Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ridley Scott Finds New Writer For Blade Runner Sequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ridley Scott Finds New Writer For Blade Runner Sequel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ridley Scott Finds New Writer For Blade Runner Sequel - 2/6/2013 10:46:02 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 2/6/2013 10:46:02 PM   
Manfrendshensindshen

All extremely encouraging news. Not.

In three years' time, Sir Ridders will have lost interest and a "new talent" (= a director who doesn't command millions per movie - or Len Wiseman) will direct, based on a script that will have involved, at that point, five different writers (including a polish by Ehren Kruger, 'cos, y'know, he's into robots 'n stuff).

It's a pity Jerry Perenchio didn't keep the BR rights buried deep inside his safe.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Alcon Press Release - 3/6/2013 1:23:11 AM   
iheartmovies

The full press release from Alcon Entertainment about the Blade Runner sequel can be seen here: http://www.bladerunner-2.com/news/7/65/Blade-Runner-Sequel-to-be-Penned-by-Michael-Green/

Post #: 3
RE: Alcon Press Release - 3/6/2013 9:03:50 AM   
Dannybohy

no one but Ridley wants this to happen! leave it alone!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to iheartmovies)
Post #: 4
STOP NOW! - 3/6/2013 10:05:50 AM   
Wicket55

What is it with Scott and terrible writers? Lindeloff for Prometheus,and now this clown Michael Green? If you insist on continuing a franchise that ended in 1982, at least get a truly class writer to do the sequel!

Post #: 5
Oh boy - 3/6/2013 10:20:11 AM   
Simon124

Just get Lindelhof to screw it up a bit more and hey! You got yourself a stew!

Post #: 6
How does his CV qualify him for this? - 3/6/2013 10:22:28 AM   
Nicky C

Seriously, Robopocalypse and Fantastic Four are myth or fantasy pictures. Bladerunner is not. Bladerunner is a mixture of Science Fiction (by that I mean a specific sub category of Speculative Fiction or SF) and the Detective genre. It's also very noir. Bladerunner's my favourite movie, so if this sequel ends up being about a man with no father who had an obscure childhood, goes off on a journey, discovers he is a king (metaphorically of course) then comes back to either save the day or lead the oppressed to rise up against their oppressors then I won't even watch it. If it's a hard-boiled Sci-Fi/Detective story about 'what makes us human' then I will. It's as simple as that.

Post #: 7
- 3/6/2013 11:52:12 AM   
jraffau

CGI will ruin the sequel for me. Part of the appeal BR for me was the SFX work. Its difficult to reproduce today (you can't fake good faking).

Post #: 8
Why are they doing this? - 3/6/2013 2:03:44 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

The legacy of Blade Runner will 'be lost like tears in rain' if this joker's take gets green-lit. I was never happy about the thought of a sequel but after checking out this dude's output on IMDB I fear for the worst. It's like the Gremlins remake/reboot - not needed!

Post #: 9
Just ReHire David Peoples - 3/6/2013 3:19:00 PM   
burtbondy

If it aint broke dont fix it. This Grenn fellow has done nothing to suggest he can write a sequel to Blade Runner.

Post #: 10
This project is doomed and dead on arrival. - 3/6/2013 4:00:12 PM   
kielerkai

It will be a TOTAL RECALL-like epic fail. Bland CGI with no story. Thanks but no thanks.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Ridley Scott Finds New Writer For Blade Runner Sequel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI