Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Full-Length Wolverine Trailer Arrives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Full-Length Wolverine Trailer Arrives Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Full-Length Wolverine Trailer Arrives - 27/3/2013 1:20:16 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
It just doesn't look Epic enough - 27/3/2013 1:20:16 PM   
Lostsheep

In a world of some big hitters this year - IM3 and Supes this almost looks like a small budget TV movie. From the initial images I thought it was going to be more gritty, more visceral, more stylised. Claws crossed the final product is better than the trailer.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
the wolverine - 27/3/2013 1:22:36 PM   
king of the empire

i was sorta looking forward to the wolverine but after seeing this trailer im not too sure. i mean this new wolverine movie looks like it will be better than the first shitty origins one but it doesnt look like it will be that much better though, i would have loved to have seen quentin tarentino direct this movie where he could have done a kill bill version of wolverine with awesum japanese samurai sword fight etc

Post #: 3
Hope - 27/3/2013 1:36:47 PM   
Gazzabrook

I'm not disappointed from the trailer, I had this film as a complete write off after they failed to get origins right but this gives me hope, completely different to any superhero film we've seen

Post #: 4
Looks good.. - 27/3/2013 2:13:21 PM   
Cool Breeze

I enjoyed the first Origins film for Logan but this looks a lot better.I like the idea of him being '' depowered '' so that he doesnt heal like before.Makes him more vulnerable so should make the fight scenes more exciting.

Post #: 5
Watch the US trailer... - 27/3/2013 2:21:29 PM   
Porter

...much better! Was really looking forward to this one and we've had to wait ages for the trailer. Underwhelmed, sums it up. US trailer is better cut, but it still looks like a bit of a duffer to me. Where were the hair-on-the-back-of-my-neck moments? not feeling it. Shame. Really like Jackers. Hope I'm wrong.

Post #: 6
Great - 27/3/2013 2:37:17 PM   
chris wootton

It's the whole "losing your powers" plot line. How many comic movies have covered that? .. looks the same as all the others really. Doovde

Post #: 7
RE: Watch the US trailer... - 27/3/2013 3:12:04 PM   
Chis

I would disagree, I thought the International trailer was edited better. US one has really annoying music (if you can call it that) through it.

I will still no doubt go and see it, trailer is ok, doesn't wow me but doesn't upset me either. Im not going to act like a spoilt teenage brat like alot of folk (not aimed at anyone in particular, just people as a whole on the web) do and judge a whole film they haven't seen by the trailer. So I will remain hopeful of at least a decent Wolverine film out of this. Better that than being a miserable about it I reckon.
Because how many of you have seen loads of films that were great after underwhelming trailers and seen loads of crap films after awesome trailers?

(in reply to Porter)
Post #: 8
- 27/3/2013 3:42:51 PM   
hi charlie

like a lot of films these days the cinematography looks digital, cheap and crappy, I hope this isn't the overall look of the film.

Post #: 9
Hmm - 27/3/2013 3:47:22 PM   
guysalisbury

Compared to the likes of IM3, Man of Steel and Star Trek this looks terrible! I am predicting a 2 star review from my beloved Empire. Pick some better films Hugh because you're too good for this BS!

Post #: 10
Depowered = more interesting - 27/3/2013 3:56:47 PM   
danielthompson99

Wolvie's invulnerability is all well and good when he's thowing it down with the Hulk, or leaping out of another crashing X-Plane, but the more involving stories have always centred on his vulnerability.
There's a wonderfull Uncanny X-Men where the outlaws end up in Genosha for the first time, and Wolvie gets his powers taken away by Wipeout. The metal in his body slowly starts to poison him, and every time he pops his claws, the wounds don't close.
Needless to say, at the end he goes down fighting, laying his body out for his team and to save the world again.
I'll go to see this at the cinema, because the studio and the character are so strong. I just wish he was shorter. (Come on, if you can make Hobbits!)

Post #: 11
- 27/3/2013 4:29:48 PM   
theonering

Am I the only one who actually really enjoyed origins. This looks better mind, the idea of claws v katanas is too cool for school

Post #: 12
PUSH - 27/3/2013 5:24:37 PM   
HulkySmashSmash

Looks a lot like Push. Wolverine was a tad shite, hopefully this is a tad good.

Post #: 13
U.S Trailer is ace... - 27/3/2013 9:04:13 PM   
mancalledpete

So the iTunes U.S trailer is amazing & makes the film almost a big contender... The one embedded in the article above is cack & sloppy.......... Why?

Post #: 14
U.S Trailer - 28/3/2013 8:53:22 AM   
TheHazman

the U.S trailer was so much better. It got me genuanlly exited! The one embedded just seem to be some clips thrown together. Quite looking forward to seeing this now :)

Post #: 15
RE: U.S Trailer - 28/3/2013 12:57:57 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Hmmm though it looks better than the first film was hopeing it'd be more darker & that we'd see the ledgendary Wolverine Beserker rage from what we've seen so far sadly it doesn't seem to be.

(in reply to TheHazman)
Post #: 16
THE WOLVERINE TRAILER IS EPIC! - 28/3/2013 10:07:27 PM   
GUNS BLAZING

I thought the trailer looked amazing it was almost like a religious experience, even though I am an atheist. The movie looks awesome I will even go out on a limb and say that it looks better then the original X men movie which I liked a lot. And for the record the International trailer kicks the US trailers A$$.....

Post #: 17
Looks promising - 31/3/2013 12:04:52 AM   
pgmark

Certainly seems a little more considered as a story than the first one. More of a focus on Wolverine rather than a which character can we shoe horn into the film to see what the audience reaction is. Hello Deadpool........ Oh, still a little shy?

Post #: 18
what is their problem - 3/4/2013 4:54:16 PM   
Sparkykelly69

Has no one learned from the Star Wars prequels that too much CGI does not make a good film. I have yet to watch this trailer but the train scene in the 20sec trailer nearly made me switch off my computer altogether. Origins was marred by horrible cgi even the scene with Professor X looked cartoony.
I will give this the benefit of the doubt for now as it can not be any worse than origins. I love X2 and still think they have yet to better that film towards Wolverines character.
We live in hope

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Full-Length Wolverine Trailer Arrives Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI