt let happen, hapened when he was busy on the other side of the globe. He couldnt simply kill him in the beginning. Lex will be a huge villain in the next one they set it up perfectly.

Take the time to say your mind.

Sign Twirlers

Post #: 455
HOW IT SHOULD OF ENDED - 16/7/2013 9:54:23 PM   
Dannybohy

The day has arrived, the people at How it should have ended have done Man Of Steel and its one of the best HISOE ever!..... " woohhh Phantom Drive!!" "Hey Clark! you thinking about your childhood?.... Justice League!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSNLmb0Ndw&feature=youtu.be

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 16/7/2013 9:55:48 PM >

(in reply to bydabeachman)
Post #: 456
RE: HOW IT SHOULD OF ENDED - 17/7/2013 5:07:24 PM   
bydabeachman

This was an incredible how it should have ended! Aquaman at the end was the cherry on top, although I wanted to see batman comment on the satellite.

Take the time to say your mind.

Sign Twirlers

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 457
RE: HOW IT SHOULD OF ENDED - 18/7/2013 10:56:44 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

The day has arrived, the people at How it should have ended have done Man Of Steel and its one of the best HISOE ever!..... " woohhh Phantom Drive!!" "Hey Clark! you thinking about your childhood?.... Justice League!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSNLmb0Ndw&feature=youtu.be

Have you seen the one for Iron Man 3 Danny?..http://youtu.be/OUYW0JyzydA

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 458
RE: HOW IT SHOULD OF ENDED - 18/7/2013 11:30:42 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bydabeachman

This was an incredible how it should have ended! Aquaman at the end was the cherry on top, although I wanted to see batman comment on the satellite.

It doesn't matter he's "rich!" "Rich BAtman!!"

The plot hole they show for MOS is actually the biggest there is, and I didn't catch it!! Trust HISOE team to find THE plot hole for any movie.

I recommend the Avengers and the Ironman 3 ones too! both superb! and the Superman:Donner HISOE. I think LoTR is one of the best ever

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 18/7/2013 11:34:09 AM >

(in reply to bydabeachman)
Post #: 459
Man of Steel (2013) - 24/7/2013 5:52:38 PM   
sammyh18

Despite not being a major fan of the recently popular comic-based superhero films. I was quite excited to see the re-invention and graphic animation of Superman's epic origins. However I was rather disappointed. Despite a range of stunning visuals the back-and-forth dialogues between the main characters were quite pathetic. A perfect example being when Zodd basically exclaims that "The only way this fight to the death is going to end, is one of us dying". I mean no shit right? Emphasis was placed a little too greatly on the bone crunching cinematics and after a good hour the highly Americanised concepts became far too sickly. Meanwhile the regurgitated Sci-Fi/ disaster movie elements distastefully and callously tackled the terror of inter-planetary genocide. The film is certainly worth a watch, and would compliment those looking for an enjoyable yet simple minded experience. 6/10

Post #: 460
love it!!!! - 27/7/2013 1:36:11 PM   
Ciaran McDaid

best summer movie of 2013!!!!

Post #: 461
Terrible - 22/8/2013 2:24:31 AM   
FoxDhoj

I have seen many of the big blockbusters this year, and Man Of Steel is near the bottom for me. I can't believe I'm admitting a Shane Black buddy-cop comedy was a more enjoyable superhero film than the amount of talent put into this turgid mess. And that's coming from someone who thought Iron Man 3 was a comedy with added angry-Guy-Pearce...and no way near one of the best blockbusters this year. Man Of Steel was worse than Oblivion too - the best blockbusters this year so far have been all-out sci-fi's: Pacific Rim, Star Trek Into Darkness and Elysium. Methinks the years of the superhero are dwindling, for DC anyway - Marvel seem to be mixing things up genre-wise, and some of their upcoming films sound quite promising...Thor 2 looks more of the same, and Captain America wasn't the best of the recent bunch, but the sequel could make up for it, and Guardians Of The Galaxy could be the much needed shit hitting the expectation fan we've all been waiting for. I'm not a huge Marvel fan (I wouldn't buy all their releases) but they are much more enjoyable than Man Of Steel was. Cardboard acting, and the best actor (Michael Shannon) chewing the scenery to the point that the rest of the cast are dribbling in the gutter, only really moving when the animation department put a cape on them.

Post #: 462
Unfortunately, it's a - 17/9/2013 10:32:35 AM   
bereski

bad movie.

Post #: 463
Reality check - 21/9/2013 1:51:55 AM   
Ryan_D_Bell

if you listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vz4Gdtrvc and you still think this new film cuts the mustard then I envy you....still waiting for a Superman movie that is better than...forget it I don't want a new supe anymore...like Godfather it is done never to be bettered

Post #: 464
A origin story overcast by repetitive action - 9/10/2013 9:28:46 PM   
tombiddy87

Zak Snyder shows us once again a impressive firework show of specials effects but lacks to keep a compelling story as Man of Steel falls flat.

When the planet Krypton is dying scientist Jor-El(Russel Crowe) and his wife launch their new born son Kal-El in a escape capsule to Earth. He is taken in by Jonathan(Kevin Costner) and Martha Kent(Diane Lane) and is named Clark. For the time being he is safe but sooner or later he must confront his past.

This latest addition had such promise with Christopher Nolan(Director of the Dark Knight Trilogy) involved but for what ever reason his involvement could not save Man of Steel from being one of the biggest lets down this year.

A fairly unknown Henry Cavrill who formerly was the leading role in 'The Tudors' TV series, does a decent enough job at playing Superman/Clark but is easily forgettable and Amy Adams who plays his love interest Lois Lane never quite gets her character right and is too accepting when she discovers Kal-El/Clark's secret. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane defiantly give the best performances.

The origin story was set up well but once the action started it did not cease and ended being a overkill.

This latest take on Superman brings the people of Smallville not a hero to protect them but rather death and destruction. It's a surprise there were anymore buildings standing by the end of the 143 minutes. Will Snyder continue down this destructive road or will we see more nobility in the next installment?

Post #: 465
So close, yet so far. - 10/10/2013 3:05:39 PM  1 votes
Gem_1995

Being primarily a Marvel fan, I’m always more sceptical walking into a DC production; however I still had very high hopes for this re-working of the Superman story. Sadly I found myself leaving the cinema with earache and a strong sense of disappointment.
Firstly, I’d like to point out that Henry Caville makes an astounding Superman both physically and otherwise; but there were points where the dialogue seemed so absurd…I found myself wanting to laugh. The fragmented narrative that played out within the first 40-50 minutes of the film soon became tedious and it took away the relentlessness of the bullying, which causes you to feel pity for Clark as a child.
There was a lack of character development due to the fact that the story wasn’t told in chronological order; now I know that Zack Snyder was trying to shake up the plot in order to set it apart from other Superman instalments, but when you starting messing with the fundamental parts of it, you find the movie goes downhill. The fact that we don’t see Clark and Lois developing a loving relationship, but rather a series a fond glances which finally lead to a kiss at the end, strip the story of its romantic element.
I found Amy Adams a poor choice for the character of Lois, starting off as a very hard-nosed reporter whose stalking Clark; she morphs into nothing more than a static figure, on looking a mass amount of violence that would have taken more lives than it saved. In Christopher Reeves’ Superman instalments, Lois was presented as a significant figure; a key part of the loving element that make the story. Here, she becomes more of an extra, barely showing an ounce of emotion, as she watches Clark and General Zod tear through New York.
However, to keep this from sounding purely negative, there were moments of brilliance in this film; when Clark and his Earth mother share a moment of reflection on the porch as the sun goes down, was truly heart-warming. Clark having to wa

Post #: 466
This is better than Superman Returns, HOW????????????? - 26/10/2013 4:20:10 PM   
Belisarius0365

So, Nolan and Snyder do a 'total reboot' that basically rips off the first two superman movies, BADLY, even paraphrasing some of the dialogue and hiring another actor who resembles the late great Christopher Reeve. The five or so seconds in 'Returns' where Supes separates the shuttle from the jumbo are more exciting than every last second of Snyder/Nolan's attempt. Only thing done right was casting Amy Adams as Lois, a beautiful real woman who can also act. Easily the worst of the recent superhero movies. Makes me look forward to Batman kicking this new Superman's ass even more than I would otherwise...

(I know I'm late for this one, but I watched 'Returns' recently and just had to comment!)

Post #: 467
- 28/10/2013 12:42:37 AM   
livapr99

What went wrong? I was eagerly anticipating the release of this film and had very high expectations. Halfway through, I knew that this was not on a par with the original. Worst of all was the fact that Zimmer didn't use the original march. I'm just going to stick with the first two and Returns.

Post #: 468
The Matrix Revolution Reloaded - 5/12/2013 2:56:05 AM   
amerelium

This movie is just silly. Not onlny do they bring down 94 skyskrapers, they also just HAD to do a satellite. We've seen this before, but at least Smith and Neo wore cool sunglasses. There is not a single scene here that the Richard Donner movie did not do batter, using only a fraction of the bravado. The score is just annoying. Remember the Krypton sequence from the original? Only 30 seconds long, but made all the more powerfull by that simple piece of music, compared to the 15 minutes of bloated CGI fest we had to endure here. Everything is just silly, silly, silly...

Post #: 469
Best film this year - 10/12/2013 1:05:49 AM   
chrisharvey1551

I think this film ticks all the boxes it has the action scenes you dream of not an over complated plot and a lead that does the hero justice. Very easy to watch and watch again

Post #: 470
Remember Star Wars Ep II? - 20/1/2014 2:24:50 PM   
Gouken

Empire in a fit of wishful thinking/fanboy-ness gave it 5 STARS. A fact they regretted and later confessed was a mistake.
I think same thing happened with this one. They got carried away

Post #: 471
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Happy (spoliers) Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI