Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dragon - 2/5/2013 1:33:43 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 2/5/2013 1:33:43 PM   
AxlReznor

I've just acquired free tickets to a screening of this movie on Sunday. I'll let you know what I think... last time I saw Chinese film in the cinema was Curse Of The Golden Flower.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
A bit brief. - 3/5/2013 3:18:52 PM   
evildave69

I'm sure the film's great but what kind of review is this for a four star movie?!

Post #: 3
Mis-sold - 6/9/2013 4:41:47 PM   
Stevenski Chan

Where is all the blistering action?

There are basically 3 action scenes in the whole movie. The one at the start is fairly cool, the one in the middle excellent & the finale disappointing.
However the story is good & as a film it's pretty decent. Just don't go into it expecting something like Iron Monkey because you'll come out disappointed.

Post #: 4
Mis-sold - 6/9/2013 4:41:48 PM   
Stevenski Chan

Where is all the blistering action?

There are basically 3 action scenes in the whole movie. The one at the start is fairly cool, the one in the middle excellent & the finale disappointing.
However the story is good & as a film it's pretty decent. Just don't go into it expecting something like Iron Monkey because you'll come out disappointed.

Post #: 5
HAI KARATE...... - 19/11/2013 5:27:22 PM   
ROTGUT

Any martial arts movie with Donnie Yen is worth a look. His classic fighting style and technique is less flashy than Bruce Lee, Jet Li or even Jackie Chan – but with very little visible wire work and some judicial editing, he’s always convincingly effective to watch. This film comes across a bit like Cronenberg’s A History of Violence mixed with Crouching Tiger. The first half with the visiting detective trying to piece together all the details of the “crime” was very good, the second half of the film lapsing into something a bit more violently conventional. Jimmy Wang Yu!! Unbelievable!!! I didn’t realise that he was still alive! And he can still carry off a pretty decent fight scene as well! And when Tang Long’s quiet family life is disrupted as his old gangland buddies come calling – zoweee!!! Not as humorous or action packed as IRON MONKEY or even Jet Li’s TAI CHI MASTER but still worth your time. A SOLID THREE STARS.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Dragon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI