Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Mmmm ... Yes please Mr. Cuaron.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Mmmm ... Yes please Mr. Cuaron. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mmmm ... Yes please Mr. Cuaron. - 10/5/2013 3:54:12 PM   
Nicky C

That looks wonderful and I'm sure will be much enhanced by an IMAX screen and what looks to be some sensitive 3D work. Mmm Yummer!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Too noisy! - 10/5/2013 5:53:41 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: drew42

What is it with all the bangs and crashes in space?! Can no-one get this right (apart from Stanley Kubrick obviously)?!

There's no air therefore nothing to carry the sound.

Here endeth the rant

Joss Whedon got it right in Firefly and Serenity.

(in reply to drew42)
Post #: 32
RE: Too noisy! - 10/5/2013 7:38:17 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: drew42

What is it with all the bangs and crashes in space?! Can no-one get this right (apart from Stanley Kubrick obviously)?!

There's no air therefore nothing to carry the sound.

Here endeth the rant

Good to know you focus on the important things

(in reply to drew42)
Post #: 33
RE: RE: - 10/5/2013 7:41:26 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_man_and_his_monkey

This seems to be one of those hipster movies that people are supposed to like just because the director has an eye for a beautiful shot. That's all good and well but I think I'll reserve my judgement until I see it. It looked pretty, but the premise of 2 people floating through space isn't really getting my juices flowing.

Not to sound like one of these "hipsters", but you need more than a gorgeous visual style to win over the fans. Look at the reaction to Prometheus.

(in reply to a_man_and_his_monkey)
Post #: 34
RE: RE: - 10/5/2013 8:32:30 PM   
dolfinack

Looks lovely but there would need to be a lot more going on than just a wee conversation between floating peeps.

"I'm as human as the next man"

"Dad! I WAS the next man!"

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 35
A teaser at best - 10/5/2013 9:16:47 PM   
KJCKJCKJC

This is just a teaser it doesn't give a full feel of how this film will be! I look forward to seeing it as a fan of film not one of these douches who left comments! Seriously I had no idea the cast of the Big Bang Theory read Empire Magazine!!

Post #: 36
Looks interesting - 11/5/2013 1:53:19 PM   
Normal Control

Children of Men was shite and Clooney can be dull, but I like Bullock who's super adaptable and usually makes good choices. An astronaut? She's in her 40s now believe it or not, and always conveys smarts, so yeah I could buy that. There must be more to this than meets the eye, and sometimes the less a trailer shows the better. Moon was lo-fi and brilliant and that had just 'one' actor, so if this is anywhere near as good count me in.

Post #: 37
"Children of Men was Shite"? - 12/5/2013 4:39:53 PM   
carpentersson

I can't imagine why EMPIRE haven't employed NORMAL CONTROL to write in their reviews secition. They're missing a trick there. Oops, finger slipped, one of the words in that last sentence should've started with a 'P' and not a 'T'.

Post #: 38
RE: Sandra Bullock & Shia LaBeouf Together? - 12/5/2013 8:34:23 PM   
MikeTheActorMan

You're an ABSOLUTE moron. Shia LaBeaouf is not in this film. Empire were just making a reference to him. Seriously, I facepalmed so hard.

Plus, there's absolutely nothing wrong with him, he's a brilliant actor!

(in reply to stippidoo)
Post #: 39
RE: "Children of Men was Shite"? - 12/5/2013 8:35:51 PM   
Normal Control

quote:

ORIGINAL: carpentersson

I can't imagine why EMPIRE haven't employed NORMAL CONTROL to write in their reviews secition. They're missing a trick there. Oops, finger slipped, one of the words in that last sentence should've started with a 'P' and not a 'T'.

WTF? First off its Normal Control, not all upper case (seriously, wtf?). Second, I choose to post reviews for free and they're guaranteed 100% organically produced, free from artificial flavours, colouring, preservatives, sweeteners, hype, bias, political correctness, bullshit (sometimes), and other additives. Thirdly, if you wanna argue about this, come along to Hyde Park and bring your weapons of choice lad! (will bring my nunchakus)

"you would need three promotions to get to be an asshole!"

(in reply to carpentersson)
Post #: 40
RE: Looks interesting - 13/5/2013 1:38:03 AM   
Hugh_Fran

Children Of Men was shite? Have you any argument to back that up?

(in reply to Normal Control)
Post #: 41
RE: "Children of Men was Shite"? - 13/5/2013 7:59:43 AM   
carpentersson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Normal Control

WTF? First off its Normal Control, not all upper case (seriously, wtf?). Second, I choose to post reviews for free and they're guaranteed 100% organically produced, free from artificial flavours, colouring, preservatives, sweeteners, hype, bias, political correctness, bullshit (sometimes), and other additives. Thirdly, if you wanna argue about this, come along to Hyde Park and bring your weapons of choice lad! (will bring my nunchakus)

First off, NORMAL CONTROL (I prefer it in CAPS, that's WTF), you can't make a statement like "Children of Men was shite" and not expect a backlash. That's your opinion and not an objective remark. So, the above reference about your reviews being free from bias sounds like bullshit to me. That's my opinion. Second of all, if I want waffle I'll seek out Birdseye in the freezer section. And finally, this is a movie forum, not FIGHT CLUB. I won't waste my day travelling to Hyde Park with my "weapon of choice" (are you FatBoy Slim?) just to knock you about. Besides, you seem like the type of person who beats themselves quite furiously on a regular basis.

Post #: 42
RE: Looks interesting - 13/5/2013 11:10:19 AM   
Normal Control

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugh_Fran

Yeah, carpenterkid seems to like it.

"you would need three promotions to get to be an asshole!"

(in reply to Hugh_Fran)
Post #: 43
RE: Looks interesting - 13/5/2013 1:05:10 PM   
carpentersson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Normal Control
quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugh_Fran

Yeah, carpenterkid seems to like it.

Terrific argument, NORMAL CONTROL. Well done. You can't tell but both of those sentences are dripping with sarcasm & I'm clapping my hands together at a mockingly slow speed.
This is a movie forum for people who are passionate about movies, not a platform to showcase your inability to communicate with the World.
CHILDREN OF MEN is a raw & intelligent piece of Sci-Fi, photographed with a spontaneous energy rarely seen outside of a BOURNE movie. And even if it wasn't, even if it was poorly written, terribly acted & incompetently staged, a derogatory comment like "Children of Men was shite" just doesn't cut it. I'm certain that it's not everybody's cup of tea but what is? If you could make everybody happy all of the time, being a politician would be a piece of piss. Regardless of personal taste (I never once claimed to like C.O.M), my comments were objective.
Your comments, however, are making you look like a twat & the trouble is, it really suits you.

Post #: 44
RE: Looks interesting - 13/5/2013 1:09:25 PM   
Whistler

Well fine, my funny gif won't embed so nobody gets to enjoy the joke.

< Message edited by Whistler -- 13/5/2013 1:14:59 PM >

(in reply to carpentersson)
Post #: 45
RE: Looks interesting - 18/5/2013 9:08:25 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

2nd re-watch of the trailer again and its has just heightened my interests.

I can forsee this film going down the route of something physiological drama like Solaris but at the same time creating that immersive dreamy tone of the later parts in Kubricks 2001:Space Odyssey.
The trailer also got me thinking about space in general.Just imagining floating through nothing-ness while your air supplies are deteriorating along with your physicality and mind.It would be,in many ways,a living hell.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 18/5/2013 10:08:27 AM >

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Mmmm ... Yes please Mr. Cuaron. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI