Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Zoe Saldana Will Be A Guardian

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Zoe Saldana Will Be A Guardian Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Zoe Saldana Will Be A Guardian - 4/4/2013 8:37:48 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Boring option - 4/4/2013 8:37:48 AM   
jem0013

So we'll just get Uhura with green skin this time instead of blue! there must be other actresses out there that can do the job.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Please stop using the phrase "big bad" ... - 4/4/2013 8:55:12 AM   
thamuhacha

... it sounds ridiculous.

Post #: 3
RE: Please stop using the phrase "big bad" ... - 4/4/2013 9:29:51 AM   
elab49

It may seem so but it is now common currency and the shorthand behind the meaning is generally understood making it quite convenient.

That said, I'd have understood it to refer to more of a TV arc thing where the real villain gradually emerges from mix of possible others, or is in the background during other adventures?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to thamuhacha)
Post #: 4
RE: Please stop using the phrase "big bad" ... - 4/4/2013 10:25:48 AM   
MissingLink101

I always associate the term "big bad" with its use in Buffy whenever the new series villain shows up.

So, with the Joss Whedon Avengers connection it at least has some relevance in this article.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5
RE: Please stop using the phrase "big bad" ... - 4/4/2013 10:50:46 AM   
elab49

I think, although I may be wrong, that that is really where the term originated.

I didn't realise this was anything to do with Whedon - he normally hires better actresses.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to MissingLink101)
Post #: 6
RE: Please stop using the phrase "big bad" ... - 4/4/2013 12:52:18 PM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: thamuhacha

... it sounds ridiculous.

A while back I suggested that Empire writers stop using the vile phrase 'meet cute', but did they listen...? No! 'Big Bad' is indeed a Joss Whedon phrase from Buffy, but as has already been remarked, it's come to mean the overall villain / antagonist in any sort of plot / story arc heavy genre series. (Example: Sauron is the Big Bad in LOTR, whereas Saruman is a secondary antagonist.)

(in reply to thamuhacha)
Post #: 7
This is getting more interesting.... - 4/4/2013 7:54:52 PM   
bb

Zoe Saldana is already becoming one of my favourite actresses working today, having been impress with her performances in both STAR TREK (really looking forward to INTO DARKNESS) and AVATAR (Yes, I like that film, despite it's flaws). If she gets the role, then Gamora will be two of the reasons I'll be excited about GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (the other being Rocket Raccoon). This will be a big gamble for Marvel, a comic-book adaptation set in another galaxy focusing on a group of superheroes who are different compared to the likes of Iron Man, Hulk and others. But hopefully, James Gunn will make sure it doesn't become Marvel's folly.

Post #: 8
new director - 5/4/2013 11:20:07 AM   
pulp_frankenstein

no offence but why have marvel given gaurdians to james gunn who isnt exactly the best director. only 2 films only 1 of which (slither - super is ok) was decent and he gets a blockbuster?? same thing with cap america 2 not sure what marvel r thinking lately at least thor 2 got game of thrones guy behind the camera which makes some sense......go on comments people rip me a new 1 for not agreeing with the masses

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Zoe Saldana Will Be A Guardian Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI