Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Help Please - Does anyone know this film?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Help Please - Does anyone know this film? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help Please - Does anyone know this film? - 22/4/2013 9:30:04 AM   
Saturn48

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, so I really hope I've posted in the correct place, many apologies if I'm wrong!

I remember seeing this film a number of years ago on television and, also remember that when it was introduced, it was considered as highly rated. I really enjoyed it, but despite all this, I can't for the life of me, remember the name of it, I can't give very much detail about the plot, nor do I remember any of the actors/ actresses etc.,

I'm obviously very sorry to be so vague, but there are a couple of details I can remember which are quite significant and may be of help.

At the start of the film a man (I think with his girlfriend) drives into a non white area of the city (I think maybe New York). There, they are waylaid by a gang of black youths. From this point I can remember little, but the most important feature is that during the film this man befriends the leader of the gang, who has a longing to visit and see the Grand Canyon. The end of the film sees the black lad have his wish and they visit the canyon together.

The memories of this film have been bugging me for ages and I would love to see it again. I have consistently trawled television listings, but all to no avail. This film is really good and I feel sure that someone out there must know of it.

Any help you can give me would be highly appreciated.

With many thanks and here's hoping.
Post #: 1
RE: Help Please - Does anyone know this film? - 22/4/2013 11:22:43 AM   
BudBaxter

There's a 'Name This Film' thread at the top of the page.

The film you're looking for is Grand Canyon.

Though the fact that you've underlined those particular words in your post leads me to believe you already knew that...

(in reply to Saturn48)
Post #: 2
RE: Help Please - Does anyone know this film? - 23/4/2013 7:24:45 AM   
Saturn48

BudBaxter, Thank You.

I admit I was aware of this film, but really didn't think it was the correct one. However, having now read a synopsis of the plot on the "Net" I'm sure you're correct. Why I didn't do this before I have no idea - it's an age thing I think!

Many thanks and apologies for posting in the wrong thread and appearing to be so bloody thick!

(in reply to Saturn48)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Help Please - Does anyone know this film? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI