Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Film Or Person

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Film Or Person Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Film O... - 17/5/2013 2:37:04 PM   
vad3r

Always find it interesting in the very rare case when an actor/director says they dislike something. They try so hard not to offend their peers in this industry or give an honest opinion.

Spike Lee said he hated Django Unchained and Tarantino despite not watching it.
TDKR cinematographer says he hated Avengers or something, but no one knows of his existence, so it doesn't matter.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 17/5/2013 2:39:23 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.
Post #: 1
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 2:43:51 PM   
Harry Tuttle

So you state in one thread that you'll watch anything Nolan does but then claim you don't know who the DoP was in each of his films to date?

I prefer Avengers to Dark Knight Rises but I knew straight away that you were talking about Wally Pfister whereas I have no clue who the DoP was for Avengers without checking IMDB..

You're either an idiot, a troll or more likely a bit of both.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 2
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 2:48:35 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

So you state in one thread that you'll watch anything Nolan does but then claim you don't know who the DoP was in each of his films to date?

I prefer Avengers to Dark Knight Rises but I knew straight away that you were talking about Wally Pfister whereas I have no clue who the DoP was for Avengers without checking IMDB..

You're either an idiot, a troll or more likely a bit of both.

I meant the general public don't know who the DoP of a film is... It was an attempt at humour regarding the story.

No need to get abusive friend.

quote:

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 3
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 2:50:27 PM   
DancingClown

Well, you are spamming MM with a bunch of shit, overdone threads.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 4
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 2:51:13 PM   
Harry Tuttle

No, you were trying to be disparaging towards him because he dared to speak out against a film by your lord and saviour Joss Whedon.

You should follow your own advice in the thread for 21 Jump Street by the way.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 5
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 2:53:21 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

Well, you are spamming MM with a bunch of shit, overdone threads.

First I've heard anyone in those threads complain that the thread was unnecessary. No surprise it's come from you, mind. Mods feel free to lock a thread which you feel is unworthy.
Apologies for trying to inject a bit of discussion back in this place.

quote:

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 6
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 2:55:52 PM   
DancingClown

Apology accepted.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 7
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 3:31:27 PM   
Discodez

I don't know about irrational ones, like the ones you've mentioned where people haven't even seen the film they're slating but there are plenty of cases down the years of actors hating the directors of films or the films there were in.

Off the top of my head, Harrison Ford and Ridley Scott really didn't get on when making Blade Runner.

Katherine Heigel slated Judd Apatow after knocked up came out, called him a sexist pig who writes awful parts for women.

Alec Guinness slated star wars and said he wished he'd never got involved.

Christopher Plummer has slated the sound of music several times over the years.

Megan Fox slated Michael Bay and the second Transformers film.

Everyone who had anything to do with Caligula!!

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 8
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 3:58:22 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Megan Fox slated Michael Bay and the second Transformers film.

Didn't she behave like such a gigantic twat on the set of the first Transformers that the entire cast and crew hated her? (After being unfortunate enough to read an interview with her recently, I reckon this is definitely true.)

The only other one I can add to Discodez's list is Sean Connery and whichever numpty it was that directed The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, a film so spectacularly rubbish it encouraged the former to retire.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 9
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 6:45:50 PM   
AngryDude92

Not sure if they still hate each other but elegedly on the set of One of the Charlies Angels films Bill Murry head butted McG. That's pretty good of him IMO.

There was once a god who walked the earth, his name was Warren Oates

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 10
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 7:13:33 PM   
SadFace

Burt Reynolds and Boogie Nights / Paul Thomas Anderson.
Bjork and Dancer in the Dark / Lars von Trier

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to AngryDude92)
Post #: 11
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 17/5/2013 7:17:06 PM   
Hood_Man

I got the impression during his Top Gear interview, that Mark Wahlberg doesn't have a great deal of respect for Tom Cruise.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 12
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 18/5/2013 2:02:19 PM   
spark1

damon/greengrass slagged off james bond while promoting 'ulitimatum'.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 13
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 18/5/2013 3:05:54 PM   
Dave Oz

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

Yep, "Imperialist, right-wing nonsense" if I remember correctly (phrasing may not have been exactly along thos lines). Hard to disagree, but on the other hand I am a fan of Daniel Craig's Bond movies, lol.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 14
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 18/5/2013 8:12:55 PM   
vad3r

@TaranKillam:
''Just saw Ted. Mila Kunis is so good, acting against 2 inanimate objects.''

quote:

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 15
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 18/5/2013 9:52:02 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

quote:

Yep, "Imperialist, right-wing nonsense" if I remember correctly (phrasing may not have been exactly along thos lines). Hard to disagree, but on the other hand I am a fan of Daniel Craig's Bond movies, lol.

And yet, Greengrass attended the premiere of Skyfall.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 16
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 18/5/2013 10:14:25 PM   
Whistler

The one that surprised me recently was Morricone slating Tarantino, saying he "just throws bits of music in his films without thinking", or something along those lines. Knowing that they'll (probably) never work together again makes me a little sad, but I guess QT didn't use him until Kill Bill anyway so...

< Message edited by Whistler -- 18/5/2013 10:35:33 PM >

Post #: 17
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 19/5/2013 12:42:54 PM   
Dave Oz

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did he really? I would have loved to have seen a Greengrass Bond film (featuring Daniel Craig), but I guess the Bourne comparisons would be relentless.

Post #: 18
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 19/5/2013 2:29:50 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did he really? I would have loved to have seen a Greengrass Bond film (featuring Daniel Craig), but I guess the Bourne comparisons would be relentless.

I reckon the whole "Bond's a wanker" thing was just Damon & Greengrass cheekily exploiting the whole Bourne vs Bond thing which the media itself had already created. It made for good publicity.

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 19
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 9/6/2013 5:58:10 PM   
RobotDevil

quote:

@TaranKillam

Who is Taran Killam?

Beside the point. Spielberg said on Kermode and Mayo that he really didn't like 'Hook'.

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

Post #: 20
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 9/6/2013 6:09:30 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobotDevil

quote:

@TaranKillam

Who is Taran Killam?

Beside the point. Spielberg said on Kermode and Mayo that he really didn't like 'Hook'.

I think it's more along the lines of people who don't like other people's films.

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 21
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 9/6/2013 6:59:13 PM   
Cool Breeze

Kevin Smith described Superman Returns as '' a really boring movie ''.

He also doesnt hold the LOTR trilogy in high regard.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 22
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 9/6/2013 7:10:53 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Kevin Smith described Superman Returns as '' a really boring movie ''.

He also doesnt hold the LOTR trilogy in high regard.

I guess the only thing that Smith has do to become your new hero is to slag off Daniel Craig, ammarite?

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 9/6/2013 7:11:40 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 23
RE: Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Fi... - 9/6/2013 7:18:55 PM   
Cool Breeze

I beleive JJ Abrams made a comment when promoting his first Star Trek movie a few years back that he didnt think much of the SW prequels.Might have been the Empire issue promoting the film at the time.

When James Cameron was asked what he thought of Terminator Salvation he replied '' It wasnt as bad i thought it would be ''.However when asked by fans at a convention if he would direct another Aliens film, he replied '' You know what, i am almost tempted to do that because i beleive they have really screwed up that franchise'' .

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 9/6/2013 7:19:30 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Actors/Directors Who Have Said They Don't Like A Film Or Person Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI