Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Dredd Producer Shoots Down Sequel Talk

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dredd Producer Shoots Down Sequel Talk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dredd Producer Shoots Down Sequel Talk - 27/3/2013 11:40:00 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
onwards - 27/3/2013 11:40:00 PM   
davidjthomson

How about an animated version instead?

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: onwards - 28/3/2013 12:09:01 AM   
JOE SOAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidjthomson

DNA/IMGlobal are not animation studios, neither do they have an animation dept, plus it would have a smaller audience than live-action which is not really encouraging if they were to spend years on a cartoon only for watch people not to bother seeing it.

(in reply to davidjthomson)
Post #: 3
RE: onwards - 28/3/2013 5:37:24 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: JOE SOAP

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidjthomson

DNA/IMGlobal are not animation studios, neither do they have an animation dept, plus it would have a smaller audience than live-action which is not really encouraging if they were to spend years on a cartoon only for watch people not to bother seeing it.

Animated shows targeting an adult audience, that is a though one to sell.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to JOE SOAP)
Post #: 4
Not Fair - 28/3/2013 9:18:14 AM   
Mr_Haze1810

This is a travesty! I spent 2 weeks trying to find a cinema that showed it more than once a day and then had to travel 20miles to see it! Went to go again a week later and it was No Longer Showing!!! They can't give sequels to shit films and then let a gem like Dredd slip by!!! Can we not get a kickstarter on for Dredd2???

Post #: 5
not surprised - 28/3/2013 9:58:40 AM   
stucy

It wasn't great. I still don't think they've got the tone and look right. Maybe a sin city route or 300 route might be interesting.

Post #: 6
A crying shame - 28/3/2013 11:05:20 AM   
skthgn

I really enjoyed Dredd and although I didn't help the box office by missing the cinema release I did go buy the bluray on day of release so I could see it in all its 3D glory and there is certainly some very nice use of the 3D in here too.
The film certainly deserved to be more widely seen and I hope that somehow Karl Urban get to don the famous helmet at least once more in the future.

Post #: 7
A travesty of justice! - 28/3/2013 11:37:20 AM   
dreddhead

To paraphrase John Doe from Seven, "only in a world this shitty does crud like Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters get a sequel and a brilliant film like Dredd doesn't."
Still we can live in hope and the short sounds good.

Post #: 8
Absolute Disgrace - 28/3/2013 12:51:38 PM   
XTAL

Ok, so the film was not flawless.
But as a serious, adult action film attempting to kick-start what would be an interesting (at the very least!) series of films, it was pretty damn good.
Absolutely gutted a sequesl is not forthcoming.
Not sure who to blame;
- studios for limted promotion / advertising
- cinemas for lack of showing times / 2D options
- short-sighted film fans assuming the usual dross
- or the so-called die-hard 'fans' of this iconic, cult character who just didn't get off their arse to go to the cinema
A sad day for film all round, as I for one would happily have paid over & above the going rate to see where writers (and more importantly - fans) such as Alex Garland would have taken us within the Dredd universe

Post #: 9
This is not on. - 28/3/2013 2:01:08 PM   
nybras

I was really hoping for sequel as I loved it. It wasn't perfect, but it was 1000 times better than that 1995 version that should never, ever be spoken about.
I'd gladly pay to see a sequel and hope the DVD version becomes a cult classic.
People that don't know much about Dredd/2000 A.D. are missing out.

Post #: 10
This is MASSIVELY disappointing - 28/3/2013 2:46:25 PM   
MusicLovesYou

The future for hard R-rated action movies looks extremely bleak indeed. The Expendables wasn't even that violent (not to mention a bit shit) and that got softened for the sequel, and the less said about Die Hard 5 the better. At least the Stath is flying the flag, but we need more aggressive, bonkers, musclebound blood-frenzied and psychotic anti-hero types!!!

Post #: 11
Bullshit, Mr Han! Bullshit! - 28/3/2013 8:38:18 PM   
sirvolkar

God damn it! If any film of last year deserves a sequel it was Dredd. Very disappointing!!!

Post #: 12
I hope they change their minds - 28/3/2013 10:49:57 PM   
tazzyh

What a shame as this was my favourite film of last year (Looper was the most disappointing). I really hope they change their minds and Karl Urban gets to carry on his great portrayal... and any reason to see Olivia Thirlby back on the screen can only be a good thing.

Post #: 13
Shame About That - 1/4/2013 11:35:28 AM   
MisterP68

This was my fav film of last year. Karl Urban really nailed Dredd. Hopefully the sales of Blu-ray / DVD will make them change their minds, just like Tron Legacy seems to have done.

Post #: 14
RE: No More Dredd - 4/4/2013 9:13:40 PM   
Hugh_Fran

Adult action movies are a dying breed as there is no market for them unfortunately. Studios just want to churn out crap like Transformers to appeal to the big market which is young teenagers. Really gutted about this, my 3D copy of Dredd just arrived in the posts yesterday as well.

Post #: 15
RE: No More Dredd - 4/4/2013 9:49:44 PM   
Workshed

Such a shame. It deserved a sequel.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to Hugh_Fran)
Post #: 16
RE: No More Dredd - 5/4/2013 10:17:06 AM   
wedgeski

Very, very disappointed to hear the finality of this, even though the original hope was slim. Dredd remains one of the most memorable films of last year -- and shamefully under-rated by Empire to the tune of a whole star!

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 17
It DESERVES a sequel!!! - 15/4/2013 11:22:44 AM   
kielerkai

What a shame. Such a great action movie and nobody wanted to see it...

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Dredd Producer Shoots Down Sequel Talk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI