Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Death Of Facebook?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Death Of Facebook? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 8:20:44 AM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

I'm honestlyof a vaguebook or two (mainly film related) but these piss me right off. I had one "friend" who used to post "I hate my job" or similar "oh woe is me, my life is shit, I have no money" type statuses (yet posted pics of the dogs, cats, lizards etc she had) all the time. I deleted her as I was very close to responding "if you hate your job that much get off your lardy arse and do something about it!" It was all about the "awwww hun xxxxxxxxxx love you, don't worry, it'll get better hun xxxxxxx" responses Oh and she was forever asking if anyone had any furniture they were chucking out..

That said, I'm expecting lots of "Happy Birthdays" soon or I'll be updating my status with "I'm so sad"

Aaaarrgghh no, honestly, quoting things you like for the appreciation of fellow-minded friends is not the same as vague-booking! I'm sorry for suggesting it is; I was just jesting in a puerile attempt to provoke Homer! (Usually works...)

I know what you mean about the chronic self-pitiers; they are a whole other Facebook breed. I knew one girl who posted pictures of her toddler son in a hospital bed getting emergency treatment. Made me feel sick. Seriously, if your small child is hospital, surely updating Facebook is the last thing on your mind?

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 31
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 9:18:59 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

Aaaarrgghh no, honestly, quoting things you like for the appreciation of fellow-minded friends is not the same as vague-booking! I'm sorry for suggesting it is; I was just jesting in a puerile attempt to provoke Homer! (Usually works...)

I do know what you mean. I guess to those odd people who don't like film as much as we do it would be considered vauge-booking For example of mine last weekend was just "Trevor!" To a lot of people that would be really vague It's the :( or "Tired" or "Crying" type stuff that is really annoying.

Always good to provoke Homer

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 32
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 9:28:18 AM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

It's the :( or "Tired" or "Crying" type stuff that is really annoying.

YES!

quote:

YES.

In Thom we trust.

Post #: 33
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 12:38:22 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Aside from the obvious keeping in touch with distant friends malarkey, what do people here use it for? (specifically when it comes to updates)

For me I only ever post links to news stories, a funny/insightful article (hopefully), a new trailer/track or a comment/rant on something that's going on the world.

I never ever post anything personal. I don't particularly want to share intimate aspects of my life on the internet (privacy settings enabled or otherwise) & the folk who do on my friends list...well, it feels like attention-seeking on their part & voyeurism on mine. In particular, a guy on my friends list had an entire break-up detailed on facebook a few weeks back - cringe-worthy doesn't even come close to describing this very public meltdown.

Oh & I second the disdain over uploading pictures of babies, pets & worthless status updates along the lines of "just had some chips, now cuddled up on sofa with ma hunk watching Take Me Out & about to go for a jobby" etc. I don't get people who like to "check-in" at their mates' house either, it's like they actually want to be stalked.

Oh and another one, people uploading a picture of their dinner. I mean why? Fair enough if it won you a Michelin star, but if it's come out of the microwave or the kitchen at Frankie & Benny's, no one gives a fuck.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 34
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 1:10:22 PM   
great_badir

I hate pretty much everything about FB and always have done, and it's particularly annoying now because my daily trending (or whatever the hell you call it on FB) is taken up by completely pointless bollocks posted by three friends (one of whom is my 12 year old niece, and I don't even understand 9 out of 10 things she posts) in particular. I have to scroll WAAAAYYYYYY down my timeline to get to anything even remotely interesting (e.g. a few of my friends have all had babies in the last 6 months, and it is nice to see their development, but I have to wade through a hundred photos of "funny" road signs, LOL cats, and stuff about long forgotten 70s TV shows first).

Having said that, it is by far the easiest way to keep in touch with some of my other friends who travel around the world a lot - in those cases, FB's own instant messenger is a godsend, when a phone call would be far to expensive and e-mail is too far removed from a conversation (before anyone says Skype, we don't have it).

So I loathe the thing, but often find it indispensable.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 35
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 1:16:07 PM   
elab49

Are there not other instant messagers out there without all the FB bobbins (I don't use IM, so I don't know myself).

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 36
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 1:17:10 PM   
MonsterCat

Facebook has its fair share of twats just like any other social media outlet. Doesn't mean I can stop enjoying them.

I've recently kicked open my account so I can get back into touch with people I used to work with in my old job. However, any tomfoolery will see them getting drop kicked from my friends list in no time.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 37
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 1:47:03 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
Are there not other instant messagers out there without all the FB bobbins (I don't use IM, so I don't know myself).

There are, but most of the ones I've tried either aren't as reliable, work completely differently in other countries (I understand the Yahoo IM in Germany doesn't work the same way as the UK one, and is pretty much unusable) or, in the case of Korea (where one of my mates spends half the year teaching), are not allowed. FB is the only one which always works in exactly the same way in every single country.

That's what I've been told independently by different friends, anyway.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 38
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 1:52:37 PM   
elab49

O/T

Is it an external/internal thing as IM is allowed in Korea - or is it maybe a particular type? Stuff like MSM turns up all the time in their TV shows although I think the Korean based ones are getting more common now.

That's by the by though = sounds like one useful thing about FB

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 39
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 1:58:59 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
O/T

Is it an external/internal thing as IM is allowed in Korea - or is it maybe a particular type? Stuff like MSM turns up all the time in their TV shows although I think the Korean based ones are getting more common now.

That's by the by though = sounds like one useful thing about FB

Possibly, but I don't know for sure. All I know is that my three travelling friends, and another who I don't physically see very often (due to both of us living at opposite ends of the country, and he has no landline only mobile) have all said that FB IM is the only one that is always there and there's no muss and no fuss using it. And, in that respect, they're right - it's never gone wrong on me in the 4-5 years I've been using it, whereas the Yahoo one is forever cocking up (or, rather, it always used to - haven't used it for ages).

But yeah, if nothing else, FB is brilliant for IMing.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 40
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 3/5/2013 8:53:37 PM   
Ghidorah

I don't know if I hate Facebook as an actual website or I hate how people miss use it. It's almost like people are competing with narcissists. Trying to get one better of each other. Surely if people have a reasonable friend count and post important stuff then surely FB would be more benefiscial than unintentional trolling what it is now. I only use Facebook as an email account when needed or posting holiday snaps. I like to keep my personal stuff almost private and any feeling towards work should never be put in writing. It's different to posting on a random forum because venting is good and work are unaware of negative press. So I hardly use Facebook.

Sometimes I go to a camera forum for information, advice and help those who would benefit from my experience. Most forum members I had seen are very careful when they post photos. Most aviod posting photos of children and what happened there end up complaints about people posting photos of their pet instead.
One forum member kept posting photos of his five year old daughter under eye catching thread titles. I think he got a telling off or a possible banned because I haven't notice him since a semi nude photo. A photo of a girl who just got out of a bath and angry of her father instrusion. Why would someone post that on the net I had no idea.

Post #: 41
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 4/5/2013 7:23:33 PM   
steffols

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Yeah, the ":(" statuses, or "So angry", or "FFS" that are designed solely to get replies like, "wots up bbz? xxoxoxx" or "u ok hun? xx" only to then get the reply, "ill inbox u xxxxxx". GAH. WHY BOTHER?!?! Attention seeking whores.

I'm guilty of a vaguebook or two (mainly film related) but these piss me right off. I had one "friend" who used to post "I hate my job" or similar "oh woe is me, my life is shit, I have no money" type statuses (yet posted pics of the dogs, cats, lizards etc she had) all the time. I deleted her as I was very close to responding "if you hate your job that much get off your lardy arse and do something about it!" It was all about the "awwww hun xxxxxxxxxx love you, don't worry, it'll get better hun xxxxxxx" responses Oh and she was forever asking if anyone had any furniture they were chucking out..

That said, I'm expecting lots of "Happy Birthdays" soon or I'll be updating my status with "I'm so sad"

My other half has a friend who is guilty of this and then some. He's recently split up with his wife (who had a recent change of sexuality) and since them it's been 'my life is shit, don't know why I'm still here'. Last week took the biscuit though, it basically went 'I hope this tumour kills me!' Which obviously got my other half really upset (he was best man at the ill-fated wedding). I told him not to worry as he's very much guilty of the vague status update. I think this guy forgets that people who actually care about him don't really want to find out about potential cancer scares via facebook.

< Message edited by steffols -- 4/5/2013 7:24:20 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 42
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 4/5/2013 8:30:50 PM   
doubtlesswonder

I wouldn't say I love or hate FB. It's very useful for group discussions. I have two ongoing group messages that are constantly updated- one where me and my uni friends help each other out with coursework and stuff, and one where my other main group of friends arrange nights out, because it's just easier that way. That's the main thing I use it for. That and the Avengers game, which is a bit of fun. I sometimes post silly cat pictures to my friend's page because she got three kittens not long ago and they're all a bit mental. Other than that, I mostly post film related stuff, trailers and whatnot.

The things I hate most is the "If you don't share this, you don't care about cancer/you're racist" etc type things, the recent spurt of "Share this or a dead girl will kill you in your sleep" things and the ever-so-clever "Share this picture of a spider/clown if you know someone who's scared of spiders/clowns."

What drives me most crazy, though, is my fourteen year old second cousin. She's one of those attention seeking teenagers who posts a picture simply so she can caption it with "OMG I look awful". Or posts one where she's wearing a see-through top with the caption "Omg I didn't realise you could see my bra!" and then doesn't remove it. I don't understand why her mother (who is- usually- a very strict Christian) doesn't have a problem with her posting these kinds of things, not to mention some of the language she uses.

She also uses this Ask.fm thing, which is basically a tool for people to bully each other anonymously. A relative of mine was being bullied about self-harming through it a while ago before she removed it, and my second cousin gets a lot of nasty message. I just don't understand why something like that even exists. But seriously, kids, don't post a link up with the comment "Ask me anything!" and expect to get friendly messages about where you buy your clothes from.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 43
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 4/5/2013 10:34:28 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

a puerile attempt to provoke Homer! (Usually works...)

quote:

quote:

quote:

YES.

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

I wouldn't say I love or hate FB.

Bum.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 44
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 4/5/2013 10:51:12 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

Bum.

It's not even slightly predictable!

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 45
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 4/5/2013 10:58:18 PM   
jcthefirst

Blog I wrote a while back about facebook:

So, recently I had a friend cull.

On facebook. I didnít kill anyone or anything.

Actually calling it a cull is a bit much; I deleted, like, 7 people. Mainly for offences that are unforgivable. A lot of it is just filling my news feed with random bullshit that I donít really care about, much less want to read further. And yes, Iím aware of the irony that you probably came to this blog through a facebook link, and that I myself am incredibly guilty of putting up random links to shit you might not care about so this blog might seem a bit rich coming from me. However, at least my shit is easily ignorable, and to be fair I donít much care if people delete me. Below is a list of the aforementioned offences that cause you to get deleted.

Or un-friended.

1. Horoscopes

Signing up for these daily horoscopes so that you and you alone can see them is fine. Good for you. You can enjoy a daily dose of bullshit about whatís going to happen in your life and see it every day. However, just because you think its great doesnít mean you should make it public and stick it on my news feed as well. I couldnít give a monkeyís that youíre a Libra, and that Jupiterís fourth moon has aligned with Omicron Persei 8 and therefore youíll have an alright day today. I could have told you that youíll have an alright day today. Statistically speaking most people have an alright day. Just most people donít post it on facebook under the guise of cosmic fucking significance.

2. The ĎIím so hungoverí update, or any other self pitying status

Well done, you went out last night. You got drunk. Youíre really hungover this morning. I really donít care. The next weekend: same status. The weekend after: same again. Repeat ad nauseam.

The same goes for any status looking for pity. If itís something that worthy of pity you wonít post it on facebook; therefore itís something thatís not bad enough to keep private but something you feel that just about bad enough that some of your more gullible, brown nosing facebook friends will comment upon making you feel better.

Reply: Aw, whatís wrong, babe?
Me: Fuck off

3. Song lyrics as statuses

You think this makes you sound deep, do you? That you can quote a line of a song as if it sums up EXACTLY how youíre feeling. Well, whoop-de-bloody-do. Some other people go through the same sort of shit, but donít feel compelled to quote a song lyric that someone else has written to convey their feelings. Instead do something different and channel your anger/sadness/pathetic existence and write something yourself.

The same applies for bible verses by the way.

4. Chain statuses

You know the type; repost this if you know someone who has been affected by ________. Why, exactly? Is it going to help somehow? Will it bring the dead back to life? Example - ďLittle Timmy has got stuck down a well. Repost this if you want to help.Ē I donít want to help little Timmy. Mainly because little Timmy doesnít exist, but if he did heís got to be pretty fucking stupid if he thinks that a couple of thousand facebook statuses will pull his ass out of a well.

The other one that annoys are the Ďnow that youíve read this you will die, unless you post this on the walls of ten friends.í If I get one of these from you, you are instantly deleted. Unless of course youíre the person thatís still waiting on your cheque from Bill Gates for that beta test many moons ago? In which case, we were never friends in the first place.

5. Ridiculous amounts of updates.

I post to facebook whenever I have something to share. Something that I think some folks might find funny. I donít vomit every single thought I ever have onto all my friend news feeds. I have the forethought to think that they might not care that I just wrote on my hand with a black marker (ďOMG, LOL I just wrote on my hand! In black permo marker! Wat a dumass!!!!111!) or that I accidentally started singing the song that I was listening to on my iPod a little too loudly for a public workspace. Both of these things did actually happen to me today, but you wouldnít care about them if I put them on facebook so donít presume that Iíll want to read your incessant 10 in an hour updates.

The worst, though, is during any kind of sporting event in which some of my (former) friends decided that they wanted to take over the commentary of the event. In text only. Seriously. Offering an opinion on every kick of the ball. I didnít need to actually watch the game, just read this personís constant updates over the 90 minutes.

6. Facebook games

Thankfully you donít see it as much now, but every so often I still get the odd game request Ė Ďsuch and such has given you a wrench to use in Mafia Wars, if you give them 3000 Mafia points.í What? Iíve never played Mafia Wars in my life. Or Farmville. Why do people presume that they can get me to play these things? And besides, as far as I can tell theyíre only doing it so I can give them more points (or whatever) to fuel their own addiction to the blasted thing.

So youíll get unfriended. Iím a facebook friend, not a bloody Farmville pimp.

7. Self congratulatory posts

The type of post that some people make after training or the gym or some other group activity. ĎGreat session tonight ladsí - I donít see the point of this sort of post. You were at the thing with the people you are supposedly typing this status to, so why didnít you say that to their face at the thing that you were doing together? UnlessÖyou want other people to hear that you had a great training session/gym workout/whatever, so that people know that thatís what you were doing, while the original poster remains vague and aloof enough to make it seem like they werenít looking for validation in the first place. The same goes for posts that are so obviously designed to elicit a Ďoh, well done youí response. Unless itís something of an actual achievement you shall get no such praise from me.

So, in conclusion, Iím a great facebook friend and you should all add me. Just make sure that any random shit you post is funny. And not downright fucking insulting to my intelligence. At least that way itís forgivable.

Do you want to end up in a future blog? DO YOU?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

Post #: 46
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 5/5/2013 12:06:35 AM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bum.

I don't derail every status... Not any more...

also, great post there JC.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 47
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 5/5/2013 12:14:00 PM   
Scruffybobby

I've just cut a fair wedge from my friends. Mainly because I've never had any kind of interaction with them on FB, there are a few though who went bye bye because they post random annoying crap and some offensive stuff like "immigrants keep getting free stuff while pensioners get pissed on and if you don't repost you have no balls". That or they kept sending me Candy Crush requests..

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

Post #: 48
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 5/5/2013 2:39:12 PM   
Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

a few though who went bye bye because they post random annoying crap and some offensive stuff like "immigrants keep getting free stuff while pensioners get pissed on and if you don't repost you have no balls". That or they kept sending me Candy Crush requests..

Both equally abhorrent

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 49
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 5/5/2013 6:32:34 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bum.

I don't derail every status... Not any more...

also, great post there JC.

More like one in five now, I think!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

a few though who went bye bye because they post random annoying crap and some offensive stuff like "immigrants keep getting free stuff while pensioners get pissed on and if you don't repost you have no balls". That or they kept sending me Candy Crush requests..

Both equally abhorrent

Definitely! I play one game now, at a time I played a few but I had my settings adjusted so they didn't spam all over my wall and I only sent requests to people that I knew also played the game.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 50
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 1:55:58 PM   
musewitch

Something I find hugely annoying and not yet mentioned in this thread is wishing a partner 'Happy anniversary babez, loves you xxooxx' when they're most likely sat right bloody next to them.

Can't look Can't look

Post #: 51
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 1:58:17 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: musewitch

Something I find hugely annoying and not yet mentioned in this thread is wishing a partner 'Happy anniversary babez, loves you xxooxx' when they're most likely sat right bloody next to them.

I knew a guy who communicated to his girlfriend via Facebook. Thing is, they would do this while they were both at home.

Suffice to say I wanted to go over there and kill them both.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to musewitch)
Post #: 52
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 2:08:35 PM   
DancingClown

Yeah, it's basically just a way of subtly reminding everyone else of an occasion and demanding that they respond in kind.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 53
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 2:16:33 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

I knew a guy who communicated to his girlfriend via Facebook. Thing is, they would do this while they were both at home.

Suffice to say I wanted to go over there and have sex with them both.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 54
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 2:33:54 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

People who post Happy Birthday messages to dead friends and relatives. Have a fucking word with yourselves they can't read it, just admit you're lonely and you want some attention.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 55
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 2:41:00 PM   
Shifty Bench

Or they just want to honour the memories of their friends or relatives.....

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 56
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 2:59:30 PM   
chewbacasnapsak

It just strikes me of lazy attention seeking and using someone who is deceased to get likes and comments.

There surely must be better ways of remembering a loved one rather than wishing them happy birthday in the first person on Facebook.

"who'd pay a million dollars to have me killed"
"jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors...the list is endless"

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 57
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 3:11:18 PM   
Hood_Man

If that's what they're comfortable doing I don't see the harm.

(in reply to chewbacasnapsak)
Post #: 58
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 3:18:46 PM   
demoncleaner

I quit Facebook the year before last.  I would get drunk and post inordinate music videos with an accompanying attempt at a witty blurb which usually referenced - at an alarmingly escalating rate - some manager from work.  I was at a birthday party and glimpsed by nieceís timeline, I had completely hijacked the whole thing and then, in a road to Damascus moment of revelation, I saw what an irritating bastard I was on Facebook.  After you quit people assume youíve defriended them which isnít cool either.  I also closed my Twitter account at around the same time for insulting Graham Linehan with an excruciating typo.  I never wanted to form any negative associations with Father Ted and thatís why the account had to be shot in the head.  I regret that every day.

WellÖthatís the extent of my social networking confession.  Best not to get involved with it, thatís what I say.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 59
RE: The Death Of Facebook? - 6/6/2013 4:36:43 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Suffice to say I wanted to go over there and kill them both.

At least on facebook you can unsubscribe/unfriend. These are the same couples that have to do everything together in public, always holding hands and lovey-dovey ... it IS possible to be in a relationship without making the people around you want to vomit.

On the facebook front I know a couple who spent 3 months publicly counting down to there holiday in New York, during the last month I was actually counting down with them to the day they'd shut up about it

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: The Death Of Facebook? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI