Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire's Soundtracks That Defined A Decade Spotify Playlists

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Empire's Soundtracks That Defined A Decade Spotify Playlists Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire's Soundtracks That Defined A Decade Spotify Play... - 1/6/2013 2:38:39 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The 2000's belonged to Hans Zimmer - 1/6/2013 2:38:39 PM   
AaronM0696

Although I agree with nearly all of the nominations for defining soundtracks, I believe you have missed out on the fact while many of these distinguished composers belong in this list, Hans Zimmer should have more than one track done here. He was probably, at least in my opinion the most influential composer of the 2000's. To only have one track on this list disappoints me, his work on Inception, Gladiator, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Black Hawk Down and The Dark Knight Trilogy, is but to name a few of Mr. Zimmer's impressive résumé. Bare in mind one track off The Dark Knight Soundtrack is on the list, still doesn't do justice to Hans and his epic work throughout the 2000's. My opinion, but come on you guys, you know I'm right.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: The 2000's belonged to Hans Zimmer - 2/6/2013 4:28:11 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: AaronM0696

Although I agree with nearly all of the nominations for defining soundtracks, I believe you have missed out on the fact while many of these distinguished composers belong in this list, Hans Zimmer should have more than one track done here. He was probably, at least in my opinion the most influential composer of the 2000's. To only have one track on this list disappoints me, his work on Inception, Gladiator, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Black Hawk Down and The Dark Knight Trilogy, is but to name a few of Mr. Zimmer's impressive résumé. Bare in mind one track off The Dark Knight Soundtrack is on the list, still doesn't do justice to Hans and his epic work throughout the 2000's. My opinion, but come on you guys, you know I'm right.

Zimmer didn't do Pirates of the Caribbean, although that's an easy mistake to make as the score was a note-by-note retread of The Rock and Gladiator.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to AaronM0696)
Post #: 3
Hans Zimmer Gladiator Soundtrack. - 2/6/2013 4:53:57 PM   
fuzzy1659

I absolutely loved this feature&i know he is down afew times&the Dark Knight soundtracks have to make an appearance. However Hans Zimmer's Gladiator soundtrack simply cannot be excluded from any list which claims the best soundtracks of all time. Its quite simply a magical soundtrack to an amazing movie which also managed to capture the spirit&feel of the Roman world. I think the movie along with the soundtrack had a big impact on movie history&it got the noughties off to a cracking start, so to exclude it is nothing short of blasphemy.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 4
RE: The 2000's belonged to Hans Zimmer - 4/6/2013 5:01:43 PM   
Hugh_Fran

Well you see the problem with your comment is that it is your opinion, that doesn't make it fact. 'You know I'm right' doesn't make your opinion fact either. I agree that Hans Zimmer made some awesome soundtracks but so did James Horner and Howard Shore (to name a couple). It's hard to pick a list that will please everybody (in fact it's impossible) and while I enjoy this list, I could pick an alternative list that would look almost completely different from this one.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> Empire's Soundtracks That Defined A Decade Spotify Playlists Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI