Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New Trailer Online For Edgar Wright's The World's End

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Trailer Online For Edgar Wright's The World's End Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Trailer Online For Edgar Wright's The World's End - 22/5/2013 3:35:44 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 22/5/2013 3:35:44 PM   
pumpkin_ghost

I have to say, it's so far not looking particularly funny or inventive. Still, I have extreme faith in these boys to make it special

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 22/5/2013 3:58:58 PM   
Chronicle

Exactly the same feeling as you. Looks pretty uninspiring

Post #: 3
- 22/5/2013 4:38:50 PM   
dunkah

So it's Shaun Of The Dead, only with robots instead of zombies and a few more pubs thrown in. Fuck it, why not, eh?

Post #: 4
Oh yes - 22/5/2013 6:26:22 PM   
paulmitchell

The trailer before this didn't convince me,this one does,I loved hot fuzz and paddy wot sit face,

Post #: 5
RE: Oh yes - 22/5/2013 10:50:21 PM   
Willy Wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulmitchell

The trailer before this didn't convince me,this one does,I loved hot fuzz and paddy wot sit face,

Agreed this trailer is better, that said there was very little in the trailer that came across as particularly amusing, could be the end of the line for Peggy and Frost, Paul wasn't that funny.

(in reply to paulmitchell)
Post #: 6
yeah, ok, but... - 22/5/2013 11:11:51 PM   
leroythemasochist

it's a bit...samey?
oh shit I hate saying that as a BIG Spaced fan and Shaun of the Dead was surreally brilliant. Hot Fuzz was good but didn't really engage me as much as Shaun did.
Sorry everyone. It was great and a damn sight better than ANYTHING that Gervais bloke's ever managed to cough up on screen - but that's a whole other story.
It's just that the main premise of this movie is 'we need to get to the pub before the monsters get us. And my ex girlfriend will be there (who's way to attractive for me to have ever pulled her) and mayhem will no doubt occur BIG TIME.
Now I'm certain I will enjoy this movie and I will still remain a big fan of Frost, Pegg and Wright but this seems like too much of a Shaun retread to me. But then maybe that's the point. Maybe that's the whole idea of the trilogy anyway - to go back to where it all started and have one last big smackdown. or something.
I hope it's good. In fact I hope it's GREAT and I know I'll laugh and come away feeling good - just would've liked it if it wasn't so easy to pick holes in the basic idea.
Sorry guys.

Post #: 7
- 23/5/2013 4:12:07 AM   
NeoBrowser

I just CAN NOT wait for this!

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New Trailer Online For Edgar Wright's The World's End Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI