Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New R.I.P.D. Poster Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New R.I.P.D. Poster Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New R.I.P.D. Poster Online - 7/5/2013 1:30:32 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Jeff Bridges joins the scrapheap - 7/5/2013 1:30:32 PM   
Normal Control

another of my former acting heroes joins the lowest common denominator brigade stinking up cinema, copyrighted by De Niro. True Grit and Tron Legacy were shite. Sort it out dude, surely you don't need to go chasing bucks at this stage.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
The poster for the film is a Photoshop catastrophe. I d... - 7/5/2013 1:53:13 PM   
Martypants

Post #: 3
You are having a laugh - 7/5/2013 2:59:23 PM   
Hugh_Fran

Jeff Bridges is not stinking up the cinema, he is still one of the best actors around these days. And as for your outrageous comment that True Grit was shit, you've never been farther from the truth. Awesome movie in which Jeff Bridges gave an immense performance.

Post #: 4
RE: You are having a laugh - 7/5/2013 3:38:05 PM   
Cool Breeze

This film looks like shit.Absolute shit.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Hugh_Fran)
Post #: 5
- 7/5/2013 5:35:34 PM   
christofa101

Doesn't this whole film seem absurdly reminiscent of MiB? From the set up and the character types and interplay and well basically almost ABSOLUTELY everything. Someone said "it'll be great, like Men in Black but with ghosts and monsters instead of aliens" and then everyone took that incredibly literally...

Post #: 6
RE: - 7/5/2013 6:54:18 PM   
tommyinglis

quote:

ORIGINAL: christofa101

Doesn't this whole film seem absurdly reminiscent of MiB?

Someone reads Cacked.com: http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/the-new-movie-that-clearly-men-in-black-rip-off/

(in reply to christofa101)
Post #: 7
RE: Jeff Bridges joins the scrapheap - 7/5/2013 8:42:56 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Normal Control

another of my former acting heroes joins the lowest common denominator brigade stinking up cinema, copyrighted by De Niro. True Grit and Tron Legacy were shite. Sort it out dude, surely you don't need to go chasing bucks at this stage.

Such pompous crap. So he's been in two reasonably successful films you didn't like (one of which was much lauded at its time of release) and that means he's on the scrapheap? Get over yourself with this hyperbolic garbage.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 8/5/2013 12:22:38 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Normal Control)
Post #: 8
RE: Jeff Bridges joins the scrapheap - 7/5/2013 11:55:29 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Disagree, its also One of the more stronger films from the Coens in recent years.

Concerning this,well,its very Men in Black-ish.Not necessarily a bad thing considering the first Men In Black had alot of charm and wit (Will Smith was less annoying).

(in reply to Normal Control)
Post #: 9
RE: Jeff Bridges joins the scrapheap - 8/5/2013 12:27:18 AM   
Normal Control

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Such pompous crap. So he's been in two reasonably successful films you didn't like (one of which was much lauded at its time of release) and that means he's on the scrapheap? Get over yourself with this hyperbolic garbage.

Geez lady, are you ever gonna let me comment in peace...

"you would need three promotions to get to be an asshole!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 10
RE: You are having a laugh - 8/5/2013 1:12:28 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

This film looks like shit.Absolute shit.

FUCKING A!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New R.I.P.D. Poster Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI