Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Fast And Furious 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Fast And Furious 7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 3:01:12 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I would hope they'll handle it in a classy way, maybe have Dom tell people Brian got out of the game, end with a shot of a Skyline driving somewhere in the world or something to that effect rather than killing the character and using it as a plot device or some shit.

I like this idea.It would be a lot more respectful to Walker rather than just have him killed off screen.

Since we know Dom is in Tokyo at the end of Tokyo drift, it would make sense storywise to have him not want to risk any more of the family after hearing of Hans death.They could rewrite it so that Dom got Brian to look after Mia and their son back home while he and the rest of the team take on The Stath.

This would require a big reshoot however and bumping up the prominence of one of the other stars like Tyrese or The Rock maybe.On the other hand it would be a shame just to have all the footage Walker shot for the film be put under lock and key so hopefully they will be able to use it.

I guess its too early to tell really but i feel we will all know what they plan to do soon.

I agree with others about not killing Brian with it being in poor taste. I much prefer the image of a Skyline racing away into the distance with the sun somewhere in frame. Cheesy as shit, but the films have a tonne of that anyway and it wouldnt really make a difference. If tears were to be shed on the audiences part im sure that would be a less sour option than to watch a death and subsequent funeral.

In terms of reshoots and rescripts ive full confidence that the film will still go ahead. Moreover, though there might conflicting schedules, this film is guaranteed to make a boatload of money for it not to be released. I apologise if that sounded cruel, but FF7 will be just as much insane fun as 5 and 6, albeit with a few inevitable sombre moments.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 31
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 4:06:52 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I think it makes sense story wise to have Brian be another victim of Statham's character. Although sensitivity wise it is probably a bit too close to Walker's terrible fatal accident.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 32
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 4:14:13 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I think it makes sense story wise to have Brian be another victim of Statham's character. Although sensitivity wise it is probably a bit too close to Walker's terrible fatal accident.

To be honest, and I can't see it happening at all, but if I were Paul Walker? I'd want to go out in a huge car crash fireball.
As crass as that sounds, I doubt he'd want to be written out of a huge franchise - which let's face it, made his name - with a whimper.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 33
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 4:16:12 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Well, remember this is Fast & Furious we're talking about here, a franchise in which Vin Diesel practically does a Superman and flies over a bridge.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 34
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 8:03:46 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Well, remember this is Fast & Furious we're talking about here, a franchise in which Vin Diesel practically does a Superman and flies over a bridge.

And he didnt even know if there would be a car to break his fall.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 35
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 3/12/2013 1:18:00 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

quote:

And he didnt even know if there would be a car to break his fall.

But he had FAITH.Dont you people understand? The underlying theme of Fast And Furious 6 was FAITH!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 36
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 3/12/2013 1:47:39 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

True, true of course, but at least given the fact that the team is dealing with an antagonist who is killing off members of their team, going this route should be a no brainer.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 37
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 3/12/2013 1:47:42 PM   
Timon

No, it's FAMILY!

He had FAMILY to re-direct him onto an unbreakable windscreen.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 38
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 3/12/2013 1:48:10 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

To be honest, and I can't see it happening at all, but if I were Paul Walker? I'd want to go out in a huge car crash fireball.
As crass as that sounds, I doubt he'd want to be written out of a huge franchise - which let's face it, made his name - with a whimper.

I agree with this really. I'm sure he would want his character to have a fitting end, positive or not.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 39
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 4/12/2013 12:15:37 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

True, true of course, but at least given the fact that the team is dealing with an antagonist who is killing off members of their team, going this route should be a no brainer.

Would make sense storywise but would be in incredibly poor taste given how Walker met his end in real life so i doubt they will go this route.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 40
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 4/12/2013 12:52:17 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

quote:

You're forgetting the fact that it was AWESOME!

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 41
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 4/12/2013 7:53:24 PM   
azzman1984

Universal Pictures have released a statement about them shutting down production on Fast & Furious 7

quote:

Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paulís immediate family and our extended Fast & Furious family of cast, crew and filmmakers. At this time we feel it is our responsibility to shut down production on Fast & Furious 7 for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise. We are committed to keeping Fast & Furious fans informed, and we will provide further information to them when we have it. Until then, we know they join us in mourning the passing of our dear friend Paul Walker.
Read more at http://collider.com/fast-furious-7-decisions-paul-walker/#xg8bz4LbRBAl41ig.99

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 42
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 31/12/2013 10:17:21 AM   
chang

Fast And Furious 7 will release in August 2015.

Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Fast And Furious 7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI