Worth it in 3-D

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Worth it in 3-D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Worth it in 3-D - 19/5/2013 12:12:00 PM   
sandy666

The purpose of this topic is to allow us to discuss whether it is worthwhile going to see a film in 3-D or not. At the moment I'm looking at The Great Gatsby and I have no idea whether it is worth stumping up the extra cash to see the film in 3-D. So, I'm suggesting we need to add this to the review section.

Having seen and thoroughly enjoyed Judge Dredd, Avatar and Avengers in 3-D and been found The Hobbit a bit meh, and others terribly retroscoped rendering the film totally unenjoyable.

So, has anyone seen a film in 3-D and thought "great" or I wish I had seen it in 2-D instead.
Post #: 1
RE: Worth it in 3-D - 19/5/2013 12:13:56 PM   
rich

This will get moved / locked because we have existing threads in other sections. My answer to your question however, is no.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to sandy666)
Post #: 2
RE: Worth it in 3-D - 20/5/2013 11:20:38 AM   
Osric

I used to hate 3D, but I've warmed to it a bit lately for one simple reason: I bought some decent 3D glasses! Obviously that's no help to people with eyesight issues, or who resent paying extra for 3D films (I buy the monthly Cineworld pass so that doesn't affect me), but I really do recommend, if you go to the cinema a lot and you're kind of now resigned to 3D, go on eBay and buy some good glasses. Mine were 20. The glasses they give you for a quid in the cinema are next to useless, and that's a vast part of the problem, I've found. Instead of just that thin film where you have to concentrate on a single spot on the screen and everything else is out of focus (that was my experience) proper glasses have proper hard lenses, and the ones I bought were a wraparound style so your whole frame of vision is 3Dified! I probably look a tool in them but it's dark! Honestly, I'm not spamming because I work for a 3D glasses company. I won't even say the make of the ones I bought (they're by a famous camera manufacturer). But it turns out decent glasses make a massive difference. For me, anyway. I wish I'd had them for Dredd.

< Message edited by Osric -- 20/5/2013 11:22:02 AM >

(in reply to sandy666)
Post #: 3
RE: Worth it in 3-D - 22/5/2013 9:47:16 AM   
elab49

This section is only for reviews.

I can't move it as there is already an extensive discussion regarding 3D in Movie Musings, and we don't duplicate threads. Alternatively, you could ask a specific question in Knowledge base, or tag the question onto the existing review thread

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Osric)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Worth it in 3-D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI