Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Tom Cruise Drops Out Of Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tom Cruise Drops Out Of Man From U.N.C.L.E. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tom Cruise Drops Out Of Man From U.N.C.L.E. - 24/5/2013 7:17:33 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 24/5/2013 7:17:33 PM   
mcatton

Would love to see Depp bring his usual flair to a straighter role but as a matter of course also have to add Fassbender to the list just because, you know he's on all lists for everything.....ever

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Fillion!! - 24/5/2013 7:29:38 PM   
Ulmaceae

Obviously. Alternatively Cliff Curtis would be a good fit.

As long as David McCallum plays Mr. Waverley I'm happy

Post #: 3
same old same old - 24/5/2013 10:55:03 PM   
leroythemasochist

as the stars grow more dim so they strive for that one last blast across the sky...
or something.
these old guys (yes, you Tom Cruise with your fine head of hair and your amazing smile and all those people saying how much of a top geezer you are!!) need to really start doing something else with their time. I'm glad Tom's dropped out of UNCLE. He doesn't need to be saddled with yet another creaky old spy series. MI is good but he's a getting close to retirement now surely??
We need less remakes/rehashes and more brain power to come up with something new.
Originality is a 6 syllable word and I suppose that's Hollywood's first stumbling block - it;s populated - on the most part - by under educated bean counters without a creative bone in their bodies. They only look at how much easy money they can make and hate to take any kind of a risk.
I hope UNCLE just sinks but I doubt that'll happen. Someone'll make it and it'll be shit.

Post #: 4
Something New - 25/5/2013 1:29:47 PM   
Eduardo25

To be honest films these days are more story led & spectacle (I hope) so I'd say go with an unknown. There are millions upon millions of actors out there & I want to see something that is well performed than seeing someone I know who may not suit the part. Cast right & 80% of your job is done.

Post #: 5
Drop-kick Tom - 25/5/2013 1:37:16 PM   
jace007

I'm glad Jack Reacher didn't do that great for Tom, who always thinks he's right for a role; even if the literal version is the exact opposite (Ray Stevenson is easily the better JR).

Tom wanted to be Tony Stark in the 90s, he wants to be Van Helsing...what happened to the Les Grossman project? Now, that's really up TC's alley (one more joke and I'm turning this website around).

Post #: 6
- 8/6/2013 4:06:57 PM   
earnest

probably to old at this stage but think Ben Affleck and Matt Damon would be great in M F U.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Tom Cruise Drops Out Of Man From U.N.C.L.E. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI