Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New About Time Trailer Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New About Time Trailer Arrives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New About Time Trailer Arrives - 14/5/2013 12:40:02 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Haven't we seen this already? - 14/5/2013 12:40:02 PM   
oliraceking

Groundhog Day anyone? only with added 'explaining what the film's about' speech

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 14/5/2013 2:32:58 PM   
Spacecowboy

Merely a two word review: Shit Sandwich.

Post #: 3
The question should be - 14/5/2013 2:48:55 PM   
chris wootton

On what day did God invent Richard Curtis, and couldn't he have rested on that day as well?

Post #: 4
- 15/5/2013 12:05:34 AM   
Dave Oz

A bit harsh without having seen this film, but going on past Curtis output I'd rather not. Mawkish nonsense no doubt.

Post #: 5
RE: About Time - 30/6/2013 1:56:40 PM   
Scruffybobby

This was the Surprise Movie at the Edinburgh Film Festival. It's pretty typical Curtis.Socially Awkward Posho with wealthy "eccentric" family and friends falls for Pretty American Lady. Lots of embarrassing situations and soppiness ensue, SAP and PAL live happily ever after. Add to that a sci-fi device that only works so far as it tends to break its own rules which don't really make a lot of sense anyway. There are a few good laughs to be had and a scene late on is touching but Curtis pretty much spoils it a few minutes later by adding a further similar scene that is pure schmalz. It's all very "nice" and does have likeable performances from Gleeson and McAdams (although being Pretty and American pretty much sums up her entire character) and Bill Nighy is basically Bill Nighy. Fans of Four Weddings and Notting Hill will no doubt love it. Anyone else probably no so much.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 6
RE: About Time - 30/6/2013 9:48:05 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

This was the Surprise Movie at the Edinburgh Film Festival. It's pretty typical Curtis.Socially Awkward Posho with wealthy "eccentric" family and friends falls for Pretty American Lady. Lots of embarrassing situations and soppiness ensue, SAP and PAL live happily ever after. Add to that a sci-fi device that only works so far as it tends to break its own rules which don't really make a lot of sense anyway. There are a few good laughs to be had and a scene late on is touching but Curtis pretty much spoils it a few minutes later by adding a further similar scene that is pure schmalz. It's all very "nice" and does have likeable performances from Gleeson and McAdams (although being Pretty and American pretty much sums up her entire character) and Bill Nighy is basically Bill Nighy. Fans of Four Weddings and Notting Hill will no doubt love it. Anyone else probably no so much.

Scruffy, your new avatar is addicting. I could watch it, stop watching, and hours would have passed.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New About Time Trailer Arrives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI