Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Fast And Furious 7

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Fast And Furious 7 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fast And Furious 7 - 19/5/2013 10:45:59 PM   
Cool Breeze

Ok so i got back from seeing Fast 6 tonight so SPOILERS for anyone who hasnt seen it yet..

Ok so i thought Fast 6 was a total blast even though it doesnt quite scale the ridiculous heights of Fast Five.But what really got the audience buzzing was THAT ending!

So it looks like the filmakers have finally acknowledged that the events of Tokyo Drift are canon and the series has now caught up to the events of that movie.Han is dead and it looks like THE STATH is at least partly responsible! From the sound of that phone call he makes to Toretto, it looks like hes seriously got it in for him.

The idea of Jason Statham being the villain in a Fast and Furious movie sounds great and i cant wait to see this next instalment.

Unfortunatley due to Universal wanting this out next year, it looks like director Justin Lin and The Rock are not going to be involved which is a pity but hopefully it should be at least as good as Fast 6.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''
Post #: 1
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 21/5/2013 11:15:32 AM   
Timon

Diesel's already said that the sequel will film in the The Middle East! Sandstorms! Dubai! Beautiful women with lots of layers for modesty's sake!

Apparently the script was written at the same time as FF6, so I'm not surprised they're all ready to go. Shame The Rock is to busy filming Hercules to join in the fun.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 21/5/2013 12:11:25 PM   
paulyboy

Now that the current films have caught up with the Tokyo Drift timeline, I wouldn't mind if they added Lucas Black into the roster to be honest. Diesel shows up at the end after Han's death to race Black anyway, they could tie it all in quite nicely. Dom goes out to Tokyo after the Stath's phonecall to see what happened to Han, meets Sean (Black), they race, job done etc.

I think it would all fit quite nicely. Plus I'd like to see Dom try and drift that tank he's driving round that car park.

[image]http://mimg.ugo.com/200812/23573/vin-diesel-tokyo-drift.jpg[/image]

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 21/5/2013 12:12:57 PM >

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 3
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 29/5/2013 3:17:10 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: heyheychoco

hmmm. i can hear my gay friends fantasizing over VD's big meat!

quote:

ORIGINAL: heyheychoco

Vin Diesel's abs are edible.

I... erm...

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013
Post #: 4
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 29/5/2013 4:06:30 PM   
directorscut

The most disturbing part of this thread is the discussion of continuity and plot in the Fast and Furious films.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 5
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 17/7/2013 12:33:36 AM   
azzman1984

James Wan talked about Fast 7 and briefly touched on what elements he was set to bring for the latest racing franchise installment.

quote:

“I really like the theme of this next one that we're going with. I can't really talk about it, but I like the theme; it's one that I really relate to,” Wan said. “Then there's the drive of Number Seven, which was set up at the end of Number Six, which is a classic revenge story. I'm a big [genre] fan, so that's how I'm approaching it: I'm looking at it like a gritty, '70s revenge thriller, but one that still fits into the 'Fast and Furious' series."

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 6
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 9/8/2013 9:54:18 AM   
azzman1984

According to this article Tom Hardy, Michael Jai White, Brian Tee, Cole Hauser, Lucas Black, Bow Wow, Nathalie Kelley and Eva Mendes have all signed up for Fast And Furious 7 http://www.examiner.com/list/ronda-rousey-ufc-champ-joins-fast-furious-7-cast/ronda-rousey

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 7
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 9/8/2013 12:24:37 PM   
MonsterCat

The part about Tom Hardy seems specious to me.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 8
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 24/8/2013 12:13:01 PM   
azzman1984

Tony Jaa has joined the cast of Fast And Furious 7 http://collider.com/fast-and-furious-7-tony-jaa/#more-278124

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 9
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 24/8/2013 1:40:05 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

Tony Jaa has joined the cast of Fast And Furious 7 http://collider.com/fast-and-furious-7-tony-jaa/#more-278124

Hmm... we've already had a dose of martial arts fights in the last one - with oh so hilarious results... I think this might get a little repetitive (about a series of films with multiple car chases). Does Jaa even speak english? I thought he was a monk.

If Statham fights him, the fight cant be any more of a let down than many of the other "vs" we have seen in films.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 10
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 27/8/2013 11:52:42 AM   
AxlReznor

Not sure if Tony Jaa speaks English or not, but he wouldn't be the first mostly silent, ass-kicking Asian character in a Hollywood movie. He was a monk, but he's not any more. Monkhood in Thailand is pretty much something that you do for a little while before doing something else. Tom Yum Goong 2 is going to be released soon (also starring Jeeja Yanin from Chocolate).
And I personally think a fight between him and Jason Statham could be epic. Surprised that he's in this film and not The Expendables 3, though, to be honest.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 11
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 30/8/2013 10:37:11 PM   
azzman1984

Kurt Russell is in talks to join the cast of Fast And Furious 7 http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=108372

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 12
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 31/8/2013 12:27:09 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor
And I personally think a fight between him and Jason Statham could be epic. Surprised that he's in this film and not The Expendables 3, though, to be honest.

Could, though I dont hold up much hope. Li vs Lundgren in Expendables was shit, Li vs Yeoh in Mummy 3 was shit, Li vs Stath in War was shit...

The fact they all had Jet Li is coincidental and that said, FF films have really delivered in the big fight scenes so im hoping the next one continues that run.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 13
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 12/9/2013 1:44:20 PM   
azzman1984

Djimon Hounsou has joined the cast of Fast And Furious 7 http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38730

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 14
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 13/9/2013 10:33:09 AM   
film man aidy

Thought the last one just about scraped by, as trashy as it was. I can't quite believe that we're getting a seventh instalment next summer. And apparently Kurt Russel is set for the next two! This could go beyond Fast 8!!!!!!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 15
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 17/9/2013 11:35:19 AM   
azzman1984

Lucas Black is back for Fast And Furious 7..8 and 9!! http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=109032

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 16
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 17/9/2013 1:24:53 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I wonder how they'll explain away the very apparent age difference between Black in Tokyo Drift and how he is now.

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 17
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 17/9/2013 2:14:48 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

I wonder how they'll explain away the very apparent age difference between Black in Tokyo Drift and how he is now.

A downward drug spiral after the death of Han

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 18
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 19/9/2013 8:10:30 AM   
santafilm

Fast five was the first really action movie I've ever seen. furious 6 wasn't good enough. I think furious 7 shouldn't be created because it is falling down.

Buy Movie Onlie

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 19
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 19/9/2013 11:03:49 PM   
kumar

Very pleased with Blacks casting. Really not sure how Djimon and Kurt and Tony will all fit in, am I right in thinking The Rock wont be in this one? He will be missed im sure.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to santafilm)
Post #: 20
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 25/9/2013 6:48:32 PM   
musht

What are the odds that Kurt Russell is Walker's dad?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 21
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 21/10/2013 8:56:35 PM   
azzman1984

Here's a video that Vin Diesel posted on his facebook page of him and Tony Jaa doing some combat training for Fast And Furious 7 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152034948923313

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 22
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 12/11/2013 5:08:07 PM   
dinadyer

Fast And Furious 7 This Movies Free Download Online To Watch Every One. I Think Most Of The Generation Like This. Thanks For Sharing This Extra Ordinary Films Conservation To Internal.

(in reply to azzman1984)
Post #: 23
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 1/12/2013 1:18:45 PM   
Cool Breeze

So of course we are all very sad to hear about Paul Walkers death.RIP.

As a huge fan of these movies, it is only natural to wonder what will happen now since filming on Fast 7 had not been completed.Will they totally abandon the project and future F&F films? Should they abandon it out of respect for Walker?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to dinadyer)
Post #: 24
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 1/12/2013 4:58:58 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

So of course we are all very sad to hear about Paul Walkers death.RIP.

As a huge fan of these movies, it is only natural to wonder what will happen now since filming on Fast 7 had not been completed.Will they totally abandon the project and future F&F films? Should they abandon it out of respect for Walker?

I don't think he'd want that to happen, but I have no idea what they'll do with it. I'd imagine they won't be too worried about the films at the moment.

I'm really saddened by his death. I've never been a huge fan of Walker's work, but the Fast films have always been hugely entertaining and he seemed like a really nice guy. It's just the shock of the whole thing...we're so fragile. A guy in the prime of his life steps into a car one day, after a charity event, and never steps out again. Tragic.

Post #: 25
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 1/12/2013 11:59:44 PM   
Cool Breeze

According to an article on IGN just posted, they were on a small break before heading back to do reshoots on the film.Unknown at this time how much of Walkers role was in the can but according to the report, filming will be delayed but not halted.

As tragic as the situation is, they have already spent a ton of money on this film and it wouldnt make sense to scrap it.How they will handle this in editing is up in the air.Could it be that they will do what they did in The Crow and and use doubles and digital fx to complete Walkers role or maybe a massive rewrite and reshoot to remove the character completely from the film?

Part of me feels that maybe the series should have ended with the sixth instalment because it really brought the franchise full circle with them all having dinner in Doms back yard.

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 2/12/2013 12:00:47 AM >

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 12:56:28 AM   
Scott_

I would hope they'll handle it in a classy way, maybe have Dom tell people Brian got out of the game, end with a shot of a Skyline driving somewhere in the world or something to that effect rather than killing the character and using it as a plot device or some shit.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

Post #: 27
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 12:41:47 PM   
Timon

Considering the plot of the new film, surely it would make sense to kill the character off? At the risk of sounding crass, that would probably be the easiest solution. O'Connor gets in a car - BOOM - he dies - the character who was going to die (probably Tyrese) gets a reprieve till F&F8 and the team go after The Stath for revenge.

However as a fan of the films, I'm not blind to how disgraceful and in bad taste in would be to do something like that. I guess they could have a throw away line when Dom says he's got Brian and Mia out of the country with their kid because he doesn't want The Stath coming after his own family etc etc. After all, at the heart of these film - under the gratuitous explosions, stunts and scantily clad women - Vin has always said it's about family.

Either way, I hope they go ahead and make a great film. Wouldn't make any sense at all to can it.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 28
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 12:54:30 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Considering the plot of the new film, surely it would make sense to kill the character off? At the risk of sounding crass, that would probably be the easiest solution. O'Connor gets in a car - BOOM - he dies - the character who was going to die (probably Tyrese) gets a reprieve till F&F8 and the team go after The Stath for revenge.

However as a fan of the films, I'm not blind to how disgraceful and in bad taste in would be to do something like that. I guess they could have a throw away line when Dom says he's got Brian and Mia out of the country with their kid because he doesn't want The Stath coming after his own family etc etc. After all, at the heart of these film - under the gratuitous explosions, stunts and scantily clad women - Vin has always said it's about family.

Either way, I hope they go ahead and make a great film. Wouldn't make any sense at all to can it.

That would be the best way. Without wanting to sound too precious about it, having Brian written out via a death scene would be... well, in pretty poor taste.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 29
RE: Fast And Furious 7 - 2/12/2013 1:25:19 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

I would hope they'll handle it in a classy way, maybe have Dom tell people Brian got out of the game, end with a shot of a Skyline driving somewhere in the world or something to that effect rather than killing the character and using it as a plot device or some shit.

I like this idea.It would be a lot more respectful to Walker rather than just have him killed off screen.

Since we know Dom is in Tokyo at the end of Tokyo drift, it would make sense storywise to have him not want to risk any more of the family after hearing of Hans death.They could rewrite it so that Dom got Brian to look after Mia and their son back home while he and the rest of the team take on The Stath.

This would require a big reshoot however and bumping up the prominence of one of the other stars like Tyrese or The Rock maybe.On the other hand it would be a shame just to have all the footage Walker shot for the film be put under lock and key so hopefully they will be able to use it.

I guess its too early to tell really but i feel we will all know what they plan to do soon.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Fast And Furious 7 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI