Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Action-Packed New Man Of Steel Trailer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Action-Packed New Man Of Steel Trailer Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Action-Packed New Man Of Steel Trailer - 22/5/2013 7:11:46 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
WOW - 22/5/2013 7:11:46 AM   
mclane1

This looks f!#!#ng awesome!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Looks awesome! But? - 22/5/2013 7:36:16 AM   
CamV

I cannot frickin wait for this film, but I'm worried about the story revolving around the "you have 24 hours, or everything goes boom," sort of thing. I was hoping for something I little less done but ah well, I'll have to wait and see how it turn out. :D

Post #: 3
Doomsday!!! - 22/5/2013 8:27:14 AM   
Superman83

That looks like doomsday to me at 01:30. Just wee'd in my pants a bit

Post #: 4
RE: Doomsday!!! - 22/5/2013 9:31:19 AM   
Dannybohy

As much as it all looks awesome! anyone not a little concerned about seeing too much now!!!?? I wish I hadn't seen the last trailer and the TV spots !! but couldn't help looking!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Superman83)
Post #: 5
Empire - 22/5/2013 9:54:39 AM   
7eke

If ever there was a trailer in need of a breakdown, this is it!!!

Post #: 6
RE: Empire - 22/5/2013 10:10:04 AM   
pete_traynor

There seems to have been a growing consensus that Superman is just not fundamentally suited or interesting to modern audiences. This always just struck me as the justifiable underwhelmed response to Returns that snowballed into something else. But Iíve never agreed with this opinion. At is absolute base level, Returns didnít work because it simply wasnít an interesting or fun movie and had nothing of its own to sayÖ hence just carrying on the Donner timeline.

This on the other hand looks nothing but interesting and fun to meÖ it looks absolutely great in fact!

If there was ever a film to dispel the train of thought that modern audiences are not interested in Superman films, this sure looks like the one to do it!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to 7eke)
Post #: 7
Man Of Steel - 22/5/2013 10:59:03 AM   
AquaDragon2K

I will admit, I wasn't convinced before and I am now after this trailer and the great piece in this month's issue. Interest is piqued!

Post #: 8
Film of the Year - 22/5/2013 11:41:41 AM   
Gazzabrook

Epic - enough said

Post #: 9
My birthday - 22/5/2013 11:46:14 AM   
danielthompson99

My birthday, my birthday movie, can't wait !

Post #: 10
Where's Clark Kent? - 22/5/2013 1:32:53 PM   
bad_dancer

The story i want to see is the one about being the 'super' man alone on this planet. and the split personality of clark kent and superman. and lois being all hard and cool. the super villains can wait. maybe i should just go and watch the 1978 version.

Post #: 11
Why no Clark Kent? - 22/5/2013 1:42:50 PM   
MarDev

I haven't seen any shots of Clark Kent (glasses) in any of the trailers so far. Does this story do away with the theme of dual identity for superman? Trailers seem to suggest lois lane is on Clarks trail for heroic acts committed in childhood. I think by the end of this movie a select few people will know who Clark is. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Post #: 12
RE: Where's Clark Kent? - 22/5/2013 1:47:20 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: bad_dancer

The story i want to see is the one about being the 'super' man alone on this planet. and the split personality of clark kent and superman. and lois being all hard and cool. the super villains can wait. maybe i should just go and watch the 1978 version.

i kind of agree, i could've lived with zod and co

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to bad_dancer)
Post #: 13
Cant wait - 22/5/2013 3:22:09 PM   
nybras

Just like the Batman Begins and the following two films, this looks awesome!

Post #: 14
- 22/5/2013 5:17:46 PM   
SiD300

Heat Vision!!!!

Post #: 15
RE: man of steel trailer - 22/5/2013 7:15:26 PM   
anakin solo

Looks like it is going to be awesome, and I really can't wait to see this movie. It doesn't really bother me that the original Superman isn't on it. But what I think is an really good idea for this film is that it's more focussed on him as superman/ Kal El not so much as Clark Kent which makes sense that maybe in an sequel or at the end of the man of steel he'll fully adopt the Clark Kent persona as an a reporter.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to SiD300)
Post #: 16
RE: Why no Clark Kent? - 22/5/2013 10:30:31 PM   
Mr_Haze1810

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarDev

I haven't seen any shots of Clark Kent (glasses) in any of the trailers so far. Does this story do away with the theme of dual identity for superman? Trailers seem to suggest lois lane is on Clarks trail for heroic acts committed in childhood. I think by the end of this movie a select few people will know who Clark is. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it could be a good thing! Lets be serious, we ALL find it pretty stupid that an investigative reporter doesn't clock that the geeza sitting opposite her is the hero she's been reporting on!!! I have every faith that the story of Kal El is going to be given the treatment it deserves!!! I'm ready, now, back to trying to speed time up! ;)

(in reply to MarDev)
Post #: 17
hopes are riding high - 22/5/2013 11:18:30 PM   
SteadyEddie

I genuinely cannot wait for this film ill be devastated if it lets me down ha

Post #: 18
RE: Why no Clark Kent? - 23/5/2013 2:51:14 PM   
UK Maverick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr_Haze1810

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarDev

I think it could be a good thing! Lets be serious, we ALL find it pretty stupid that an investigative reporter doesn't clock that the geeza sitting opposite her is the hero she's been reporting on!!! I have every faith that the story of Kal El is going to be given the treatment it deserves!!! I'm ready, now, back to trying to speed time up! ;)

Agreed, thats the one issue i've always had with Supes is that how does a pair of glasses protect his identity? You can't help thinking, how do people not question him? Having said that, if they do decide to do away with the alter ego for that reason, because he his recognisable, wouldn't that negate the need for a costume? You can argue and say the purpose of that is because he's a symbol, but still what would stop him from flying around in his jeans?

That aside i am so freaking excited for this film (and pre-booked my tickets 6 weeks ago!) everytime i watch a trailer a little bit of wee comes out!

(in reply to Mr_Haze1810)
Post #: 19
Preview - 24/5/2013 5:17:34 PM   
addiej

That looks so much better than the preview that was recently screened in my local cinema, didn't really fancy it much until I saw this one.

Post #: 20
I just burned my tongue - 24/5/2013 6:21:10 PM   
Hugh_Fran

Seriously, my tea went everywhere watching this trailer! How freaking awesome does this look? I agree with the other people commenting on here, the Clark Kent thing kind of always bored me and how nobody recognised who he really was I'll never know! I think it would be a nice spin to have it that everybody knows his identity and how he copes with all of the attention (does it put pressure on him, make him arrogant or complacent) and just keep the villains coming (not Nuclear man). Speaking of villains, after the epicness of fighting Zod and his army in this movie, bringing in Lex Luthor for a sequel might feel a little cheap lol

Post #: 21
Great - 24/5/2013 7:56:37 PM   
June Tales

This trailer is awesome, Zod is really dreadful. Poor Superman, how will he win against him ?
Talking about Clark Kent, I think they don't show him intentionally. We'll know the answer to "Does the humanity know who he really is ?" when we'll see the movie. If we find out all movie's secrets by trailers, why would we go to the cinemas ?

Post #: 22
That's better! - 25/5/2013 1:35:10 PM   
sjmlondon

Certainly a vast improvement on the last trailer. Looks a treat.

Post #: 23
- 25/5/2013 4:23:01 PM   
Mc Khan

As anyone of course froma young age I have always known about the man that is Super but he and his exploits never really intrigued me not as much as say Batman or any of the marvel characters..but when I seen the very 1st Man of Steel trailer last year with the Lord of The Rings tune in the back round man I nearly started crying, it looked amazing. The following trailers that followed were a little disappointing but this the newest 1 looks brilliant..hopefully it will not be absolute shit n let me down like The Dark Knight Rises..SUPERMAN LIVES!!

Post #: 24
Dumb story - 26/5/2013 1:00:12 PM   
Pelle

Well they pretty much told the whole story of the film through these trailers and it ain't good. So what we're getting is another summer effect-orgy with znyderised action-smugness but nothing really great.

Post #: 25
terrific - 26/5/2013 1:28:51 PM   
joshsym

this looks amazing. i cant wait for it

Post #: 26
Dumb story - 26/5/2013 8:03:06 PM   
Pelle

Well they pretty much told the whole story of the film through these trailers and it ain't good. So what we're getting is another summer effect-orgy with znyderised action-smugness but nothing really great.

Post #: 27
RE: Dumb story - 27/5/2013 1:57:32 PM   
hamsterminator

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelle

It's a superhero story about possibly the most ridiculously overpowered hero of all heroes. What were you expecting? The Iliad? The failure of so many recent superhero films in my opinion is almost entirely overlooking the superhero and focusing on the mild mannered alter egos, who honestly aren't that interesting. Ironman 3 and the Amazing Spiderman being two such examples. To do it right the hero needs more screentime as a hero. If superman is full of massive special effects laden battle scenes- that's a good thing. It's what comic book characters are meant for.

(in reply to Pelle)
Post #: 28
meh - 27/5/2013 4:01:55 PM   
maffew

I seem to be in the minority, but this looks like like Zack Snyder back to his old snazzy slo mo tricks... which bores the shit out of me.. the previous trailer looked epic, like it had heart and something interesting to say, and most importantly, like synder had toned it down a bit... this just looks like suckerpunch with superman in it...

Post #: 29
RE: Dumb story - 27/5/2013 4:40:47 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: hamsterminator

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelle

It's a superhero story about possibly the most ridiculously overpowered hero of all heroes. What were you expecting? The Iliad? The failure of so many recent superhero films in my opinion is almost entirely overlooking the superhero and focusing on the mild mannered alter egos, who honestly aren't that interesting. Ironman 3 and the Amazing Spiderman being two such examples. To do it right the hero needs more screentime as a hero. If superman is full of massive special effects laden battle scenes- that's a good thing. It's what comic book characters are meant for.

But not what comics actually do with their characters - it's not all mindless battles in the comics either.

The first trailer made me roll my eyes - the second, pretty much what I expect from a superman film. That's not really a compliment.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to hamsterminator)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Action-Packed New Man Of Steel Trailer Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI