Film Help

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Film Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Film Help - 16/4/2013 1:33:08 AM   
cannydodgers

Hey guys my friend and i have made a film on Hacking and Anonymous for my film studies coursework however the second part of the coursework is a reflective analysis and film that is similar to ours. Since our film is about hackers (that go for government sites) and anonymous could you recommend a film i can use in my analysis.

Post #: 1
RE: Film Help - 16/4/2013 10:25:54 PM   
sandy666

War Games - a whole film based on hacking - and some of the ideas are still relevent today. Weak passwords, etc. It may be "old" but you might find something relevent. Certainly it explains hacking.

Catfish - a film about how people conceal and create new identities through social media. Not Anonymous, but similar.

An Enemy of the people - surveilance, hacking and anonymity in a tense thriller.

(in reply to cannydodgers)
Post #: 2
RE: Film Help - 16/4/2013 10:36:11 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: cannydodgers

Hey guys my friend and i have made a film on Hacking and Anonymous for my film studies coursework however the second part of the coursework is a reflective analysis and film that is similar to ours. Since our film is about hackers (that go for government sites) and anonymous could you recommend a film i can use in my analysis.

V for Vendetta.

While not really specific to government sites, you could mention how hacking is sometimes seen as a magic problem-solving button. Think Lex in Jurassic Park magically booting up the door locks.

Also I'd add a few thoughts of your own, OP, since homework threads tend to get locked unless you add to the discussion yourself.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 3
RE: Film Help - 18/4/2013 6:37:29 PM   
cannydodgers

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I have watched V for Vendetta that is a very good film to refer back too. War games i have heard of, but never actually watched it. Gives me another reason to watch it. I would use matrix or any old sci-fi film but they seem to lose realism and make some scenes really dull.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 4
RE: Film Help - 18/4/2013 6:42:10 PM   
cannydodgers

I also just watched a scene from War Games. I liked the fact that you have this growing tension in the Tic Tac Toe and then this chaotic chain of events. Really sweet

Post #: 5
RE: Film Help - 25/4/2013 11:50:22 PM   
sandy666

Checking wikipedia's page for War GAmes, it says that the word "firewall" originated from the film War Games. 

Post #: 6
RE: Film Help - 1/5/2013 9:55:17 PM   
classics_are_best

war games 2 . hackers 2 aka takedown . die hard 4.0
hackers 2 is a true story

(in reply to sandy666)
Post #: 7
RE: Film Help - 1/5/2013 10:11:16 PM   
Taizy

The Net - Sandra Bullock as a woman whose identity is swapped via computer records as part of a bigger government overthrow... mwa ha ha :( I have no idea how hacking works etc but am pretty sure it's a major theme and it's a decent film in a 'so bad it's good' kind of way...

Some people call it stalking but it's just selective walking...

(in reply to classics_are_best)
Post #: 8
RE: Film Help - 1/5/2013 10:17:02 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Tron maybe?
Yes/No?.I dont know.

(in reply to Taizy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Film Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI