Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Pacific Rim Stills - And Del Toro Speaks!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Pacific Rim Stills - And Del Toro Speaks! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Pacific Rim Stills - And Del Toro Speaks! - 31/5/2013 2:17:51 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... - 31/5/2013 2:17:51 PM   
albumental

...but (and I know I'm in the minority here so flame on) I do find Del Toro's movies to be somewhat spectacle over substance, or plot cohesion, or narrative flow.

We'll see.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... - 31/5/2013 7:18:44 PM   
Iago 1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: albumental

...but (and I know I'm in the minority here so flame on) I do find Del Toro's movies to be somewhat spectacle over substance, or plot cohesion, or narrative flow.

We'll see.

Fair comment, although I'm not too sure how much a "Robots vs. Aliens" movie requires, in terms of plot! 😉

(in reply to albumental)
Post #: 3
RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... - 2/6/2013 3:30:06 PM   
Willy Wood

Hellboy 2 was a dog of a movie, Del Toro is a bit iffy in my book. Interesting to see whether the audience takes to the concept of this movie in the required numbers, personally I can see this bombing.

(in reply to Iago 1979)
Post #: 4
RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... - 6/6/2013 11:20:48 AM   
cyrusDCmonster

i enjoy Del Toro's work. i'm personally looking forward to this. i'm a fan of most of the main cast and have a soft spot for monster movies...sorry Kaiju films.

(in reply to Willy Wood)
Post #: 5
RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... - 6/6/2013 2:35:16 PM   
Coyleone

I like Del Toro, I absolutely love Pan's and Hellboy II, but I'm hoping this isn't too 'Transformers-y' for lack of a better term. I'm sure he can handle something like this well enough though, especially considering his love for the genre.

(in reply to cyrusDCmonster)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Pacific Rim Stills - And Del Toro Speaks! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI