Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Joss Whedon Talks Avengers 2 Casting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joss Whedon Talks Avengers 2 Casting Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Joss Whedon Talks Avengers 2 Casting - 19/5/2013 8:59:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Don't recast Iron Man! - 19/5/2013 8:59:35 PM   
freyar_88

If RDJ isn't having as much fun as he seems to be and won't come back, they should lose the character. It's his charisma that makes Tony Stark work so well. Nobody wants to see Bradley Cooper or John Hamm doing a RDJ impression, they simply can't 'James-Bond' it. Also, I'm seriously excited to see what Whedon can do with the Scarlet Witch, but wondering why Hawkeye is absent from Phase 2. They seem to be underusing both the character of Barton and the talented Renner here.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 20/5/2013 3:45:04 AM   
NeoBrowser

Are there only 3 films in Phase 2? (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2) Shouldn't there be at least two more films before Avengers 2 ??

(in reply to freyar_88)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 20/5/2013 5:47:21 AM   
xzynomorpher

You're forgetting 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 20/5/2013 9:40:34 AM   
Osric

SPOILERS - - I don't understand why there's even all this talk about future Iron Man films. I thought Iron Man 3 quite expicitly finished them as a trilogy. Tony no longer has the heart thing, he broke up his stuff, and it's made really clear that, with real superpowered superheroes arriving like Thor and Cap, Iron Man is now redundant. I can totally see that we could continue to have RDJ as a non-IM Tony Stark in future Avengers films, and I can see that there might be scope for the Don Cheedle character/War Machine to show up. But I don't understand why everyone's talking as if Iron Man isn't finished. What was the point of FINISHING it then?

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 5
I agree - 20/5/2013 9:58:21 AM   
Seamie

After seeing The Avengers I was very excited at the prospect of a Hawkeye and Black Widow team-up film - it would've been awesome.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 6
RE: I agree - 20/5/2013 12:01:22 PM   
Gazzabrook

Hawkeye and Widow film either independent or together would be awesome, hopefully they will do this in future. But yes there is also GoG in phase two.

(in reply to Seamie)
Post #: 7
RE: RE: - 20/5/2013 3:38:34 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osric

SPOILERS - - I don't understand why there's even all this talk about future Iron Man films. I thought Iron Man 3 quite expicitly finished them as a trilogy. Tony no longer has the heart thing, he broke up his stuff, and it's made really clear that, with real superpowered superheroes arriving like Thor and Cap, Iron Man is now redundant. I can totally see that we could continue to have RDJ as a non-IM Tony Stark in future Avengers films, and I can see that there might be scope for the Don Cheedle character/War Machine to show up. But I don't understand why everyone's talking as if Iron Man isn't finished. What was the point of FINISHING it then?

Indeed! the whole taking the Arc out of his chest surely means the end of this version of Iron Man!
Then again I thought the whole idea of Stark was that he was unique and would protect his arc technology at all costs and only he could power the suits! which is all thrown completely out of the water in IM2 and IM3! so the whole thing is a crock of shit anyway!. I enjoyed IM3, but I won't ever add it to my movie collection. Iron Man was a great movie and stands alone just fine for me. I enjoyed Avengers too but would be quite happy to never see another ensemble movie. I think its a pity they rushed through Captain America , i would've loved to see a good CA trilogy set BEFORE his big frosty sleep!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 20/5/2013 4:22:31 PM   
Wild about Wilder

It's a shame he's looking at Quicksilver who I've never liked & this is coming from a massive fan-boy of nearly all speedsters in comics from The Flash(es) through to the Whizzer, I've always found Pietro to be one if not the most anoying of Marvel characters & is far better suited to be a Villan. Scarlet Witch though is fine I think the team needs more females so her & The Wasp would be fine though would love to see one of my all time favs The Vision BUT! then you'd have to bring Ultron into it so probably not.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Joss Whedon Talks Avengers 2 Casting Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI