Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 26/4/2013 12:15:51 PM   
James Dyer

No you're not seeing things, the combined iPad/print subscriptions you've been pining for are now (almost upon us). You should notice an update to your app today, introducing a new banner allowing subscribers to register and sign in to access the iPad edition. HOWEVER, it won't work just yet as the backend work won't be complete until early next week (Apple were speedier with the approval process than expected). By Wednesday, though, all systems will be go. Apologies for not telling you sooner but after all the delays I opted for a George R R Martin approach and decided to tell you when it's done!

In terms of how it will work, you'll be able to buy dual subscriptions for £5 more than the regular print-only price. However, by way of apology for the long wait, we'll be allowing subscribers to access the iPad edition for free for the first six months.

"Mrs Landingham, what's next?"
Post #: 1
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 26/4/2013 1:36:55 PM   
Janetyjanet

*faints*

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 2
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 26/4/2013 5:47:16 PM   
Philbh

Did you time this to coincide with my Birthday tomorrow? Excellent news, and I am more than happy to pay the additional £5 for a dual subscription.

(in reply to Janetyjanet)
Post #: 3
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 26/4/2013 5:52:04 PM   
eb92

OMGOMGOMGOMG *swoon* I can't breathe!

Never though my first post would look remotely like the above!

Great news and can't wait!

Post #: 4
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 28/4/2013 11:26:54 AM   
movie_mad

I've been subscribing for about a year now (I think the Prometheus cover was my first) and I was just wondering if there was any way I can download my previously bought issues from when I subscribed on my iPad for free when I merge the iPad/magazine subscription together next week?

(in reply to eb92)
Post #: 5
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 1/5/2013 4:38:51 PM   
eb92

Assuming that you've been buggered over again James?

Looking forward to this quite a bit.

(in reply to movie_mad)
Post #: 6
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 12:57:48 PM   
James Dyer

quote:

ORIGINAL: movie_mad

I've been subscribing for about a year now (I think the Prometheus cover was my first) and I was just wondering if there was any way I can download my previously bought issues from when I subscribed on my iPad for free when I merge the iPad/magazine subscription together next week?

Unfortunately not, they don't work retroactively.

(in reply to movie_mad)
Post #: 7
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 12:58:51 PM   
James Dyer

I've been told that this is all now working. There may be teething troubles but I'm reasonably confident in saying that you should all GO NUTS RIGHT NOW!!!

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 8
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 1:10:06 PM   
Artoo02

quote:

ORIGINAL: movie_mad

That would seem to be another missed opportunity. I suspect if they asked for another £5 for access to all available issues ever supplied via print subscription they'd make a heck of a lot more money than wanting people to pay full whack for old issues.

Glad this is finally all set up though. I think £5 extra for both versions will be perfectly reasonable.

So I'm going to download the latest issue… yay!

"Error During Download.
Please try your download again later. "

Must be some of those 'teething troubles' then. Gotta laugh really. Maybe it's all been a bit rushed!? Account set-up all worked fine though.

"Let us go forth together in search of the treasure of Lapis Lazuli! Have no fear. Space is deformed on the night of the new moon."
----
"Star Wars is Forever, Roger. And you can Suck it."

(in reply to movie_mad)
Post #: 9
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 2:15:11 PM   
Dougal

Getting Authentication Failed a lot. Account has been set up and trial has been applied for....

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 10
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 3:10:27 PM   
Phoncible

Also getting

"Error During Download.
Please try your download again later. "

Hmm... Seems like a major problem.

(in reply to Dougal)
Post #: 11
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 3:12:34 PM   
James Dyer

That's an Adobe issue (a frustratingly common one). It's usually a server issue at their end, occasionally it's a corrupted folio that requires a reinstall but that's unusual.

(in reply to Phoncible)
Post #: 12
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 5:37:51 PM   
Kevtb

Got mine up and running. Works perfectly. Thanks for sticking with it James and not resorting to a huge additional price tag. You've made a lot of people very happy.

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 13
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 6:28:13 PM   
Phoncible

Working here now too! Yay

(in reply to Kevtb)
Post #: 14
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 10:16:25 PM   
eb92

Hope the problems are worked out soon! I still cannot get on to 'create an account' page! Everything sounds promising though!

(in reply to Phoncible)
Post #: 15
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 2/5/2013 10:38:22 PM   
Artoo02

Latest issue finally downloaded as it's supposed to. Cool stuff.

I almost feel sarcastic for saying thanks to all responsible for finally getting it done, but, er, thanks to all responsible for finally getting it done.

"Let us go forth together in search of the treasure of Lapis Lazuli! Have no fear. Space is deformed on the night of the new moon."
----
"Star Wars is Forever, Roger. And you can Suck it."

(in reply to eb92)
Post #: 16
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 2:00:46 AM   
doubtlesswonder

To clarify, what do we click?

I see a banner that says "Subscribe now to get your copy of the world's best move magazine every month" just like always, but when I press it I'm just given the three subscription options and the option to restore all purchases. Where do I put my account details in?

EDIT: Never mind, it was because the app hadn't updated. Now I just need the server to work so I can create an account. Exciting!

< Message edited by doubtlesswonder -- 3/5/2013 2:09:23 AM >

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Artoo02)
Post #: 17
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 5:35:47 AM   
Janetyjanet

Is anyone else stuck on 'create an account'?
- when I select, it goes to a new white screen & cycles round for about a minute, then I get the message

"Cannot open page. This page cannot be opened because the server where this page is located isn't responding"

Have been getting this since yesterday :-(

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 18
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 6:23:56 AM   
darknight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Janetyjanet

- when I select, it goes to a new white screen & cycles round for about a minute, then I get the message

"Cannot open page. This page cannot be opened because the server where this page is located isn't responding"

Yep, same here. Teething problems to be expected I suppose, but for info, I got a slightly different message on one occasion:

'Cannot open page. This page cannot be opened because of an error. The error is "The operation couldn't be completed. Bad file descriptor" (9)'

Hope this helps!!! And so we wait a little longer... :)

Post #: 19
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 7:25:41 AM   
Janetyjanet

* Drums fingers on table and glares at recalcitrant software *

(in reply to darknight)
Post #: 20
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 7:44:43 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

Been trying to sign in with what I thought my account details were (couldn't remember if I had set up an account or not) and keep getting "Authentication failed" so assumed I either forgot password or didn't have an account.

Forgot password and "Create and account", I just get white screen, hangs and then " This page cannot be opened because the server where this page is located isn't responding"

Deleted and re-installed the app but still no joy

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 21
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 8:24:49 AM   
Philbh

I'm having the same problem as a few others in this thread. I get an Authentication failed when trying to log in. If I select either forgot my password or create an account, I get a blank page for 30 Seconds followed by the message "This page cannot be opened because the server where this page is located isn't responding".

I've tried this from work and home, rebooted the iPad and reinstalled the app.

So close, yet still so far away :(

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 22
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 11:16:10 AM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

Been trying to sign in with what I thought my account details were (couldn't remember if I had set up an account or not) and keep getting "Authentication failed" so assumed I either forgot password or didn't have an account.

Forgot password and "Create and account", I just get white screen, hangs and then " This page cannot be opened because the server where this page is located isn't responding"

Deleted and re-installed the app but still no joy

Are we supposed to sign in with the account details we have on the greatmagazines website? If so, I keep getting authentication failed when I try that. When I try and create an account I get a message that says it can't find my details. I had the white screen problem all last night.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 23
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 3:02:23 PM   
Robsingh

Hey Doubtlesswonder

Go to www.greatmagazines.co.uk/digitaltrials sign up or log in -

you will need your subscriber number to sign up, this will be in any corrospondence that you have had from us about your subscription and is on your address label.

You will then use your greatmagazines log in to log in to the Empire App and claim your free trial.

We were having a few tech issues yesterday, which have now been resolved, so if you try again you shouldn't get stuck at the white screen

Cheers
Rob

Rob Singh
Empire Direct Marketing Manager

If you have a problem with your subscription call -
01858 438806 or email bauer@subscription.co.uk

Post #: 24
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 4:47:06 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Robsingh

Hey Doubtlesswonder

Go to www.greatmagazines.co.uk/digitaltrials sign up or log in -

you will need your subscriber number to sign up, this will be in any corrospondence that you have had from us about your subscription and is on your address label.

You will then use your greatmagazines log in to log in to the Empire App and claim your free trial.

We were having a few tech issues yesterday, which have now been resolved, so if you try again you shouldn't get stuck at the white screen

Cheers
Rob

Thanks for your reply.

I signed up for the trial on the greatmagazines site. They said they would send me an email confirmation but I never got it.

I've tried logging in to the app with my greatmagazines log in details but it keeps saying "Authentication failed"

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Robsingh)
Post #: 25
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 3/5/2013 9:05:47 PM   
Janetyjanet

SUCCESS!!!

Post #: 26
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 4/5/2013 10:43:12 AM   
darknight

Yep, all up and running now!! Cheers all!

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 27
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 4/5/2013 3:27:18 PM   
doubtlesswonder

Ah, got it all sorted now. Awesome!

I do wish the back issues weren't £3.99 a pop, especially when Total Film's back issues are only £1.49, but I suppose I'm just being greedy.

quote:

homersimpson_esq

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to darknight)
Post #: 28
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 19/5/2013 12:31:03 PM   
bruised_blood

Howdy,

I have a running 6 month digital subscription which I bought via the app itself which is not due to end till November. Am I not able to take advantage of this offer until that one runs out? My Apple details don't seem to work as subscriber sign-in, and I have no idea if I have a customer number, or even where I'd find it?

Help!

Post #: 29
RE: Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions - 20/5/2013 9:10:35 AM   
James Dyer

Unfortunately not. The offer is only for print subscribers - I know that seems unfair but Apple don't share the details of digital subscribers with us so there's no way of doing it the other way around. Your best bet would be to let your digital subscription expire (don't let it auto renew) and then subscribe the double bundle once it does. Sorry about that, I know it's quite annoying.

(in reply to bruised_blood)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> Combined Mag/iPad subscriptions Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI