Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Biggest Doctor Who Jaw-Droppers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Biggest Doctor Who Jaw-Droppers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Biggest Doctor Who Jaw-Droppers - 22/5/2013 7:08:37 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Shocking Doctor Who! - 22/5/2013 7:08:37 AM   
demoncleaner

Ha, ha, ha! And indeed, hurrah for Empire for putting the Doctor forefront for a wee time!

Shocking moments for me that haven't been mentioned...."the Alliance was formed to save the Universe." "From who?" "From you Doc-tor".

In a similar vein, Tom Baker tries to talk Davros out of meglalomania. ""Davros, if you really had the power to extinguish all non-Dalek life.. between your finger-tips...could you do it???. Really?? Could you? Could really do it?" "

"To hold that power?! [and so on and so forth] "Between my fingertips! [oh fuck! here we go]...Yes...yes I think I could...I would Doctor."

Empire mentioned the Valeyard. But it was Anthony Ainsley's Master that exposed the Valeyard during the Trial of a Timelord. The Master hates the Doctor,..but he hates the Valeyard even more..kinda of like that obnoxious guest on Alan Partridge's Knowing Me, Knowing You..."hello lesbians!" "I hate you, But I hate you even more".

!

Shocking!

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 22/5/2013 7:28:31 AM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
A Battle of Wits - 22/5/2013 7:28:32 AM   
drouyn

My favourite jaw-dropper is the cliffhanger for 'A Battle of Wits', the third episode of 'The Time Meddler' from 1965. Up until this point, everything points to the Doctor and his TARDIS being unique in the universe, and then Steven and Vicki discover that the Monk has his own TARDIS!

Post #: 3
RE: The Biggest Doctor Who Jaw-Droppers - 22/5/2013 7:34:57 AM   
demoncleaner

Other shocking moments in Doctor Who...

Bonnie Langford can act??????

For a bit.

Hold me!

Post #: 4
RE: The Biggest Doctor Who Jaw-Droppers - 22/5/2013 7:58:52 AM   
demoncleaner

Oh, and the most jaw-dropping thing about recent Doctor Who...

...wait for it...

...is that Neil Gaiman is talentless.... and...wait for it.... clueless!

For all his promises about the Cybermen and his references to the "Uncanny Valley * " he's ultimately exposed as a tired, put-upon hack.

"Put me down I hate you!" Says a precocious teenager to a Cyberman.

"Who are you?" "I'm bored." Says a post-precocious Nebula award-winning writer readying himself for a career writing Hollyoaks.

]*This theory in psychology that the more human qualities the lifeless thing adopts, the more disconcerting it is. Like Anthony Hopkins' dummy in Magic for example.

< Message edited by demoncleaner -- 22/5/2013 8:11:30 AM >

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 5
- 22/5/2013 8:35:37 AM   
DeadlyDave

My favourate that didn't make the list:

Modern series 4 episide 11 - The regeneration cliffhanger

By this point David Tennant's departure plans were sadly all but confirmed. Then at the end of the episode, just as we're about to see him united with Rose, he gets shot by a dakek. The regeneration process starts as the credits role and geeks across the land heads expload into wondering if the BBC have pulled an managed to somehow achieve Abrams level of secrecy to give us the 11th doctor in the following weeks episode. Though ultimately a bluff, it was such a ballsy move that that there was no feeling of anti-climax.

Post #: 6
RE: - 22/5/2013 8:40:58 AM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeadlyDave

My favourate that didn't make the list:

Modern series 4 episide 11 - The regeneration cliffhanger

Yeah, I agree with that. That was amazing. You were really like WHAAAAAT?! Then the next week when they just brushed it off and I kind of felt like Annie Wilkes in Misery! Brilliant for that week while it lasted though.

(in reply to DeadlyDave)
Post #: 7
John hunt - 22/5/2013 11:54:33 AM   
Gazzabrook

Empire and anyone wanting to know, a simple internet search will tell you who John Hunt is, I know before the episode aired but was not expecting him to appear until the 50th Anni show. This has been one of Moffat's better (if not best) stories

Post #: 8
RE: John hunt - 22/5/2013 12:04:36 PM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazzabrook

Empire and anyone wanting to know, a simple internet search will tell you who John Hunt is

But apparently the internet doesn't tell you how to spell his name.

(in reply to Gazzabrook)
Post #: 9
RE: John hunt - 22/5/2013 2:15:05 PM   
matty_b

Catherine Tate being absolutely bloody magnificent and the finest companion since Sarah Jane caused many jaws to drop in all fairness.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 10
At Last! - 22/5/2013 2:24:37 PM   
spark1

daleks v cybermen. abou time too.

Post #: 11
RE: John hunt - 22/5/2013 5:55:54 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Catherine Tate being absolutely bloody magnificent and the finest companion since Sarah Jane caused many jaws to drop in all fairness.

Yes, I loved her and thought she was brilliant. When she has her memory wiped made me cry.*

*I cry all the time at Dr Who.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 12
RE: John hunt - 22/5/2013 6:23:00 PM   
matty_b

"I was gonna be with you forever..."

quote:

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 13
RE: John hunt - 22/5/2013 9:14:03 PM   
Spuzzell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

quote:

Yes, I loved her and thought she was brilliant. When she has her memory wiped made me cry.*

*I cry all the time at Dr Who.

I love Dr. Who, but I actually had to make an account here just to say this:

Catherine Tate was SO INCREDIBLY IRRITATING that after the first two episodes she was in I just stopped watching entirely.

She was so unlikeable and awful that there are now 15 episodes of Dr. Who I refuse to ever watch.. one actress was so shockingly bad that I had to not watch one of my favourite shows.

That's the only time this has happened to me in my whole TV life, the woman is appalling.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 14
RE: John hunt - 22/5/2013 9:46:48 PM   
matty_b

quote:

(in reply to Spuzzell)
Post #: 15
RE: John hunt - 24/5/2013 8:16:02 AM   
Rebel scum

quote:

I think possibly the most shocking moment from New Who is the revelation that Amy has been a Ganger for the last few episodes and the real Amy is holed up in an army base giving birth. Shame they squandered what was a very effective cliffhanger.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 16
RE: John hunt - 24/5/2013 4:05:13 PM   
Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spuzzell

She was so unlikeable and awful...

Nah, you're wrong. I can do without her TV show, but I thought she was brilliant in Dr Who. One of the top companions ever.

(in reply to Spuzzell)
Post #: 17
Good Post - 27/5/2013 7:37:41 AM   
analizaparker

very informative article,.hoping to read more like this in the future

Post #: 18
missed opportunities - 27/5/2013 2:29:16 PM   
mjmcquil

I thought it was a shame they never made Rory the master, as that would have been epic and explained a great deal about river song, and Arthur Darvill would have been awesome playing such a twisted character

Post #: 19
Face of Boe - 28/5/2013 4:16:34 AM   
CaitlinNZ

I think that the revelation about Captain Jack being the face of Boe was a great one. Although I still haven't seen many episodes pre 2005...

Post #: 20
Face of Boe - 28/5/2013 4:16:35 AM   
CaitlinNZ

I think that the revelation about Captain Jack being the face of Boe was a great one. Although I still haven't seen many episodes pre 2005...

Post #: 21
Face of Boe - 28/5/2013 4:16:36 AM   
CaitlinNZ

Post #: 22
My Biggest, Not Already Mentioned Jaw Dropper - 29/5/2013 11:09:42 AM   
absolute_im_fan

Who knocked four times. The prophecy of Ten's time ending with "he will knock four times". You think "THE MASTER!!". The Master is in the two-parter, crazier as ever. But who was the prophecy referring to? Wilf. THAT made me scream in shock.

Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> The Biggest Doctor Who Jaw-Droppers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI