Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Full Carrie Trailer Is Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Full Carrie Trailer Is Here Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Full Carrie Trailer Is Here - 5/4/2013 5:13:11 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
No No No No...No! - 5/4/2013 5:13:11 AM   
pythonlove

All I can see is another crap CGI remake of a horror classic with better effects and not a fraction of the emotional power. And Chloe is too young.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: No No No No...No! - 5/4/2013 7:39:41 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: pythonlove
All I can see is another crap CGI remake of a horror classic with better effects and not a fraction of the emotional power. And Chloe is too young.

Everything wrong is right there. Nothing is "classic" about the godawful original Carrie film. And it was mostly godawful BECAUSE it was horror, when its supposed to be thriller. This one looks like its got spectacularly more emotional power in it than that old crap-fest ever could dream of.

My only issue is it seems they are putting too much emphasis on the mother. Possibly for Julianne Moore's star power.

(in reply to pythonlove)
Post #: 3
RE: No No No No...No! - 5/4/2013 8:25:03 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeoBrowser

quote:

Everything wrong is right there. Nothing is "classic" about the godawful original Carrie film. And it was mostly godawful BECAUSE it was horror, when its supposed to be thriller. This one looks like its got spectacularly more emotional power in it than that old crap-fest ever could dream of.

My only issue is it seems they are putting too much emphasis on the mother. Possibly for Julianne Moore's star power.

What nonsense. And of course it's horror, it was a horror film based on a horror book.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 4
Looks absolute shite - 5/4/2013 9:22:48 AM   
chris wootton

I thought they were going back to the source novel? Couldn't even watch all of the trailer, pointless.

Post #: 5
RE: Looks absolute shite - 5/4/2013 10:13:57 AM   
wedgeski

I like the look of this. The casting is solid and all they have to do is follow the basic beats of the original story and they can't go wrong.

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 6
remakes blah - 5/4/2013 11:41:48 AM   
pulp_frankenstein

not even bothered to watch it yet as 1st film is and always will be classic and even that isnt as gud as the BOOK

Post #: 7
Well, now we've seen the movie - 5/4/2013 1:16:21 PM   
Gumba23

Let me start by saying that I think this looks amazing. I loved the novel and from what I've seen in this trailer it seems to stick to the source. "from what I've seen" being a lot. I think this could have done with a shorter trailer, it seems like every major plot point is in this, up to the final carnage. I know the novel, so I can't be spoiled, but it should have kept back a few things...

Post #: 8
Looks Good - 5/4/2013 2:46:58 PM   
Madhava

This actually looks really good. All the right atmosphere and tension intact, with the effects to turn it into a real spectacle. Looking forward to it.

Post #: 9
why? - 5/4/2013 7:18:06 PM   
adam250579

another pointless remake cant see anything new or original

Post #: 10
- 5/4/2013 9:50:16 PM   
Whistler

This is looking pretty good. Like Evil Dead, a (hopefully) worthy remake, but the trailer shows pretty much everything.

Post #: 11
- 5/4/2013 10:30:56 PM   
greyhoundxtc

Looks like Matilda to me.

Post #: 12
RE: Well, now we've seen the movie - 6/4/2013 3:07:22 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gumba23
Let me start by saying that I think this looks amazing. I loved the novel and from what I've seen in this trailer it seems to stick to the source. "from what I've seen" being a lot. I think this could have done with a shorter trailer, it seems like every major plot point is in this, up to the final carnage. I know the novel, so I can't be spoiled, but it should have kept back a few things...

Agreed! I hope it will salvage the excellent story from that horrible 70s version. Its time someone did a good job with Stephen King materiel.

(in reply to Gumba23)
Post #: 13
RE: Full Carrie Trailer Is Here - 6/4/2013 3:10:52 AM   
NeoBrowser

Gotta say, the one scene that will make or break the film for me is when Carrie shows the good girl (forget her name) how everything happened through her eyes. That was the most emotional part of the book for me.

Looks like the slow-mo destruction will be epic though, just as I wanted it.

Post #: 14
Shelve it! - 6/4/2013 9:22:34 AM   
dannyfletch

This looks like a pointless, over CGI'd remake. Brian DePalma's classic 70's shocker still holds up to this day and Sissy Spacek gave an excellent performance as Carrie and suited the part down to a T! Chloe Moretz does not convince at all judging from the trailer, she doesn't even look the part. Also Julianne Moore isn't a patch on Piper Laurie as the twisted mother. The Evil Dead might be an effective remake but this looks like a pile of turd that needs to be shelved!

Post #: 15
RE: - 6/4/2013 1:09:01 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: greyhoundxtc

Looks like Matilda to me.

Or Chronicle. I don't see much of a horror film.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to greyhoundxtc)
Post #: 16
RE: Shelve it! - 10/4/2013 8:43:47 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: dannyfletch
This looks like a pointless, over CGI'd remake. Brian DePalma's classic 70's shocker still holds up to this day and Sissy Spacek gave an excellent performance as Carrie and suited the part down to a T! Chloe Moretz does not convince at all judging from the trailer, she doesn't even look the part. Also Julianne Moore isn't a patch on Piper Laurie as the twisted mother. The Evil Dead might be an effective remake but this looks like a pile of turd that needs to be shelved!

I just saw you posting this banal drivel on youtbe!
Also, literally every sentence you said is so ridiculously incorrect its almost funny.

(in reply to dannyfletch)
Post #: 17
RE: No No No No...No! - 10/4/2013 3:18:23 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeoBrowser

quote:

De Palma's 'Carrie' a "crapfest"? Jesus...

If you love the book and think the movie didn't adapt it very well, then fair enough. BUT that doesn't mean that as a standalone movie De Palma's film is "godawful". For example, I much prefer Fincher's Dragon Tattoo to the Swedish film, mainly because it felt closer to the book. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that I don't think the Swedish adaptation is still a very good movie.

Personally, I don't consider the book of Carrie to be up there with King's best. It's good, but I definitely prefer the movie. I just think it's an absolute masterpiece. Since this new movie will supposedly be a more faithful adaptation, I understand your excitement for it but I really don't see how you can loathe the original so much. King himself loves it and prefers it to the book, not to mention he doesn't really see the point in a remake. I can't say I disagree with him, but nevertheless I'll agree that this new movie is looking better than I thought it would...well, maybe just because of Julianne Moore.

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 18
RE: No No No No...No! - 11/4/2013 3:23:36 AM   
UTB

Thanks for putting the whole film in the trailer, no need to see it now.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Full Carrie Trailer Is Here Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI