Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Marc Forster On World War Z's Reshoots

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Marc Forster On World War Z's Reshoots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Marc Forster On World War Z's Reshoots - 23/4/2013 2:51:35 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 23/4/2013 2:51:35 PM   
chris wootton

I think he's fucked it and is now trying to dig himself out of a hole. Got a bad feeling about this movie

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
YAWN - 23/4/2013 2:54:07 PM   
purplegnome

YAWN to much has changed from source material was really looking forward tothis and pg13 nothing at all to interest me know

Post #: 3
Bryan Cranston is not on this movie! - 23/4/2013 4:29:41 PM   
Maca007

Jesus Empire...

Post #: 4
World War Z looks awesome!! - 23/4/2013 4:38:12 PM   
Graveriser1978

I happened to be in George Square (Glasgow) while the shooting of WWZ was being filmed, and the trailer looks like the film's going to live up to the hype. The olimpic-sprinting flesheaters look and move fantastically like a horde of unstoppable ravenous undead. Can't wait for release day.

Post #: 5
RE: - 23/4/2013 6:14:25 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris wootton

I think he's fucked it and is now trying to dig himself out of a hole. Got a bad feeling about this movie

I agree; this sounds like the time I told my mum her roast dinners were not as good as my girl friends by accident...I back tracked a lot but which ever direction I looked I was fucked and nothing I could say would get me out of it!!

Brad Pitt could have walked in the room and the chicken could have become a zombie chicken...either way I was fucked!!

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 6
Oh no... a kiddie friendly zombie film. - 23/4/2013 6:16:17 PM   
Silvio Mugabe

PG 13? Count me out! Shame really. I love the book and accepted that the film would be a radical departure from the source material; but the minute a zombie film gets a kiddie friendly rating tells me one thing ... stay at home and watch Paranorman. Hell, even The Walking Dead gets a higher rating. What does that tell you?

Post #: 7
- 23/4/2013 6:28:49 PM   
BenTramer

It's hard to screw up a zombie movie, but the trailer and all these reshoots and other problems don't look good.

Post #: 8
1 star material - 23/4/2013 6:53:57 PM   
lsdbaby

Everything about this film looks crap. And wrong. That is all.

Post #: 9
JESUS CHRIST.... - 23/4/2013 8:04:16 PM   
natman_begins

This is one of the reasons that people download films illegally. I cannot see how this will be good, Forster has screwed with the source material too much, far too much. I'm afraid I will be looking for a torrent of this unless it's even worse than I imagine it already will be.

Post #: 10
Oh dear - 23/4/2013 9:08:32 PM   
Tootled

Looking at the production troubles this film has had, reminds me of the problems that Waterworld had, but without the water and zombies instead. World War Flop?

Post #: 11
The book is average at best. - 24/4/2013 1:50:50 PM   
geostewart66

I'm sorry but your all being naive to think to think a exact copy of the novel on screen would interest anyone but the fan boys. There are too many characters that are entirely unrelated to each other, and are separated by geography, culture and time so that a casual viewer would be lost as to who was who and related to the last guy in what way?

Movies are not made for fans. They are made for profit. You can moan all you want about Constatntine's hair being a different colour but its not your decision.

Anyway, the WWZ book is average at best and you can glorify it all you want but the characters are all uniform (read each chapter, its like the same person narrating every one) and frankly bland. Except the blind gardener, he's just absurd.

Post #: 12
RE: The book is average at best. - 25/4/2013 2:52:16 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: geostewart66

I'm sorry but your all being naive to think to think a exact copy of the novel on screen would interest anyone but the fan boys. There are too many characters that are entirely unrelated to each other, and are separated by geography, culture and time so that a casual viewer would be lost as to who was who and related to the last guy in what way?

Movies are not made for fans. They are made for profit. You can moan all you want about Constatntine's hair being a different colour but its not your decision.

Anyway, the WWZ book is average at best and you can glorify it all you want but the characters are all uniform (read each chapter, its like the same person narrating every one) and frankly bland. Except the blind gardener, he's just absurd.

Oh really? Oh...I''ll just close my forum account and go home then...*hangs head....strolls off into the sunset...*

*changes mind...comes running back to forum*

I disagree with you. I don't think anyone was naive to expect an exact carbon copy of the novel which, fyi I thought was superb, because you're correct - it just wouldn't have worked. But I think people were entitled to see something that at least resembled the source material in more than just the name.

I also disagree with your comment that doing something resembling the book would have only appeased 'fan boys' (a derogatory term guaranteed to piss people off); the zombie genre is done to death quite frankly *roll of snare drum...silence...tumbleweed....cricket noise...* other than a few instances (Sean of the Dead, Zombieland, The Walking Dead and the criminally over looked Colin for example) their has been nothing interesting for a long time. If Foster had taken the ideals even from the book then we would be about to watch something that has a different take on the genre as oppossed to what is looking like a PG-13, watered down, standard zombie flick.

The fact that they did reshoots to tone down the politics in the film...which was kinda the point of the book in the first place...says it all really!!

But like you said, its not my decision so I should just stop talking about it...

< Message edited by waltham1979 -- 25/4/2013 2:54:43 PM >

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to geostewart66)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Marc Forster On World War Z's Reshoots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI